Rashad Evans wants rematches with Lyoto Machida and Jon Jones

Machida Rashad rematch is the perfect fight for both of them

I know I'm just a white belt on here but even I can't believe it took 9 pages before the original picture got posted....

2uzuf48.jpg

How about Shad actually fight Bones this time, with the exception of that head kick, he just stood there like deer in head lights. Held Bones hands, allowing Bones to drop those standing elbows.

The Dragon would frustrate him again, following Shaface 2.0

Machida would likely be the favorite in another fight against Evans...as he should be. I think Evans should fight Gustaf if he beats Lil Nog (*which makes absolutely zero sense in for first place). I'd like Machida to face either the winner of Rampage/Glover or Te Huna. Neither Machida or Evans deserve a rematch against someone like Jones...not for a while IMO at least. There are some newer prospects let them face them and see if they're better the newer breed. But really the only fighter out there that isn't a HW that could be a threat to Jones is the best fighter in the world but smaller....Anderson. That is the fight Zuffa should be pushing for, marketing, and setting up. Huge money maker PPV.

Evans is a good fighter, near elite, but he doesn't have the tools to beat the best of the division. His chin, game planning and cardio are obvious issues. I like Rashad a lot. He's grown on me over the years, I just don't think he can win these fights.

Nevertheless, shouldn't he be worried about Diet Nog first?

I'd like to see him against Glover.

Cool, Machida can give us ShadFace 2.0 we all dearly want.

And Jones can finish what he started in the second round against Shad going elbow crazy.

Could he really?

It's possible and it is likely he will do far better in a rematch. Rashad's gameplan the first fight was to out counter Machida, he would do way better if he fought with his normal style.

Wouldn't mind seeing Hashad against either fighter. He has the tools to beat anyone in the division, it's just a matter of him getting himself to run on all cylinders.

Lyoto would KTFO Rashad again, and I always felt it was screwed up seeing rankings where Rashad was ahead of Lyoto where I'm assuming the reasoning was Rashad decisioned Rampage who close decisioned Lyoto.

Probably has something to do with the fact the since that fight:

Machida is 3-3 getting finished twice,
His wins being Shogun (#4), Couture (unranked) & Bader (#9)
Losses to Shogun (#2), Rampage (#4) & Jon Jones (#1)

Rashad is 4-1 without being finished.
Wins being to Thiago Silva (#8), Rampage #3, Tito Ortiz & Phil Davis (#7)
Loss to Jon Jones (#1)

If you think Machida is above Rashad then you might as well think that Shogun could be above Machida. Rashad has looked better since May 2009 and he might not win but you can't put Machida above Rashad forever because of a fight almost 4 years ago.

He just gotta stop with his crotch grabbing and all that against machida and truly focus.

Machida riddle has been solved since their encounter.

Shad takes him down and smashes him JJ style in a rematch for the W. Shad should avenge that loss asap

JOnes however..

Probably has something to do with the fact the since that fight:

Machida is 3-3 getting finished twice,
His wins being Shogun (#4), Couture (unranked) & Bader (#9)
Losses to Shogun (#2), Rampage (#4) & Jon Jones (#1)

Rashad is 4-1 without being finished.
Wins being to Thiago Silva (#8), Rampage #3, Tito Ortiz & Phil Davis (#7)
Loss to Jon Jones (#1)

If you think Machida is above Rashad then you might as well think that Shogun could be above Machida. Rashad has looked better since May 2009 and he might not win but you can't put Machida above Rashad forever because of a fight almost 4 years ago.

Exactly

Jones will always be too good for Reshad.
i think Jones could have finish Reshad in the 1st fight but Jones look like he just want to go soft on Reshad for 5 rounds.

watch the fight again if you don't agree.
in Jones heart, he never want to finish Reshad since he still consider Reshad as a friend.
they were fighting for moneys, but Jones is always the better fighter than Reshad.

Well, he has a chance against machida...

Cool, Machida can give us ShadFace 2.0 we all dearly want.

And Jones can finish what he started in the second round against Shad going elbow crazy.

I want to see shad face 2.0 more than sex. I think we will in 2013.

Back