Rate Daniel Cormier's Performance (Jones v. Cormier)

I thought his gameplan was shit but could just have been that Bones is that good.. I wish he had attacked harder earlier. He did get Jones with some decent shots though

he didn't stink up the joint, had some good moments and made it a hard-fought fight for Jones, but he also gassed and focused too much on getting Jones down. I'd favor Jones in a rematch, but believe DC could do a better job. 4/10.

i gave him a 5, but that's on a scale relative to him and not others

He did ok, but he certainly wasn't on his game

Not in the eyes of the judges.

I don't recall suggesting that he got blown out.

But it was a clear win for Jones, no matter how you slice it.

I won't argue semantics beyond this.

He clearly lost.
He wasn't dominated.

A lot of people are saying this is a goat and he went the distance, making it competitive, even slamming jones at the end when Jones knew it was coming. He did ok. Domination is what I think of when I think of rampage, chael, & shogun.

I won't argue semantics beyond this.

He clearly lost.
He wasn't dominated.

A lot of people are saying this is a goat and he went the distance, making it competitive, even slamming jones at the end when Jones knew it was coming. He did ok. Domination is what I think of when I think of rampage, chael, & shogun.

You say you won't argue semantics, and then you go on to define what you believe "domination" is.

To me, beating a guy with his own game plan 4-1 is pretty damn dominant.

Especially given that he was 5-to-1 on take downs on an Olympic wrestler who was the favorite to wrestlefuck Jon.

He was doing fine until he gassed and went on a "Must take him down to prove a point" crusade. He caught Jones with a lot of shots in those first few rounds, should have just stuck with it.

I voted a 7. He got inside, tried working against the fence, and at least had a game plan that might have worked had he not gotten tired and had Jones not utilized good defense against the fence. He took the Champ to Decision and took little damage which is at least a moral victory because Jones really is that good.

To put it in perspective, I'd give Gus a 9. A 10 would obviously have been warranted had the opponent beaten the Champ.

gave him an 8. He did will till he gassed and was outclassed.

7, he really did almost as good as he could, with 5 round cardio he gets a 10 but I don't think the result is any different.

am a big cormier fan and a big jones hater.

jones just showed that he was the superior fighter. nothing else much to say.

I see Jones had 4 titlefights for 5 round without finishing:
DC, Glover, Gus, Rashad

With Glover it was domination, other three - not so much.
I rate it something like:

If Jones perfomances in all bouts was 10 (winner):

Gus - 9
DC - 8
Rashad - 5
Glover - 4

considering the opponent, I thought he did pretty well, I gave him a 7. fought a great 2 rounds and then jones really showed up and shut him down.

people love to hate on jones but to me that fight really emphasized how great he is. he completely shut down the wrestling of one of the best wrestlers to ever fight in the ufc, and it was a guy who easily fights one division up at HW. you may not like him but jones is a total beast.

He won a round
Another was practically a tie
Two of them were close but Jones won
One was a strong 10-9 for Jones

Considering his height, reach, and age disadvantage he did very well.

You say you won't argue semantics, and then you go on to define what you believe "domination" is.

To me, beating a guy with his own game plan 4-1 is pretty damn dominant.

Especially given that he was 5-to-1 on take downs on an Olympic wrestler who was the favorite to wrestlefuck Jon.

It wasn't a domination.

When watching the fight again, I saw a slip somewhere in the beginning that Rogan called a takedown. I think another takedown was where Jones walked away pushing his face against the cage at the end of the round. Cant remember how if it really was a takedown.

The only 2 that were unquestionable takedowns from jones that I remember were the two consecutive ones in the 4th, was it?

Bottom line, no takedowns led to anything so why give points for them..

First time I watched it, I was at a bar. Second time at home and I could not believe how much Jones's dick was in rogans mouth.

i gave him a very generous 7....he shouldn't have faded the way he did i mean you're going up against a champ who has been doing 5 rounds for a long time now and seemingly always has gas in the tank, you would think DC would've compensated for that but instead he bull rushed and HOPED he would get a knockout something of which nobody has come close to doing

Fight went exactly the way i thought...too much length and not as much fuel in the champ. rounds.He did prove, hes right there ,as a fighter, with bones.
Somewhere between 7 and 8 would be the correct rating..

7, he clearly lost, but put up a good fight and aside of the fourth round, he never got dominated by Jones.

the way he talked himself big, it ended meh
so average *5

Back