Rate The Card: UFC Fight Night 135 Gaethje vs. Vick (Nebraska)

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
FS1 Main Card:

Justin Gaethje vs. James Vick
Michael Johnson vs. Andre Fili
John Moraga vs. Deiveson Figueiredo
Jake Ellenberger vs. Bryan Barberena
Eryk Anders vs. Tim Williams
Mickey Gall vs. George Sullivan

FS1 Prelims:

Rani Yayha vs. Luke Sanders
Angela Hill vs. Cortney Casey
Drew Dober vs. Jon Tuck
Iuri Alcantara vs. Corey Sandhagen

Fight Pass Prelims:

Joanne Calderwood vs. Kalindra Faria
Andrew Sanchez vs. Antonio Braga Neto

With 12 fights, it seems UFC Fight Night 135 in Lincoln, Nebraska is complete. Give or take a prelim or so. Please keep in mind that the bout order for the card has not yet been completed, the one above is purely for the sake of the thread. With that being said, what do you guys think? Not too bad for a Fight Night event. I would like 1 more Main Card caliber fight tucked in there but in a stacked summer lineup, this is what you must accept in a Fight Night right now. I think I liked the Iaquinta fight a bit more, but Gaethje vs. Vick is no small consolation prize. Johnson vs. Fili is good too, but other than that, not many fights on this card are doing it for me. If I had to rate this card, I give it a 6.5-7/10. Just because it's hard for a Gaethje event to get much lower than that. What do you guys think?

Meh. Ellenberger hasn't been himself for half of a decade, only fights im interested in are johnson vs fili, Yahya vs Sanders and Gaethje vs Vick

6/10

this event gonna break the record for most decisions and be one of the worst events of the last decade

For a Fight Night card, not bad at all. I'll stream it

7.5/10

I'd give it a 5/10, and that's being generous. As you mentioned, not much besides Gaethje/Vick and Johnson/Fili...but at least the wmma is on the prelims. Can't really complain about a Fight Night card tho, will watch.

There's some familiar names at least I'd go 6/10. I wouldn't pay for it, but it's a fight night so I'll be tuning in for sure.

Ghatjie, Johnson, Anders and Gall. I will take this card, thank you very much.

Real fun night of fights here. I keep confusing this with the calgary card.

Decent fight night card I will tune in for sure. 6/10

MJ vs Fili will be interesting
Deiveson is good up and comer let's see what he can do
Eryk is a beast
Probably most looking forward to see Gall lose again. Idk why people think Sullivan sucks balls yes he sucks but he has enough tools to ruin Mickey's day. Sullivan gave Niko some problems. Hope he smashes Gall

Seriously not trying to be mean and I respect what the guy had accomplished by how in the world is Jake Ellenberger still contracted to fight with UFC?

Will watch regardless.

By UFN standards in the States, very poor. Great main event, shit everywhere else.

4/10

7/10

The main and co-main are good,
Anders and Gall should rebound and the Yahya/Sanders fight is an interesting grappling match.

Dober/Tuck is a sleeper that should bring the violence

6.5/10. Would be a bit lower if not for Gaethje/Vick. Would be a bit higher if not for two wmma fights

7/10

All around solid main card. Main an comain will almost certainly have finishes.

Undercard is meh but I'm happy that Overkill is fighting again.

Shit card. Now this weekend card aldo/Stephens , joanna,/tecia and porier/Alvarez 2 . Now that's good free card

Back