Rashad: jon jones is so good because...

Jones is going to be the most dominant LHW champion of all time because of a variety of reasons.

Jones knows his strengths and just as importantly his weaknesses. He lacks knockout power, does not react well to pressure being put on him and his long limbs make him vulnerable to JJ on the ground. So he uses his massive reach to fight on the outside, wears fighters down with leg kicks and pressure and then takes them to the ground and carefully dissects them. That's how I see him anyways.

Jones has a champions mind and mentality and I think he means jones is creative in the ring more so then just fearless.

Rashad talked about Jones study/training ledger, the training book jones use to go over every day after practice, the book Rashad kind of ridiculed. Its one thing to be skilled and have no equal and its another to put in the work and actually write notes after each training session and go over it.

From the gate jones had the mentality for it.

I think JBJ embodies Hakim Jabbar more than Bruce. That damn unfair reach :)

You mean Ali,

Ali had a 80 inch reach similar to jones, he embodies Ali more so then bruce lee

That reach, yeah, many great AA legends had that reach.

Shalom

You mean Ali,

Ali had a 80 inch reach similar to jones, he embodies Ali more so then bruce lee

That reach, yeah, many legends had that reach.

How come he wasn't made to move up to superheavy weight and fight guys his own size?

Jones has a champions mind and mentality and I think he means jones is creative in the ring more so then just fearless.

Rashad talked about Jones study/training ledger, the training book jones use to go over every day after practice, the book Rashad kind of ridiculed. Its one thing to be skilled and have no equal and its another to put in the work and actually write notes after each training session and go over it.

From the gate jones had the mentality for it.

^^^ MMA Writer Fan Food.... wish I got the 'stipend' for saying stuff {I mean fluff} like this....

KarateStylist

I don't think "fearless" is the right word here
but he has a cool head and takes all the opportunities that are given to him
if you give him a chance to use a move that Jones barely ever uses, he'll take it without thinking twice

it's all because of a lack of doubts in his mind about what he can do
let's see if in the future he ends up fighting someone that really makes him doubt in his own ability to win

^^^ MMA Writer Fan Food.... wish I got the 'stipend' for saying stuff {I mean fluff} like this....

KarateStylist

ROFL

As much as it may be fluff it does hold true. It is usually the studious student who understands the true object of the game.

The object of education is to prepare, I respect the student who actually takes notes and studies them after each practice, It shows conviction and a winning mentality.

More fluff but again it is something we all understand.

You doing anymore karate articles, I enjoy the ones you post.

He possesses a confidence comparable to a man in a tank playing chicken with a baby in a pram

ROFL

As much as it may be fluff it does hold true. It is usually the studious student who understands the true object of the game.

The object of education is to prepare, I respect the student who actually takes notes and studies them after each practice, It shows conviction and a winning mentality.

More fluff but again it is something we all understand.

You doing anymore karate articles, I enjoy the ones you post.

^^^ Well I just got 'yelled at' for presenting a diet of too many "carrots" = "^^^" :p

^^^ Yes, I will continue to post. I'm continually amazed @ how well TSF covers so many topics so fast and in such depth.... I enjoy stepping in here & there with my "4" cents... ha ha...

^^^ On the note taking, Sinister--I think--would be proud.... Greg Jackson probably doesn't advocate that,,, hence has more members....

KarateStylist

He works as hard as he can.
I've always respected that about him.

That's hilarious because when he was training in Cortland he had sincere cardio issues and people who trained with him said he was lazy. It was the same way in high school, he had all the talent in the world and never had to work to succeed until he decided he wanted a state title. Thankfully, being a UFC champion means he has to put the work in.

He is confident that is for sure but far from fearless

10.gif

Not saying that isn't Jones fighting "smart" of course it is, but if he had no fear he would stand and bang there.

No he wouldn't. Being fearless doesn't equal being stupid. There was no advantage to him standing in banging for no good reason.

This posses me off to no end. I realize this guy is probably a troll so I won't direct my statement to him.

Natural weight class is the weight you can fucking make. Period.

Nobody fights at their natural weight. Last two I can think of are Edgar and Warren who were both beaten so bad they had to cut to the weight they should have fought at the whole time.

What? Edgar should have won his second fight with Benson, and the first was a fair, but close and competitive loss. At worst, Edgar is the second best lightweight on the planet, and he didn't cut weight. He didn't take a beating to drop weight.

Jones is so good because he's great at everything within the context of MMA, but his lack of fear and utter aggression is definitely a part of it. Rashad makes a great point.

90% of the fight game is half-mental

Indeed. Best example is round 2 against Vitor: Jon stands with him the whole time (until Vitor pulls guard that is). Jon likes to play with his food: he walks Vitor down, gets him against the cage without even pushing him there. Then Jon does the unthinkable, he holds his hands down. Even Big John can't believe it, to the point where he says "keep your hands high Jon".

But Jon is having none of it. He's taunting Vitor, inviting him to strike. But Vitor can't move forward anymore, his legs are done. Reminds me of Anderson Silva. Even on the wrong end of a 4 rounds beatdown, he never show fear or frustration. Even calls the crowd to root for him on round 5.

These guys are incredible. Simply incredible. You might not see it now but at 25, Jon Jones is the most dangerous man on the planet, bar none.

He is confident that is for sure but far from fearless

10.gif

Not saying that isn't Jones fighting "smart" of course it is, but if he had no fear he would stand and bang there.

u have it all wrong. he's fearless in the fact that he knows he has the skills to win every fight. if it's quickly run out of the way of a charging power punching opponent then so be it. he's not SCARED of what guys like u might think if he does need to run.

that is a very valid point

This guy never lose and the way is walks in the ring during a fight leads us to believe he is simply getting to a ice cream truck to get a cone.

Perhaps the arm bar Vitor gave him will change this a bit. And i surely hopes the wise guys at Jackson convinces him that his monkey walk at the start of a fight is completly stupid.

He will get kicked each and every time from now on

Jon Jones have a lot of psychopathic tendencies

NOT fighter bashing just an observation

Back