Rashad should cut down to middleweight.

He's been so successful at LHW and only lost twice to the top P4P fighters in the world. I don't see him dropping down to MW anytime, unless he's given an immediate title shot

I think he should do it for one fight and thats Silva. After that , go back up

Yes, Rashad could probably cut, he isn't a big LHW, and he probably would be extremely successful there. But he's already a very successful LHW, in a division where the champ is supremely dominant but will move up in weight in the foreseeable future. So as far as competing and doing well, Rashad has that in the bag. As for being the champion, that may still be in his future as well.

I'd be all for Rashad and Silva at LHW too, but I don't think Silva would be remotely interested.

No, not yet.

WhichOneIsJDS_zps0c9e4acf.jpg

Seriously, knock that shit off, it isn't funny. That's about the fifth thread you've posted it in and it's completely irrelevant.

Well if you look at Frankie Edgar. I seriously think he's at the #2 spot at LW if not #1 which I thought he won both fights twice. I mean people forget he dropped Benson and almost choked him out against the fence.

For people to do what Frankie Edgar has done would be crazy. It would be like Thiago Alves or Dan Hardy fighting at 205, or Jose Aldo fighting at 170lbs. It's crazy if you think about it.

Rashad should do whatever he and his camp feels right. Whatever his body at his age feels like what it can do.

IMO, Edgar and Ben are 1-1 right now, with Edgar winning the second fight.
Also, I believe FW is much less developed than MW or LW.

This is completely false. Not only did we already see he had nothing for Jones. People tend to forget Rashad's best quality. It's his wrestling pedigree. Which almost every can agree is Anderson's one ***** in his armor...

outside of *****s.

I never forgot that. I still think thats the reason Evans lost his title. He forgot his base and got KTFO.

Anyways, I just don't see Evans beating Silva and I think if he waits, Jones will move up.

rashad is too old to move to mw for first time in his career. He's never fought any lighter than lhw. He will gas terribly and lose power. Anderson would molest him pretty bad.

He should get a rematch with Machida and a fight with Hendo at 205 and then move down to 185 if he can make the cut. I think he would be a top contender at 185 if he moved down.

5'11" is on the short side for LHW and it would be awesome to see some new match-ups with him at 185.

I kind of wish for a 195 pound division, which will probably happen some time in the future.

Ive always thought Rashad should fight at MW, if Belcher can make 185 with legs that big so could Rashad. It wouldnt be a huge cut for him

Back