Movies Rate and Discuss the Last Movie You Saw v.16

tried to watch tropic thunder. its not very funny and seems like theyre trying too hard. i also dont like jack black, it seems like a saturday night live sketch or something, i only made it past like 20 min or so

Watched Children of Men after all the recommendations in the sci-fi thread. Was ok. Although i havent read it, I got the impression that they were trying to present a preserved film version of the book, where the imagery and scenes are conveyed closely to how they are written, rather than being reimagined for a film. I think this would be a great book to read but I was a bit underwhelmed tbh. 6/10

Interstellar

7/10

This was pretty good. Without revealing anything, the ending was not very satisfying. High quality scifi movie but not a classic for me.

Interstellar

7/10

This was pretty good. Without revealing anything, the ending was not very satisfying. High quality scifi movie but not a classic for me.
Even though the ending may have been a little unrealistic, I didn't have a problem with it. I wish the director had shot it in 3D IMAX though. It would have been so much better in the theaters.

Mad max - not very good, felt like a b movie. Hopefully the sequels are better 5/10

Back to school - pretty enjoyable movie 7/10

Calm With Horses (2020)
Gritty Irish movie about a former boxer working as an enforcer for a local crime family and trying to connect with his autistic son and estranged missus. It started with a lot of promise, I enjoyed it but it just felt a bit flat. Nothing major happened really, the soundtrack is sweet though (Blanck Mass, a favourite of mine).
6/10

9/10

Brilliant. About halfway through i remembered it was shot in 1 take and then i tried to follow the camera work but quickly got swallowed up by the narrative again. May have to rewatch this one. I think that there are better war movies in cinema history but this definitely deserves a place in some kind of all time list.

Watcher Fisher King, moving and sensible movie about bad luck, coincidence, uncontrollable results of our behavior (in the good and bad) and human emotions.
I'm allways torn about the intense acting of Robin Williams, the figures were too stereotypical and predictable in their development,
the plot was somehow washed out and the whole "Holy Grail" episode comical.
I still liked it for the delivery of strong emotions, failure and reformation aspects and general positive notion even if life hits hard.
Besides all the critique the movie was still able to move me a little bit so it's a 7/10 from me.

tried to watch tropic thunder. its not very funny and seems like theyre trying too hard. i also dont like jack black, it seems like a saturday night live sketch or something, i only made it past like 20 min or so
What! That movie is hilarious. It only gets better after the 20 min mark as well. Maybe you just aren’t into the Ben Stiller style comedies ala Something about Mary and Dodgeball

Mad max - not very good, felt like a b movie. Hopefully the sequels are better 5/10
Pretty much right on all accounts. First was underwhelming, but it was a b-movie project with a budget of $400k total. Similar movie making story to Evil Dead. And in both cases became a hit. The 2nd and 4th are amazing films, and the 3rd is weird but kinda fun.

What! That movie is hilarious. It only gets better after the 20 min mark as well. Maybe you just aren’t into the Ben Stiller style comedies ala Something about Mary and Dodgeball
I liked something about Mary and meet the fockers movies, I've only seen a bit of dodgeball and it seemed alright. This one seemed more like Zoolander which I didn't like either

Pretty much right on all accounts. First was underwhelming, but it was a b-movie project with a budget of $400k total. Similar movie making story to Evil Dead. And in both cases became a hit. The 2nd and 4th are amazing films, and the 3rd is weird but kinda fun.
Yea I'll check out the sequels as I heard the 2nd was the best

9/10

Brilliant. About halfway through i remembered it was shot in 1 take and then i tried to follow the camera work but quickly got swallowed up by the narrative again. May have to rewatch this one. I think that there are better war movies in cinema history but this definitely deserves a place in some kind of all time list.
You do realize it wasn’t shot in “one take” right?

This is unacceptable. Tropic thunder is one of the greatest comedies of all time.

8BOdkeo.gif

Vacation (1983)
Vacation1983.jpg

Still an all time classic comedy. Classic Chevy Chase. Prime Christie Brinkley.

9/10 - "A"

Tokyo Godfathers

8/10

Japanese animated adventure following the journey of an abandoned baby around Tokyo, after being found by three homeless people on Christmas Eve. The film gives the impression of animation laid over a photographic backdrop of the city, immersing you into the world of the characters as they guide you their version of Tokyo. Im not big into the genre but have seen a few, and this was a good one - an enjoyable watch.

Back