Movies Rate and Discuss the Last Movie You Saw v.16

The Marksman (2021)
Liam Neeson films are usually reliable, fairly brainless, action. This one wasn't, at all. Neeson is a former forces guy working in the border patrol scene and he saves a little kid from the cartel who then come after him. Fuck all happens really, most of the movie is just Neeson and the kid 'bonding' to some extent. Dull as hell.
4/10

Nobody (2021)

This was more like what I was expecting from The Marksman. Saul from Breaking Bad plays a suburban family man pushed over the edge by a lame home invasion attempt - turns out he's not quite what he first seemed to be, and all hell breaks loose. It's pretty brainless stuff and Saul's acting is pretty fucking cheesey to be honest but it was an enjoyable 90mins of chaos.
7/10

I saw this. I agree with the rating. I enjoyed the first even more, I'd probably give that an 8.

I didn't spot Cerrone or Hieron.
Cerrone was one of the goons in Brussels who killed Denzel's older white woman friend in the hotel. I knew they were gonna kill her at some point to piss him off.

Hieron was Denzel's taxi passenger who tried to kill him while he was driving. How rude.

Boys From County Hell

3/10

Irish horror. Vampire flick trying to be Shaun of the Dead a bit. Interesting take on the vampire but kind of retarded too. It looked awesome so big points for that. Some funny parts for sure. Not sure they followed their own rules. Really don't care.

Skip it and just look up footage of the vamp online.

Cerrone was one of the goons in Brussels who killed Denzel's older white woman friend in the hotel. I knew they were gonna kill her at some point to piss him off.

Hieron was Denzel's taxi passenger who tried to kill him while he was driving. How rude.
lol i remember now

Tried to background watch Assassin's Creed edited version on demand and had to turn it off. The woman looked good though.

I watched fox Robin hood. It was a great time and the goat Disney movie soundtrack

Drop Zone (1994) - This was a movie I truly enjoyed over time. You had Nessip (Snipes) as the federal officer and lead who in the movie's introduction loses his partner/brother in a mid-air incident. Soon after Nessip develops a rapport and quickly learns from a female skydiving expert (Butler). Nessip investigates and finds out of an inside-terrorist plan in Washington D.C.

MV5BNGUyMWNjNGYtZmNhNS00MGQxLTlmYmMtNDE0NDhhNDk3ZTgxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

The Conjuring 2 - 5.5/10

It was just okay. It had some creepy shit in it but didn't really give me the willies.
And Wilson and Farmiga's characters are pretty corny.

I'm really pining for a supernatural horror in the vein of Sinister or Insidious that will fuck me up proper.

Watched a few this weekend.

Boys from County Hell (2020)
Based on the guy above's review I gave this a go. As he said, Irish comedy/horror about a vampire. It had a few funny moments, some funny dialogue. The vampire was different at least in how he went about his business / the concept of it. But not a great movie.
5/10

The Empty Man (2020)

Psychological horror that was vaguely pleasantly surprising. Former cop, searching for a missing family friend, stumbles upon a cult that worship some kind of 'tulpa' or conjured thought form - to begin with this felt like it was gonna be an 'urban legend high school slasher' type film, something like the Slenderman. Turned out to be something more complex than that, wasn't great though.
6/10

Nomadland (2021)

Lovely stuff, actually. Very melancholic, borderline sad movie that follows a widow who lives in a camper van and works in migratory jobs while dipping in and out of a community of older people in the same boat as her. It's largely a character study type movie, very slow burner but really nicely done.
8/10

Mortal Kombat (2021)

You know what, I fucking loved it. Yeah, it was cheesey but it's based on a bloody computer game, of course it's gonna be cheesey with a thin plot. I had no time for Cole Young but I acknowledge that a 'normal person' was needed in order to work the storyline. I thought they did an excellent job with most of the characters, Goro was a bit disappointing though unfortunately. In general, loved it for nostalgia purposes.
8/10

i watched lucky number slevin again, good movie

also saw green zone, was kinda meh like they were doing some iraq war movie but then filming it like it was a bourne movie lol

Without Remorse

[Amazon Prime]

4/10

CIA action thriller. Just a paycheck for all involved, not worth the time -avoid.

Last edited:
Black Bear.
The first half is a delight. The splendidly spiteful marriage and Audrey Plaza's charismatic lead keep you engrossed. The second half is more of a head fuck set in some twisted alternate reality.. or is it?
8/10.

Black Bear.
The first half is a delight. The splendidly spiteful marriage and Audrey Plaza's charismatic lead keep you engrossed. The second half is more of a head fuck set in some twisted alternate reality.. or is it?
8/10.
Is this related to the black mirror episode

iu

FUCK THIS MOVIE.

STORY: I have NO FUCKING CLUE. You got dimensional travels, you got paradoxes, you got discussions of quantum physics, all over a dinner where everybody is themselves but they're not and I have no idea man. This movie made my brain hurt.

ACTING: SOmething about this movie seemed strange, but I'll get to that in a bit. The acting SEEMS off, but after looking into the movie a bit I understand why. Lets just say that it's good for what it actually is.

FX/CINEMATOGRPAHY: After some research, it turns out this movie was shot over 5 days at the directors house. The cast wasn't told what was going on before hand, they weren't given scripts, just a general idea of what is supposed to be going on and told to make it up as they went along. Granted, each person was given hints to make sure the plot of the movie went along with what the director wanted but the vast majority of the dialogue was made up by the cast themselves. In doing this, they created a movie that seems to be very real and authentic, despite the obvious scifi elements to it. The camera work was all quite shaky, as most of it was done with handhelds by a very small effects crew. Throw all of this together and it's actually quite good.

FINAL THOUGHTS: I give this movie a giant FUCK THIS SHIT/10 because god dammit, it made my brain hurt. If you watch it, pay attention to all the fucking details or you WILL miss important things that help explain everything later on. God dammit, I love this movie but I fucking hate it.
Loved it for all the reasons you listed besides you not understanding it.
9/10

Two action/war on Netflix:

Outside The Wire: 6.5/10: Some ok action scenes, cool Robot soldiers. Weak main character, although Mackey is good as usual. So much unreached potential.

The Outpost: 7.5/10: Very interesting based on truth. Great harrowing action. Good acting, gritty.

Snyder's JL 8/10

It was really good. Somewhat long, but took a break to take dog for a walk.

Aquaman showed a tad too much skin tbh ... felt awkward when the wife moaned once or twice.

Alice Sweet Alice (1976) - This was the original innocent cupid face killer released years before Valentine (2001). Two different killers, same mask same slicker.
images

Valentine (2001) - On Valentine's Day a group of childhood friends reunite as adults and each begins to fall as a victim. It's a direct, straight-forward movie with one killer.
Valentine_film.jpg

Last edited:
Shockerposter.jpg

18471106ignvqefyzflzpct75_5xujk6tp8g8ttg77ulnendhr67_e7rcn3wh3zlfxcjk0m_i6z5oehpopfeqz5kpoleg.jpg

Shocker (1989) - You could tell director Wes Craven was truly emamored with the slasher concept of serial killer antagonists at the time.

Could we see Horace Pinker reprogrammed in the digital/social media era? I wonder the things he would say to some of these millennial punks.

Last edited:
Back