Rashad Evans wants rematches with Lyoto Machida and Jon Jones

I think Sugar couldve defeated Mr. Lyoto in the rematch a while back but now that he has publicly said that he needs to improve his wrestling due to the mauling given to him by Mr. Bones, Mr. Sugar will have trouble dealing with Mr. Lyoto 2.0 .

And I don't think Rashad lost to Lyoto because he had the wrong gameplan. I think he was nowhere near being able to take Lyoto down.

I completely understand why he wants to avenge his two losses but I am not sure they would go differently. In both fights he fought at the ideal range for his opponent. I don't know if he can get in on Machida, that guy is lightning fast, especially for a LHW. And he can't out wrestle Jones. I don't see these coming out differently for him. Things would get really exciting at MW if he was able to drop down. Outside of Silva, he dominates.

i knew this "machida kept rashad at a distance so he couldnt shoot" crap would come up

after rashad koed liddel he became like koscheck and barely shot for takedowns

it has nothing to do with machida at all, rashad stopped shooting as much as he used to

after the machida fight against thiago and rampage he started shooting again

I'd really like to see Evans/Machida II, don't see a need for Jones/Evans II.

Ok...it won't turn out well for him, but whatever, that's competition for ya.

He gets beaten by both, again.

Lyoto would KTFO Rashad again, and I always felt it was screwed up seeing rankings where Rashad was ahead of Lyoto where I'm assuming the reasoning was Rashad decisioned Rampage who close decisioned Lyoto.

Rashad will never beat Machida. Machida eats up wrestlers like him. Rashad would be lucky not to get finished again. And even if he succeed in taking him down (doubt it), he can't keep him down and will most likely gas en route to getting finished.... again.

Thread of Rashad vs Lyoto with 5 pages and
NO SHADFACE?

I'm all for a rematch with Machida. Jones, not so much.

I think Rashad and Machida are neck and neck as fighters, but I don't think Rashad can beat Machida. Rashad has gotten better since his fight with Machida, but I don't see it happening. It's a stylistic problem for Rashad.

He has basically been sitting on his can eating Doritos since April..

I would like to see Rashad fight Shogun.

i wouldn't mind seeing rashad rematch jones, i feel he did the best against him out of all the guys jones has faced and i think he would do even better 2nd time.

I don't see him beating either in a rematch.

Back