Rashad HOF

IMO he just barely makes the cut. Just barely.

Much more deserving than Bisping, Serra, Forest, or Bonnar that is for sure. Those guys have no business in HoF whatsoever.
Also add Maurice Smith, Sakuraba, Miletich and Faber

Bonnar is actually just in because his fight with forrest is in the fight wing

Also Griffin Ortiz Liddell are in and Rampage and Hendo will prbly get in so that is 5 hof'ers that Rashad beat.

You can make a very legit argument that all four of those guys were past their prime when Rashad beat them.
Tito was 1-4-1 leading up to that fight, the draw being the first fight against Rashad. He lost his next two as well and was then out of the UFC. Chuck was 1-2 leading up to that fight and would lose his next two as well before retiring. The Hendo fight was a split decision and Hendo would go 3-5 after that fight. Rampage beat Matt Hamill and then Machida after the Rashad fight, but then went on a three fight losing skid after that and was done in the UFC.

I mean, wins are wins, but looking at those wins in hindsight, they're not looking quite as good considering the timing as the names would indicate.

You can make a very legit argument that all four of those guys were past their prime when Rashad beat them.
Tito was 1-4-1 leading up to that fight, the draw being the first fight against Rashad. He lost his next two as well and was then out of the UFC. Chuck was 1-2 leading up to that fight and would lose his next two as well before retiring. The Hendo fight was a split decision and Hendo would go 3-5 after that fight. Rampage beat Matt Hamill and then Machida after the Rashad fight, but then went on a three fight losing skid after that and was done in the UFC.

I mean, wins are wins, but looking at those wins in hindsight, they're not looking quite as good considering the timing as the names would indicate.
Yeah.
But Rashad is more deserving then maurice smith, bas rutten, dan severn, pat miletich, sakuraba, serra, faber ect.

sure, maybe rashad didn't have the greatest career but according to the hof's standards he qualifies

p4p best 'shoppable face ever

IXVxdK0.png

Peak rashad was a fucking beast

Easily one of the best Lhws of all time. I know that sounds crazy to some but it's true.

His ko over chuck was also one of the most gruesome we have ever seen in mma.

he deserves it

truthfully there should be a mma hall of fame though. So many greats left ou

They don't. That's another super weird thing. BJ is rattling off seven straight losses and he's sitting in their HoF lol
Yeah he deserves it though. I guess Rashad does too.

I agree with most the guys in there. Mask and Stephan Bonnar are the two worst ones imo

Most undisputed champions should get in. Also Griffin Ortiz Liddell are in and Rampage and Hendo will prbly get in so that is 5 hof'ers that Rashad beat. Also if Jon Jones didn't exist then Rashad may of won more belts.

Guys like Donald Cerrone, and Dan Henderson deserve to get, no other non champs off the top of my head

Reem?
Maia?
Wand?

Last edited:
Yeah.
But Rashad is more deserving then maurice smith, bas rutten, dan severn, pat miletich, sakuraba, serra, faber ect.

sure, maybe rashad didn't have the greatest career but according to the hof's standards he qualifies

I'd put Serra, Faber, and Miletich in simply because their contributions go beyond their fighting careers. Those guys also put highly successful fighters in the UFC as coaches/gym owners. Serra with guys like Weidman and Raging Al, Faber with guys like Dillashaw, Garbrandt, Benavidez, etc. Miletich with guys like Hughes, Lawler, Pulver, Neer, Spencer Fisher, etc.

Once you start putting guys like Rashad Evans and Michael Bisping in the HOF, you're pretty much saying that anyone who wins a belt is HOF worthy. I think that's watering things down a bit too much IMO.
How so? I think winning the belt is the one thing that should be an auto secure spot. You are officially apart or history by doing that no matter how many or little times you defend. That being said the hall of fame is a joke anyway

He won the second tuf. That series was the foundation that built modern mma imo... most ppl got expose to ufc by tuf. He went on to win a belt. For a moment he was the best lhw in the world. In retrospec.. he wasnt actually anthing special but his jouney in mma and ufc was
He was there when the foundation was being built and i think he deserves it. He the black american bisping

How so? I think winning the belt is the one thing that should be an auto secure spot. You are officially apart or history by doing that no matter how many or little times you defend. That being said the hall of fame is a joke anyway

Not like every Super Bowl winning QB or NBA champion PG is a HOFer.

