Rashad "i want another go at Jon Jones"

I've always thought Rashad is the number 2 guy. I think he could take Gus. Would love to see that fight.

I don't see him beating Gus though.

Why not? I dont see what Gus would posses that would give Rashad any problem besides a height and reach advantage which practically every last one of Rashad's opponents has had that advantage on him anyway.

Rashad is faster than Gus, he has the wrestling, his ground game and bjj is better than Gus, the ONLY thing Gus has on Rashad is striking.

come on rashad, you have no chance of beating Jones. It's been said a million times, but I'll say it again, Jones is simply too big for just about every light heavyweight outside of big guys like Gus.

I never thought a win over Chael gave you a title shot.

A win over Chael is almost unheard of unless you are holding a belt anyway. I think Rashad has a better shot that Chael's last 5 non-title holding opponents.

I applaud Rashad for having goals and focusing on his future.

I have long been a fan of Rashad but he had nothing for Jones in their fight. I had hoped he would push the pace and use his speed to at least pressure the Champ but instead he looked overly cautious and unable to contend with the length and strength of Jon Jones.

Now that Gus made Jones look beatable I think everyone suddenly feels more confident that they could steal a win from him. Rashad had that chance but just couldn't make anything happen.

rashad has looked horrible lately: didnt impress with wins over thiago silva, rampage, or henderson and lost to lil nog who isnt that legit against wrestlers and then got owned by jonnes

He really doesn't want to drop to middle weight, does he? I personally think there is no route back to the belt at LHW and if he wants some gold middle weight is his best bet. I don't know if it's pride or if he just wants to be a fatass but he should beat Chael and use that as his in to drop.

I don't think Rashad is going to get past Chael in my opinion, I think Chael is going to win via Decision.

Same, I don't think he gets past Sonnen. Remember Tito Ortiz nearly decisioning him? He kept pressure on Rashad and landed takedowns. I see Sonnen being a blue to do the same thing, because he's not going to bother messing with stand up.

he doesn't have the striking to hang with jones

Some of you seem to be underestimating Rashad. Easy to do if you do not have to fight him I suppose. Going 5 rounds with Jones is no easy task. While Jones may have had his hands full with Gus, he is still one of the greatest fighters the sport has seen. Going the distance with him means quite a bit.

Some of you seem to be underestimating Rashad. Easy to do if you do not have to fight him I suppose. Going 5 rounds with Jones is no easy task. While Jones may have had his hands full with Gus, he is still one of the greatest fighters the sport has seen. Going the distance with him means quite a bit.

It wasn't even a blowout.

Undeserved. Plus, a lackluster split decision win against old man Henderson does not put him back on track for anything. Rather, it further proves that he is in steep decline and can no longer be considered a top tier fighter. His run is over.

This, unfortunately.

566263332.gif

Shad came in confident. Changed very quickly after this gif. Hasn't really showed that kind of bravado since. If he can find that fire again then who knows.

Rashad needs to pick up another stoppage win, not a decision where everyone leaves with no bruises, before I can even say with a straight face that "Shad is in the mix".

I think Rashad could get a title shot, LHW division is lacking title contenders and if Gus wins over Jones next year maybe Rashad will get the first shot at the new champ Gus. I don't see Rashad beating Gus or Jones but outside of them I also don't see who from top 10 can beat Rashad. Maybe Mousasi if he stays at LHW but that is it.

Back