Reaction score
All righty, I think this meal is about as healthy as it gets:

1 big fat vine ripened organically grown tomato
1 bunch of scallions
1 big fat organic jalapeno pepper
8 ounces goat milk feta cheese
two tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
two slices of wheat bread

I slice up the tomato, scallions and jalapeno, drizle the olive oil, throw the creamy feta cheese on top, eat with whole wheat bread. Its light, healthy, nutritios, tastes good. I take my multis, glucosamine/chondroitin and coq10 with it, then sip on a quart of spring water. Not bad huh?

Where's the protein?

Casein in the cheese aside that's the main thing I see missing.

I was going to ask wheres the damn meat

King Kabuki said:
Where's the protein?

Casein in the cheese aside that's the main thing I see missing.

I think theres enough protein for a mid day meal in the cheese, but yeah I could add some more maybe from some turke slices or something. Its just meant to be something to tide me over till my midafternoon myoplex + efa snack.

Nah, unless you're using copious amounts of that cheese it's not going to supply you with the same 20g you can get from adding that turkey to it. And even if you do you'd be upping the fat content of the sandwich, even though Feta is a lower-fat cheese, you'd need a lot to eqaul substancial protein intake you'd get from a couple slices of a lean meat.

King Kabuki said:
Nah, unless you're using copious amounts of that cheese it's not going to supply you with the same 20g you can get from adding that turkey to it. And even if you do you'd be upping the fat content of the sandwich, even though Feta is a lower-fat cheese, you'd need a lot to eqaul substancial protein intake you'd get from a couple slices of a lean meat.

Id like to find something that "goes" with this, probabl some kind of fish. Mabe Ill add some salmon tomorrow.

I'd thought the same thing with regards to protein until I re-read his post and then looked up feta cheese at calorie king (link below).

http://www.calorieking.com/foods/food/carbs-calories-in-cheese-feta_Y2lkPTMwMjI0JmJpZD0xJmZpZD02NzkwNCZlaWQ9Mjk1MDc2NzAmcG9zPTImcGFyPSZrZXk9ZmV0YSBjaGVlc2U.html

Couldn't specificly find goat milk feta cheese but the other feta's all seem to be consistent with each other as to nutrition.

Here's the thing though, the listed 2.4g protein and 45 cals is for a 0.6 oz portion size. Gungfu says he is using 8 ounces of feta though in his initial post.

This makes for a sandwich with 30 odd grams of protein and over 1,000 calories. Hope you're bulking.

KOU In3 said:
I'd thought the same thing with regards to protein until I re-read his post and then looked up feta cheese at calorie king (link below).

http://www.calorieking.com/foods/food/carbs-calories-in-cheese-feta_Y2lkPTMwMjI0JmJpZD0xJmZpZD02NzkwNCZlaWQ9Mjk1MDc2NzAmcG9zPTImcGFyPSZrZXk9ZmV0YSBjaGVlc2U.html

Couldn't specificly find goat milk feta cheese but the other feta's all seem to be consistent with each other as to nutrition.

Here's the thing though, the listed 2.4g protein and 45 cals is for a 0.6 oz portion size. Gungfu says he is using 8 ounces of feta though in his initial post.

This makes for a sandwich with 30 odd grams of protein and over 1,000 calories. Hope you're bulking.

I fucked up, its a 7 ounce package and I ate a bit more than half, about 4 ounces. Still, thats prett high in calories. Next time, 3 ounces of feta and 3 ounces of salmon.

Thanks for the help guys.

1cup of Cottage Cheese with that in a pince would also up the protein nicely. Maybe some romaine lettuce too?

Anyway, I like your lunch there, I rate it an 8 out of 10.

I would have chopped the tomatoes and the scallions...add some salt, pepper, fresh garlic and two eggs and made and omellete. If you needed somemore protien, you could some salmon.

that sandwich would be good w/ a couple of fried eggs or a can of albacore tuna mixed w/ some mayo and dijon mustard...

...sounded gross at first, but actually seems like a good recipe!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back