We all know some guys had an easier path than others to the belt. Forrest was honestly the weakest modern era LHW champ and Rashad beat him to win the belt then promptly got hilariously KTFO by Machida. Not trying to shit on Rashad, he was a really good fighter whose prime was right on the tail end of when LHW was an absolute shark tank. But I don't think he's a HOF caliber fighter. I honestly think Rashad cheated himself by not moving down to MW during his prime. I think he was pretty bad match up for Anderson and I always felt like his frame was best suited at MW. He always looked small at LHW.

short answer: UFC HOF has no transparent criteria and seems to be for whomever they like at a particular time, so yes, he deserves to be in UFC HOF

long answer: rashad is not an all time great. he never defended the belt. his best win was prime phil davis. aside from the rampage fight, he was not a draw (and that fight sucked, btw). he ended his career on a horrible losing streak. injury prone and pulled out of all the fights that would get him in the discussion.
therefore, no, rashad does not belong in the HOF. sorry but simply winning a belt is not HOF-worthy
He knocked Liddell out cold and I’d put Forrest griffin and Tito Ortiz a bit higher than Phil Davis.

Wow Come to think of it he beat all your so called LHW heros.

Not like every Super Bowl winning QB or NBA champion PG is a HOFer.

We all know some guys had an easier path than others to the belt. Forrest was honestly the weakest modern era LHW champ and Rashad beat him to win the belt then promptly got hilariously KTFO by Machida. Not trying to shit on Rashad, he was a really good fighter whose prime was right on the tail end of when LHW was an absolute shark tank. But I don't think he's a HOF caliber fighter. I honestly think Rashad cheated himself by not moving down to MW during his prime. I think he was pretty bad match up for Anderson and I always felt like his frame was best suited at MW. He always looked small at LHW.
Are you saying lightheavyweight was a shark tank prior to 2008 you’re delusional.

Light heavyweight was at its best with Jon Jones, Machida, Evans, Rampage, Shogun, Bader, Vera, Davis, Hamil

Tito Chuck Coture and shamrock were alright but would all get dusted by machida alone.

Frank Shamrock isn't in because most ufc brass fucking hate his guts.

There is already a list of Steroid guys in it, Coleman, Ken Shamrock list goes on and on So it seems like Jon Jones and Co will get in.

https://www.ufc.com/ufc-hall-fame

sakuraba and serra are not worthy but dana loves both of them.
The fact that Frank Shamrock isn't in and Matt Serra is in should tell you all you need to know about the UFC HOF. Serra was such an average fighter who happened to get lucky

Part of me is happy for him. The other part thinks this hall of fame should be somewhere other than Dana's garage.

Rashad reacting to HOF induction like it means jack shit anymore:

tumblr_ok7xzqfata1rs0w1ho1_500.gif

tumblr_p1ixppeXWg1r5zq6ao1_500.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_lwvz13eK291qzado8o3_250.gif
tenor.gif

4648b03100312030640c4f32f94d4933.gif

I mean Rashad will look exactly like Stanley in a couple of years.

Last edited:
Once you start putting guys like Rashad Evans and Michael Bisping in the HOF, you're pretty much saying that anyone who wins a belt is HOF worthy. I think that's watering things down a bit too much IMO.
I don't think it's just winning a belt so much as guys like bisping and rashad winning TUF and spending basically their whole career with the organization. so to your point, it definitely is not just a matter of dominance. Neither guy was dominant. But they both had very solid careers.

I never liked Rashad's style--all that wasted motion. He wasn't just feinting, he was feinting feints and then dancing and feinting. it was horrible, imo, from a fan's perspective.

Back