Rashad Evans wants rematches with Lyoto Machida and Jon Jones

A rematch with Jones however could go differently, pending on Rashad's gameplan.

By differently you mean with Rashad winning? If so, please enlighten us how he would be able to do it?

If Rashad and Machida win their next fights then they should meet again. Winner gets a rematch with Jones.

I agree 100 percent or if they both lose. Give jones Gus or tex depending what happens next.

Because Machida kept distance. Rashad doesn't have the chin to try and rush Machida to close the distance. Unless Machida fights the dumbest gameplan ever, he wins again.

soooooo Hendo should be a lock then, yes?

And he'll lose both, then he should just retire.

because wrestlers have incredible success against machida, right?

jonchokemac.gif

I don't know, I think Machida knocks him out again and Jones actually finishes the rematch.

He should just drop to MW and be done with it. No more pizza.

maybe Shad didnt try a single takedown in their first encouter because he never saw a real opening?

So next he'll shoot for a random double like an idiot only to be shadfaced by a counter knee.

:icon_chee

He didn't try a single takedown because he was mentally beaten... it's a form of self preservation when a fighter foregoes using their best talent--you see it all the time in sports. They'd rather have the built in excuse than to try their best and still lose.

Personally I think Rashad will have his hands full with l-nog.

I could see a rematch with Machida being a decent fight, not so with Jon Jones, couldn't believe how easily he beat him the first time.

I wish Rashad would just move to MW, that division sure could use him. Not to mention he would probably be top 3 instantly and would offer a fresh matchup for Anderson.

I agree, I was disappointed when he decided to stay at LHW. Would have precerred seeing some new matchups.

They'd both clown him again, anyone who says otherwise is a shad nuthugger or an idiot.

/thread. Next...

Agreed. People like to say "Rashad would fight Lyoto differently than he did the 1st time" but Machida's style is tailor made to fuck Rashad up.

The fight with Lyoto was a long time ago, Rashad is a much better fighter today then he was back then so I'd be interested in seeing a rematch.

He didn't get dominated/finished by Jones so it probably wouldn't be too hard for him to earn a rematch if Jones stay at 205.

Rashad is quick enough to get inside on Machida. He could win that rematch. I'd still favor Machida to catch him, but it won't be a replay of the first fight where Rashad was enamored with his own 'hand speed'.

Jones is Rashad bigger, longer, stronger and better. Only a puncher's chance there and Rashad has solid power, but not the kind that makes it at all likely.

For what it's worth, those are the three best LHWs in the game right now in my opinion.

I'm very interested in this fight if they both win their next fight.

I've been wanting to see a rematch for Evans with Machida since the first fight. Evans had the wrong gameplan and thought he could stand and KO Machida. I think he understands what makes him great now and wouldn't make that mistake again.

Machida would knock him out again and Jones would finish him this time.
Rashad's only move should be to Middleweight.

Back