Rashad will destroy Nogueira

Nog still has a chance in round 2 as that is the round Rashad gets rocked.

That's a really 'out there' prediction TS. What's next? You going to tell us Jones is gonna beat Sonnen?

rashad should be able to put nog on his back whenever he wants, so nog is going to have to land something lucky to win this one.

That's a really 'out there' prediction TS. What's next? You going to tell us Jones is gonna beat Sonnen?

Is that even comparable in any way? Sonnen will probably give Jones a tough fight. He is in his prime, dominated quality middleweights, and almost beat Anderson Silva. Nogueira has not looked good in most of his UFC fights. so nice try bro. Not everyone thinks Sonnen vs Jones is as big as a mismatch as Nog vs Rashad...Correct me if I'm wrong but Sonnen will be the best wrestler Jones has ever faced.... you mad?

Yeah pretty much this.

I also wouldn't say destroy because Lil Nog is tough, it's probably gonna be a dec. win for Shad.

Is that even comparable in any way? Sonnen will probably give Jones a tough fight. He is in his prime and almost beat Anderson Silva. Nogueira has not looked good in most of his UFC fights. so nice try bro. You mad?

No. Are you? And I beg to differ. They both have the appearance of mismatches as far as the bookies are concerned. But Jones is the bigger favorite.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/11/4/3600246/ufc-156-rashad-evans-vs-antonio-rogerio-nogueira-odds

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...s-chael-sonnen-jones-opens-as-6-to-1-favorite

I will say that I agree that Sonnen stands a better chance than lil Nog.

No. Are you? And I beg to differ. They both have the appearance of mismatches as far as the bookies are concerned. But Jones is the bigger favorite.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/11/4/3600246/ufc-156-rashad-evans-vs-antonio-rogerio-nogueira-odds

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...s-chael-sonnen-jones-opens-as-6-to-1-favorite

I will say that I agree that Sonnen stands a better chance than lil Nog.

I dont have a comeback, I was hoping you were mad. Lol

respect your opinion. I just think Sonnen could beat Jones...... but yes, Jones will probably submit or TKO Sonnen in the early rounds

agree, Rashad is such an underrated fighter imo, only two loses coming from arguably the two best LHWs of the last decade.
No fan of him though, there's just something abut him that seems to rub me the wrong way.
Would be interesting to see if he could make the cut down to MW. I see him giving Anderson a tougher fight than most MW contenders, he's got good wrestling, decent reach, good jab and movement. Plus Anderson won't have the size advantages he has in most of his fights.

I fully agree. I don't give Nog much more than a 1/5 chance to pull something off here. Likely he'll be dominated.

I think Rashad will get a TD in each round and the standup will mostly be even. I expect Rashad to try to maintain some top control and do a little GnP as well.
It won't be real domination, but probably a clear victory for Rashad.

But it's a fight and Nog is a dangerous fighter, so you never know! I think it's still worth watching, just to see what they do. 2 very high level LHW.

Rashad by UD but he won't "destroy" Lil Nog.

I think little Nog has looked extremely slow so far in the UFC. He was wrestled to a decision by Davis so I see Rashad doing the same but would love to be wrong

Hopefully once Rashad takes Nog down he'll take some chances and try to be offensive. Nog's fights with Davis and Bader were boring. Davis and Bader were both waaaaay too conservative once they took Nog down. I know they were worried about Nog's guard, but they hardly did anything once they got him down. Makes me miss yellow cards. I see the fight with Rashad going the same way, but hopefully Rashad does some offense on the ground and we can see some wrestling gnp vs a good bjj guard.

how has Rashad handled southpaws?

maybe Machida being close with Nog could help as well.

Yeah, weird match-up. Maybe they're trying to hype up Rashad with a dominant win over a relatively big name for a possible mw fight with Silva.

I have the same thoughts. After Rashad beats Nogueira, maybe they will try to build up a Rashad vs. Silva superfight, where Silva tries to avenge Noguueira's honour or something. However, Rashad recentlystated last month that he will likely stay at LHW for the next year or so since the weight cut to 185 would be so tough, and with a few more wins he sees himself back in the mix for the title just like Machida is now.

Nog's boxing has looked anything but impressive in his UFC run. I think Rashad wins this fight everywhere.

Back