Movies Rate and Discuss the Last Movie You Saw v.16

Passenger 57

Good 90s action flick with Wesley Snipes. Elizabeth Hurley was a prime hardbody as well. Snipes was an underrated action star, too bad be didn't pay his taxes and now he's doing direct to video shit like seagal and jcvd

The Hunt (2020)
We've seen this concept many times before. Rich, billionaire elitists kidnap a bunch of regular people and chuck them in a forest in Croatia where they hunt them down for sport and fun. It's a tired, repetitive concept that's been done before and probably better, too.
4/10

Vivarium (2020)

This was fucking weird. It had potential, actually. It's a bizarro drama/suspense type movie - a young couple looking for a house wander into a weird estate agents where an extremely weird agent takes them to view a brand new suburban complex. They get stranded there and shit gets incredibly weird - they get delivered a baby to raise with the seeming endgame being that they will be released if they raise the kid.......the kid is bizarre. Its a strange movie that had some potential but disappeared up its own arse about 2/3 of the way through.
5/10

MV5BMTc4NzE1NTU5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTgwNTg4NjE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Hard To Kill (1990) - This was Seagal's second movie, ever. I would not say it was his best but it was far from the worst of his collection. 7.5/10

MV5BZWQzYmM5OGYtMDJlOC00M2RlLThhYzgtNjZiOWYxNjlhMDJmL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc1NTYyMjg@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Witness-1985-MSS-9.jpg

Witness (1985) - It has always been one of my personal favorites. The capable movie stars were there with Harrison Ford, Kelly McGillis, Josef Sommer, Viggo Mortensen and Danny Glover. Loved the beginning sequence with the little amish boy inadvertently seeing a murder. If not for more character screen time for McFee (Glover) I would have raised the grade to a 10 instead, he was more interesting than Schaeffer (Sommer). 9.5/10

Thriller movie about terrorist hijacking.

Good acting. Decent pacing. But unbelievably predictable. You know exactly what's going to happen and how within 20 minutes. Absolutely zero surprises. Zero rewatch value.

4/10

Dark Skies

The less you know the better. This movie was right up my alley as if it was made specifically for me. Loved it. 8.6/10

Last edited:
Marked For Death (1990) - Hatcher (Steven Seagal) is an accomplished DEA officer who with a formidable sidekick-Max (Keith David) reveal a drug trafficking ring in the neighborhood. The head of a Jamaican drug gang, Screwface (Basil Wallace), orders a hit on Hatcher's family and a street war ensues. Screwface is a truly violent movie antagonist/villian. 7/10

Qcf0l86.jpg

marked-for-death.jpg

John carpenters the thing

I've heard this was a good movie but kinda lost interest and then fell asleep lol

The head of a Jamaican drug gang, Screwface (Basil Wallace), orders a hit on Hatcher's family and a street war ensues. Screwface is a truly violent movie antagonist/villian.
"Him have two head and four eye" is probably the only pun clue that didn't make my eyes roll back into my soul. I guess it was the accent.

John carpenters the thing

I've heard this was a good movie but kinda lost interest and then fell asleep lol

Dude! That was the last movie I watched too! I had never seen it before and it showed up free on my cable provider on demand or something. It's hard to rate it b/c the special effects are clearly very dated. It didn't freak me out or scare me or anything. By today's standards a solid 7/10.

Dude! That was the last movie I watched too! I had never seen it before and it showed up free on my cable provider on demand or something. It's hard to rate it b/c the special effects are clearly very dated. It didn't freak me out or scare me or anything. By today's standards a solid 7/10.
Lol I was dicking around on my phone for a lot of the movie so I missed some parts

Halloween (2018). This film started out alright. But then when michael myers went on a rampage, everything went south. People competing in making the most stupidiest decision, one sillier than the other, and mindless killing. Music was good.

3/10.

Casablanca (1942)

CasablancaPoster-Gold.jpg

Maybe I'm just not getting it, but I just didn't enjoy this film. It did have a couple meaningful moments, but it wa mostly uninteresting, and Humphrey Bogart's character was downright annoying.

4/10 - "D"

Premium rush was quite good, standard entertaining thriller starting Joseph Gordon Levitt who's an underrated actor

Above The Law (1988) - Steven Seagal made his Hollywood debut with this intense action-packed entry. Nico Toscani (Seagal) was a disciplined martial artist in Japan. Later in life as a CIA special agent in the Vietnam war he's exposed to an opium profiteering business and he regretfully returns home to become a police officer. A rogue CIA special agent-Zagon (Henry Silva) traces Nico to Chicago. 9/10

xTkzYup.jpg

Has anyone watched tom hanks new movie greyhound yet? I am curious if its any good. It was released on apple tv recently

Has anyone watched tom hanks new movie greyhound yet? I am curious if its any good. It was released on apple tv recently
not yet, only watched the trailer. Should be good and i honestly cant remember a bad Tom Hanks movie, i just have an issue in that line in "what should we do ?" "We´ll bring hell from down high." .. i dont know why, maybe his body language doesnt suit the statement or something, it just feel off ...

Back