Rashad Evans gets real about retiring - "I made peace with it, but I wish this ride never ends."

Rashad seems to have drastically fallen off right around the time USADA came in but no one ever makes that assumption like they do with Hendricks and others.
<puh-lease75>

Love Rashad just putting that out there since he seems to have escaped that accusation while others haven't

Rashad was always terrible and has no legacy
@sniper

He beat up TUF brawler Forrest Griffin and KO'd Chuck The CTEMan Liddell. That's literally all he's ever done

HTTPS9kLmdyLWFzc2V0cy5jb20vaG9zdGVkaW1hZ2VzLzE0NTE2MjA4OTlyYS8xNzU2NzY0OS5naWYlog.gif

remember how bad rashad vs rampage was after months of hype? the only strike rampage landed was when Rashad shot on him and headbutted his knee

I enjoy Rashad though because he beat the piss out of Tito and Chael, so thank you Rashad

Rashad seems to have drastically fallen off right around the time USADA came in but no one ever makes that assumption like they do with Hendricks and others.
<puh-lease75>

Love Rashad just putting that out there since he seems to have escaped that accusation while others haven't
probably because he's been dealing with injuries his whole career & they just chalk up the drastic decline to those injuries catching up to him

<puh-lease75>

He was looking bad waaaayyyy before USADA and had an insanely long injury layoff. He's also a vet, so he has mileage.

Reshard is alright, I like him, sometimes he's dumb, I was rooting for Rampage against him and hated his performance in the fight, but he did what he had to do..

All his fights after 2013 are cherry picked, favored fights, but he was never the same after Jones.

That was tough to watch, what an honest decent man facing up to his morality. Fair play to being so open about his struggle. Great to see him from the start to the end.

I get what he's saying here.

Shad is well past his prime and needs to hang em up, but that competitive drive inside of him will never die.

The fighting spirit remains FAR after the body can no longer obey it.

But Rashad will always be a legend of the sport. Homie one-punch slept Chuck.

He's a really likeable character, and was a beast of a fighter back in the day.

He should've retired once he stopped utilizing his wrestling.

I get what he's saying here.

Shad is well past his prime and needs to hang em up, but that competitive drive inside of him will never die.

The fighting spirit remains FAR after the body can no longer obey it.

But Rashad will always be a legend of the sport. Homie one-punch slept Chuck.

He's a really likeable character, and was a beast of a fighter back in the day.

I don't believe that he still has competitive drive. Perhaps he feels like it in training, but in fights he shows no hunger whatsoever. Every time I've seen him fight lately he still looks reasonably quick and powerful, and when he does throw something it looks pretty good, it's just that he barely throws. Gun-shyness to the extreme, super passive. I think the narrative that his heart is still in it but his body is failing is objectively false looking at his fights, but hey, I'm not him so I can't tell for sure. It seems to me however that the issue is mostly mental.

He had good wins: Forrest, Rampage, Chuck and Chael. He was an explosive guy and very well rounded. Like Koscheck, he racked up a heap of wins by wrestling before realiaing he had dynamite in his hands. Then he went on a good tear to the belt KOing legit contenders.

Even after losing to Machida, he clawed his way to the top and fought his nemisis Jones, and he showed a lot of heart in that fight. He backed it up by KOing Chael.

After that, he got injured, and worse, extremely gun shy. He couldn't win a fight because he wouldn't do anything. This is the embarrassing Shad many are used to. He's gone whole fights coasting to a loss against ridiculously easy comp. He should have hung them up 3 years ago, and these losses are gonna be what people remember.

remember how bad rashad vs rampage was after months of hype? the only strike rampage landed was when Rashad shot on him and headbutted his knee

I don't blame Rashad for playing it safe, although he did rock Page with that overhand right and put together this beauty:

hB7GwXu.gif

Rashad seems like a good dude overall and had a really solid career. Winning TUF, the Title, memorable KO's (vs Chuck, Salmon, and Machida :D). He was a good representative of the sport.

the hype for that fight was great. same with the jones fight. both ended up very lackluster.
before the machida KO rashad was considered one of the most well-rounded fighters. after that he seemed to get very tentative and relied a lot on his wrestling and that annoying pawing jab of his.
he was a great coach on TUF though. seemed to have matured a lot. wish him the best, but at least he knows it's time to walk away

wins over
-Chuck
-Phil Davis
-Stephan Bonnar
-Bisping
-Forrest
-Thiago Silva
-Rampage
-Tito
-Hendo
-Chael

legendary resume