Movies Rate and Discuss the Last Movie You Saw v.16

Jungle Cruise on Disney+
6/10

Of course The Rock gets to kiss the hot actress. Not a movie I'd like to rewatch again and again.

army1.jpg

ARMY OF THE DEAD - Starring Dave Batista, Amari Hardwick, and other people I don't care about.

Rating - 3. This movie was bad. It had so many plot holes and overly convenient plot devices. I like zombie / apocalypse style movies and this was boring and had every plot twist telegraphed well in advance. I watched it two nights ago, finally deciding to give it a go. What a waste of time.

Watched half of the newer Suicide Squad and Sylvester is fantastic in the role of King Shark.

Cruella on Disney+ 7/10

Was surprised I didn't feel it sucked. Without having seen 101 Dalmations, etc. I only knew she was villain and had no idea how they'd make a movie about a villain. Emma's face is very good looking.

I now feel like watching 101 old cartoon movie or Maleficent live action.

The Last Duel

FATTzOQVUAcP2Ji-1.jpeg

I heard this movie bombed but had high critics rating so I decided to check it out anyway because I do like the cast. IMO this is a great movie, the acting was superb all around, especially Jodie Comer. It is on the lengthy side at 150min, but I think overall it didn't drag. Don't really know why this movie flopped.

8/10

The Last Duel

FATTzOQVUAcP2Ji-1.jpeg

I heard this movie bombed but had high critics rating so I decided to check it out anyway because I do like the cast. IMO this is a great movie, the acting was superb all around, especially Jodie Comer. It is on the lengthy side at 150min, but I think overall it didn't drag. Don't really know why this movie flopped.

8/10
Cuz of millennials and their smart phones

Cop and a Half (1993) - I'm your worst night mare. An eight year old with a badge. 5.5/10

Cop_and_a_Half_%281993_film%29_poster.jpg

New Jack City (1991):
Raw/Gritty ✓
Originality ✓
Feared Antagonist/Villain ✓
Crime ✓

A gritty crime drama with undercover city cops investigating a drug dealing ring. The leader of the gang and narcotics activity is ruthless Nino Brown.
New_jack_city.jpg

Last edited:
I give this cliche predictable turd about a 4/10 and that's only b/c I like Charlie Murphy (no....not THAT Charlie Murphy).

I could give you a 2 line premise of the movie and I bet you could tell me exactly how the movie is going to go. It honestly seemed like someone took the most cliche parts of every single movie and put it into one movie. Then threw a Viking style genre around it b/c, hey....Vikings sell nowadays right? I mean...the more I think about it, the worse it gets. Ya, it had some cool action scenes and some cool Viking stuff but overall....just stupid.

91Akf1+JnjL._SS500_.jpg

Watched a good few movies over the holiday period, with very mixed and mainly shit results. Can't remember all of them I sat through, though.

Wild Indian (2021)
Low-key, slow-burning drama following the lives of two Native American lads following a childhood killing. Both take very different directions in life, one is an absolute cunt. It's too low-key. Nothing really happens, but it's not bad.
5/10

Copshop (2021)

I actually didn't mind this. Gerard Butler plays a hitman who deliberately gets arrested to be in the same room as the bloke he's been hired to kill. It's mainly set in one jail room, basically, but it's not a bad action flick for the most part.
6/10

Venom 2 (2021)
Wasn't sure about watching this because I hated the first one. Oh my fucking word. This might be one of the worst films I have ever seen. Why has Tom Hardy put his name to this franchise? I don't know if it's supposed to funny or not, but either way it fails miserably. Fucking AWFUL.
0/10

Lamb (2021)
Very fucking odd Icelandic movie! A couple raise a lamb like a baby and it turns into a sort of lamb/kid hybrid, it's fucking odd! Even weirder ending, wasn't sure what the symbolism was supposed to mean, but it was an alright film.
6/10

Don't Look Up. I guess it had to be a comedy, when everyone has 6 months to live and realize their material worlds have no meaning.

Man of Tai Chi
5/10

Apparently Keanu directed this and had his Matrix kung fu choreographer.

Weird to see a movie where Keanu is just supporting actor. The hero's GF was very good looking, but don't think she did nudes.

I give it a good 7.5 or so....maybe an 8. I liked it. I thought it was longer than it needed to be. But I love QT movies in general and love the tension in the dialogue and some of the outrageousness of things.

519850.entity.jpg

Quick reviews

Dark city - was surprisingly good I enjoyed the atmosphere. Cool plot and setting the mash up of scifi and noir was unique and worked well.
Final score 8.25/10

Incendies - decent movie with a great ending but its a drag to get there. Incredibly slow paced but still an interesting watch.
Final score 6.5/10

Magnolia - felt very long and I enjoyed most of it but I didn't feel like the stories connected in a way that satisfied me at the end. Tom cruise was the best part
Final score 6.5/10

Extraction - fun action movie. Nothing groundbreaking but Hemsworth does a good job and the action and plot are fun and well done.
Final score 7.5/10

Place beyond the pines - great cast and a pretty gripping movie. Wasnt expecting the major change in the plot halfway through but I enjoyed how the chain reaction of events plays out. Although some things were a little too conveniently connected.
Final score 8/10

Don’t Look Up-6/10. Well acted, heavy satire, got boring, low on laughs, big on reality that was supposed to be satire.

Alien Code-7/10-Low Budget thinking mans Scifi. Low on action, different and enjoyable.

Red Notice-5/10. Predictable popcorn crap. The Rock is abysmal. Ryan Reynolds is typical wise cracking guy.

Scream 2022 6/10 , Went in with a bit of hype with the high early reviews. The movie was solid 7 teetering on 8 at times but a weak predictable ending dropped it to a 6. Some nice gore and some wink at the audience moments and dialogue.

Props to them not spoiling the main plot point in the trailers as the trailer was very basic and showed little. Major gripe though outside of the ending was the new main lead, her line delivery was rough.

The Pledge (2001):
Mystery ✓
Beautiful Setting ✓
Originality ✓
Quality Acting ✓

A murder mystery starring Jack Nicholson, Aaron Eckhart, Sam Shepard, and Robin Wright Penn. The death investigation of a young girl leads a retiring police detective to find out the truth.

The_Pledge_2001_film_poster.jpg

Last edited:
Back