Rashad was absolutely right about Jon

Jones still looks solid as f*** physically. These guys can't really compete with him, both skill wise and physicality. He'll ether get beat when he's 'old' or it will be a lucky punch. No one is going to physically dominate him.

I found the interview with Ariel interesting. He has this strange demeanor and was constantly shifting back and forth between a happy face and scowling at Ariel. It made me wonder if mentally he might be going through something. It just didn't feel normal.

When was Jon Jones ever mentally normal? Lol

Jon is probably past his prime, but his age has nothing to do with it. Yoel and DC are still at or near their peak and they're in their 40s with about the same MMA wear and tear that Jon has. He's past his peak because he's not allowed to blast drugs anymore. He can still microdose, USADA let's him still get away with that, but he can't blast. That's why he's looked a little off. Fortunately for him, he's still good enough to beat anyone at LHW not named Daniel Cormier by microdosing.

Jon has learned from Mayweather. The parallels are uncanny. Jon does just enough to win at this point. He knew Reyes wasn't going to be able to keep up with him in the 4th and 5th. He probably should've been a little more aggressive in the 3rd though. Jon is on the "just enough" approach to things. He gets punched for sure, but he also is able to avoid big shots just in time or by the skin of his teeth, just like Floyd used to do.

BLUF: I wouldn't expect to see old Jones. Get used to seeing this calculated and measured Jon Jones unless he sees a huge opening in his opponent's game plan, like the ability to get off a hard head kick in or securing a take down and finishing the fight quickly.

We can debate all day about Jon being natural or taking something blah blah blah...but what is not up for debate, at least imo, is that Jon has an extremely high fight IQ and has since almost day one...just like Floyd.

For those that didn't watch Rashad's recent discussion with Rogan, I'll try to paraphrase what I thought was an extremely accurate point he made about Jon's past two performances.

Essentially he said that the biggest difference between 32 yo Jon and 25 yo Jon is how his mentality has changed from one that was offensive to one that's currently defensive. Back then, Jon didn't give af. Still way behind GSP and Silva in the goat conversation, he wasn't afraid of losing, and subsequently felt free to fully utilize his amazing skill set. Utter domination was the result. In the past eleven months, what we've seen is a guy who has realized his octagon mortality, and facing two power punchers, has been much more weary. Ironically, with the exception of Gus 1, this newfound weariness has brought Jon closer to defeat than he has ever been. On the contrary, we saw versions of Santos and Reyes whose mindsets were more akin to that of a younger Jon than current Jon's was. Both were hungry, had nothing to lose, weren't expected to win, and didn't give af as a result. This, combined with their power punching styles, allowed them to take advantage of Jon's weariness nearly to the point of unseating him.

I don't think Jon is any less skilled than he once was. When Jon realized he needed big 4th and 5th roundss on Saturday to retain his belt, the weariness served him zero purpose, and he was therefore able to come into his own and edge Reyes. We also saw enough defensive brilliance early on to make me think that unseating him will still remain one of, if not the most, formidable tasks in the UFC. We also saw him not be weary in recent times, with those instances being his fights with Smith and Gus. In them, Jon was as dominant as he has ever been.

You don't see a fighter really fall off the cliff in the span of months. I think he can continue his reign for a long time if he can recapture his former mindset. Otherwise, I think he'll be unseated sooner rather than later, and a move to HW could yield disastrous results.
Rashad sounded like a borderline braindead hippy in that episode. Said a bunch of dumb shit.
I also love how Rogan and company always shill out so hard for Jon, pretending as though he wasn't a roided up monster most of his career.
Nope, just snorted some bad coke that was laced with tainted creatine. Fuck, the mental gymnastics you have to do .

Wasn't there for trtvitor or machida or anyone else either

Machida??? You mean his DHEA??? Come on man. You're right about Vitor, Chael etc. Speaking of Vitor. Look how awful he is without PEDs

So he's not allowed to pulse anymore?

That's been the general conscensus though, through out the past couple of years.
What does being allowed to pulse afford him?

Machida??? You mean his DHEA??? Come on man. You're right about Vitor, Chael etc. Speaking of Vitor. Look how awful he is without PEDs
All those guys were juiced to the gills back then and lost to jones. Full juice machida beats Santos and reyes

I don't agree with this, you still can't let Jones breathe for even a couple of seconds. If you do that he jumps right back at you with pressure and kicks and jabs. You must pressure him constantly to score points, Jones is not good when he is being pressured.
Agreed. The only problem is a lot of guys dont have the cardio to keep that pressure up. We saw it from Reyes and a litte from Thiago and even Gus 1.

When he was 25 USADA wasn't there. Now he's only allowed picograms and not kilograms of PEDs.

I think this is the more likely reason, when he fought DC the last time and popped for PEDs he looked great, when he fought Gus and tested positive for PEDs and they moved the event to another state that would allow him to fight he looked great. He hasn't since.

I'd say it's this and many other factors including PEDS.

Jon Jones was taking people down at will with no issues what so ever. Are you telling me Santos, Smith, Reyes and the rest of these goobers are hard core anti wrestlers now?

People pls

Some good points but overall affected by private symphaty to Jones. Not mentioning PEDs as meningfull factor in Jones carrier proofs that.

This this and more this. I'm so glad another sherdogger agrees with me. You gotta get in his face and not let him think. If he starts to get comfy you're in for a long night. His IQ is too good when hes going forward. DC was doin it right but alas.... same as reyes and thiago.

Agreed. The only problem is a lot of guys dont have the cardio to keep that pressure up. We saw it from Reyes and a litte from Thiago and even Gus 1.

absolutely. Nobody has cardio and chin like Jones.

Juice really helps with being aggresive not to mention makes you much physically stronger. It makes a big difference.

Jones is definitely a naturally great fighter but back then he had a boost from PEDs that helped him getting into the next level and now he only has his natural ability and skill-set at his disposal.
Silva and GSP also been on roids and you treat them like kings lol. Especially Andy Who got cought couple times.

Back