Rashad: jon jones is so good because...

It's a confluence of skill, size, coaching and understanding of range and ability. Jones is a smart fighter and he's surrounded by the right people who help him utilize those skills to the best of his ability.

Jon Jones is good for numerous reasons: that is simply just the emotional advantage he has over guys. His physical gifts and work ethic and is on another level as well.

He works as hard as he can.
I've always respected that about him.

The way he so casually flying knees Shogun in the opening seconds of their fight proves that statement

Jones isn't given nearly enough credit for his embodiment of Jeet Kun Do philosophy. Bruce Lee would definitely be proud.

He's fearless, he's got range, he's strong, he works hard, he's smart, he believes in himself, he has great coaching...someone can't get as amazing as Jones on the strength of one attribute. He has the physicality, he has the mentality, and he has the right environment. That is why he is the goat.

So what he's saying, is Jones gets people to skip to his lou?

He says jones is so good cuz he has little fear. I completely agree with this.
Jones idolizes Bruce lee a lot and this is one of the things lee believes in. Fighting fearless fighter is extremely dangerous for anyone.

http://www.mmanews.com/forums/gener...jones-so-good-because-he-has-little-fear.html
Recently, I watched Rashad comment to a panel about why Lyoto Machida was so problematic to compete against.... it was a great insight....

On JJ, Jones has all the qualities recounted by posters above.... the one that will make him hard to unseat is his mental confidence.... he's mature, he's a thinker, not a brawler like so many {Tito Ortiz--perfect example of a brawler}.

KarateStylist

Being fearless is what kept Guillard from being champion
Reckless seems to fit Melvin a little better. I've seen guys scared as fuck fight like killers but they're driven by emotion and get reckless. Jones is not.

He appears to be mentally tough which really does make it likely that he'll be great for a long time. His skills and athleticism go without saying.

He definetly fights like a young man who never had his ass kicked

Back