Rate The Card: UFC on FOX 21 Condit vs. Maia

25 minutes is a long time to not get caught by something from Condit, even the super tactical and safe GSP got dropped, I got my boy Condit blasting Maia.

This card is an A++. For one fight. You know the one. I personally don't give a flying fuck about a single other fight on the card but it doesn't matter. You take one fight, that represents everything that is great about this sport, my favorite Brazilian fighter of all time matched against clearly one of the greatest welterweights of all time and close to being his equal. We will find out if Carlos has finally conquered one of his greatest nemesis, defending the takedown. I have stated many times Maia deserves the title shot long ago, more so than Carlos or Tyron. This fight will prove me correct.

I would give it a 7/10 based on the strength of the main event, but any card with Kevin Casey on it gets an automatic 1 point deduction.

Like others have said, great main card but bad undercard. 4/10 or 5/10

It's on a similar level to the regular Fight Nights like Salt Lake City and Hamburg and Hidalgo, but more top heavy with the big fights.

Are the UFC intentionally understacking the Fox cards? Also, why is this in August and not December like usual? Is this part of a negotation with Fox or something?

The quality of FOX cards has been steadily decreasing. I wonder if it means something.

FOX Main Card:

Carlos Condit vs. Demian Maia
Anthony Pettis vs. Charles Oliviera
Jim Miller vs. Joe Lauzon II
Paige VanZant vs. Bec Rawlings

FOX Prelims:

Josh Emmett vs. Jeremy Kennedy
Sam Alvey vs. Kevin Casey
Chad Laprise vs. Thibault Gouti
Adam Hunter vs. Ryan Janes

Fight Pass Prelims:

Shane Campbell vs. Felipe Silva
Kyle Bochniak vs. Enrique Barzola
Garreth McLellan vs. Alessio Di Chirico

Please keep in mind that the bout order for this card has yet to be determined, this one was made purely for the sake of this thread. With that being said, what is your opinion of UFC on FOX 21 in Vancouver? A little underwhelming if you ask me. The UFC seems to have dipped off a bit lately in terms of the fire Big FOX cards they had been delivering previously. Adding Condit/Maia was a good move but I hate that it had to take away from the quality of UFC 202 and it also showed that they must have had a few prospective Main Events that fell through forcing them to pull a fight from a different card. The Main Card isn't terrible, but I wouldn't call it exceptionally good. Not many good fights on the prelims. Given I rate Big FOX cards on a pretty high scale, I gotta give this one a 6, maybe a 6.5/10. Thoughts?

6/10

It's my cat's birthday

He didn't throw any punches against theodorou so im not sure that one counts as a fight
In third grade a boy put gum in my hair on the bus and I threw my portable pencil sharpener at him. We were given detention for a week and suspended from the bus for three days for "fighting". So if that counts I'll say Alvey vs. Theodorou counts.

If Pettis can't pull the trigger in this then he really is shot.

As Fox cards go it's just okay. Main event will be interesting but probably not very exciting.

It's all about Lauzon / Miller II really. And the fact that there's no flyweight and only 1 womens fight is a plus. Hell, it couldn't be any worse than last night's card.

5/10 for a fox card. Fox cards are usually more stacked then this.

In third grade a boy put gum in my hair on the bus and I threw my portable pencil sharpener at him. We were given detention for a week and suspended from the bus for three days for "fighting". So if that counts I'll say Alvey vs. Theodorou counts.

That incident sounds pretty sadistic compared to Theodorou vs Alvey. I still get sleepless nights about how bad that was

Like others have said, great main card but bad undercard. 4/10 or 5/10

It's on a similar level to the regular Fight Nights like Salt Lake City and Hamburg and Hidalgo, but more top heavy with the big fights.

Are the UFC intentionally understacking the Fox cards? Also, why is this in August and not December like usual? Is this part of a negotation with Fox or something?
They added another Big FOX show to the year, they're still doing a December event.

You guys are tripping.

Condit vs Maia is ppv worthy.

Anthony Pettis is a former champion

Jim vs Joe going to be wild.

Pvz is a star

Why do people rate prelims? Really why?

6/10 or even 7/10. I really like main card. To bad prelims are a little weak.

Back