Rate The Card: UFC Fight Night Magny vs. Ponzinibbio (Bueno Aires, Argentina)

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
FS1 Main Card:

Neil Magny vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio
Ricardo Lamas vs. Darren Elkins
Khalil Rountree vs. Johnny Walker
Cezar Ferreira vs. Tom Breese
Cynthia Calvillo vs. Poliana Botelho
Alessio Di Chirico vs. TBD

FS1 Prelims:

Guido Cannetti vs. Marlon Vera
Michel Prazeres vs. Bartosz Fabinski
Enrique Barzola vs. Nad Narimani
Ariane Lapski vs. Maryna Moroz

Fight Pass Prelims:

Alexandre Pantoja vs. Ulka Sasaki
Devin Powell vs. Jesus Pinedo
Austin Arnett vs. Humberto Bandenay
Hector Aldana vs. Laureano Staropoli

With 14 official fights, it seems UFC Fight Night: Magny vs. Ponzinibbio from Bueno Aires, Argentina is complete. The UFC's first ever card in Argentina. What do you guys think of the card? Piss poor, even by international Fight Night standards imo. I like the Main Event, the Co-Main is okay I guess. Rountree and Ferreira/Breese will be fun. I don't see much else to be excited about though. I understand the UFC is probably just trying to see how they do in a new country by delivering a feeler card, but this is crap. 1-2 more good fights on the Main Card would have made it at least serviceable but this is pretty bad.

If I had to rate this card, I give it a 2... maybe a 3/10 at most. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Khalil smashing someone I've never heard of is always good, looking forward to that the most. Breese/Mutante could be interesting. The rest? Bleh... :confused:

I give it a 2 or 3. I might miss this card. Only 1 fight I could watch and thats the main event and its nothing to brag about. So yeah missing it likely

#UFCIsDying #KhabibBless #ConorIsDaUFC #BringBackGoldy #TakebackAnik

Easily worst card of the year 1.5/10

Doubt I’ll even tune into this one.

Low on name recognition, but not on quality bookings - should be an entertaining main card

Easily worst card of the year 1.5/10

Doubt I’ll even tune into this one.
You're going to miss some bangers and violent finishes

This is one of those cards, like many Brazil cards, where there's not many big names but it has a ton of guys looking to make a name for themselves.

3/10, but because it has a Fabinski fight I’ll give it a soft 2/10.

I can’t remember being more angry about a fight than I was for Meek vs Fabinski. God damn that was a disaster. Promised myself that I’ll never watch that guy fight again.

Depends. I’ll look into the fighters at a later date but if there is some decent prospects I’ll watch. Based on not looking into it much it doesn’t look good.

3/10, but because it has a Fabinski fight I’ll give it a soft 2/10.

I can’t remember being more angry about a fight than I was for Meek vs Fabinski. God damn that was a disaster. Promised myself that I’ll never watch that guy fight again.
Yeah Fabinksi is as boring as they come and has been for all three of his UFC bouts thus far. Matching him against Prazeres was basically the UFC begging for another snoozer.

1.5/10 that's a pretty weak card.

Good card for international standards 7 out of 10 but no big names, Ponz is from Argentina so that is cool will get to see first Argentinian UFC Crowd. Its a good night for fight fans but 14 fights is 2 fights too much. Pantoja is a prospect and other good fighters on there like Bandenay, Prazeres, Moroz, Barzola and Vera all in the prelims, some of them fight questionable competition though. On the main card Tom Breese is back against Feriera gonna be a good fight. Rountree fighting a newcomer Khalil is always fun to watch and comes out of a great win against Saki. The Co Main Event is fire Elkins never quits and Lamas will be pushing the pace, not really a fan of Magny but he is good and Ponz looking to make his win streak go to 7 he could be a contender. Hopefully i can watch most of it as Red Dead Redemption 2 drops in 2 days.

Very average on paper. Surprised that Lipski/Moroz isn't on the main card.

FS1 Main Card:

Neil Magny vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio
Ricardo Lamas vs. Darren Elkins
Khalil Rountree vs. Johnny Walker
Cezar Ferreira vs. Tom Breese

Main card looks ok for a FS1 card. Being the fact its pretty much free I'm gonna give it an unpopular 6/10. If this was a paid or subscription only event it would be only a 3/10 max.

Up until now I wasn't aware Khalil Rountree had such a serious drinking problem...

giphy.gif

Just as i expected... the card is really similar to the Chile one in quality...
Both Main and Co Main should be really good fights... Rountree fight could also be really entertainig and Ferreira vs Breese is a good scrap....
In the prelims Canetti vs Vera should be really good, there is legit bad blood between them, also Barzola vs Narimani is a great fight, Barzola is 5-1 in the UFC so far....
In the FP portion Bandenay is the dark horse.. he may get another higlight KO...
For a Fight Night i think this one is a 5/10... hopefully as a person that is going to the event the fights are going to be unexpectedly good (like the last Brazilian card)

Back