Rashad "i want another go at Jon Jones"

I doubt he gets the chance any time soon. I don't see them matching him up with Davis again or against Gus because of the possibility of him derailing either.

Maybe they'll set up Cormier/Shad if Shad beats Chael. That would be his best shot but a tall order.

I don't think Rashad is going to get past Chael in my opinion, I think Chael is going to win via Decision.

Rashad is abad matchup for Chael in my opinion. A guy with good wrestling and tdd and better striking/more power than Chael. Still Rashad will have trouble with Gus, and his size is always going to work against him vs guys like Jones/Gus.

All that said, I'd wouldn't mind seeing Shad try again if he can string together some decent wins, as long as he's more aggressive this time.

Rashad looked surprised as hell when he was given the decision against Hendo, losing two straight and then BARELY scraping by a 41yo man does not earn you a title shot.

I'd like to see Rashad avenge one of his other two losses first before I believe he has what it takes to avenge his loss against Jones.

You had your chance and you didn't do shit. No thanks.

I agree with the sherdog play-by-play that Henderson won the fight against Rashad. He needs to win another two or three fights before even starts talking about facing Jones again

Evans lost two in a row and won a split decision over Henderson.

I think he has some work to do before he can be considered for a title shot.

ahhh after his last two performances i really hope Rashad can just keep winning against other elite fighters and not fade away. Idno why he is favored against Sonnen right now tbh. Should be even odds.

he needs to win impressively after two lackluster fights (nog and hendo). even after he beats chael (if he does) then he needs one more match to justify getting a TS

After the first fight...I'd rather not

I think Rashad is capable of beating anyone at LHW. Wouldn't mind seeing it.

Rashad didn't even show up to fight vs Jones. He just tried to dance around and not get finished. I don't want to watch a cowardly fight like that ever again.

At least Chael tried to actually fight Jones.

He wasn't convincing at all in the first fight. I'm not getting hyped for an rematch before Rashad has stacked up some wins against the top of LHW divison.

I really think that size does play a role, and rashad is too small And not skilled enouhh to deal with the lanky Jones.

If I take one thing from that Jones vs Gus fight, is that Jones is really good at utilizing his natural size over smaller opponents, but he got a little lost when dealing with someone around his size.

That's not to say Jones isn't an amazing fighter, using your reach is a talent in itself that many lanky fighters can't do. I just think its pretty clear now that Jones does rely on his size advantage more than previously thought.

As I said, IMO rashad isn't good enough to deal with that reach.

Yeah that was a really exciting and evenly matched fight the first time /not.

Back