News Rashad Evans coming out of retirement: targeting Logan Paul or Roy Jones Jr.

Holyfield or Tyson would make sense. Jones looked terrible against Tyson and just wanted to survive. The Paul brothers don't want to fight any big guys. Sounds like Rashad wants the low hanging fruit.

Vince McMahon is probably gonna bring back the Brawl For All PPV and fill it with washed up MMA fighters who'll take a dive facing Roman Reigns because their desperate for that last payday...

<mma4><5><BC1><{Joewithit}>

<HisEye><{hughesimpress}><mma2>

<21>

Blame it on the people buying these shit shows. Can't say I blame him. Easy, quick, plentiful money. Just ask Ben.

after his fight with onelegged dan kelly, i assume he loses to anyone that can put gloves on by themselves

Coming out of retirement to get slapped for a payday will become common. Also top guys refusing to take fights. It's not worth it to not pay your guys. All short-term. Class-action suits. Run the business to the ground.

Rashad's whole game was mainly based on athleticism. He's gonna get hurt badly

Vince McMahon is probably gonna bring back the Brawl For All PPV and fill it with washed up MMA fighters who'll take a dive facing Roman Reigns because their desperate for that last payday...

<mma4><5><BC1><{Joewithit}>

<HisEye><{hughesimpress}><mma2>

<21>

I lol everytime I think of Bradshaw and Steve Williams being considered by the WWE roster as high level fighters. Striking stiffer than a board.

Dana should've taken better care of his guys, the UFC is going to look really bad in 6-12 months. I mean this shit could get extremely out of hand as more fighters are exposed to this circus.

Maybe Woodley can save face, but this is what you get when you grossly underpay your talent. Your "Legends" become laughing stocks because they either never got any decent support from the company to help manage their money, or they never had a real opportunity to really retire from the start.

This is NOT a good look, Rashad was a great fighter and solid analyst, no way in hell he should have to do circus fights to MAYBE have a comfortable retirement.

Like Anderson should be an instant Hall of famer who gets front row tickets to every UFC event, he shouldn't be boxing man. The UFC could open a Hall of fame grappling league, anyone who still wants to fight can do it there and the UFC could still make solid money doing PPV's for the events. Your a billion dollar company THINK OF SOMETHING!
Meh, they could pay them millions like boxers and they would still come back. Why is Roy Jones in these freakshows too? Why is Oscar Delahoya? Why was 50 year old Antonio Tarver scheduled to fight Frank Mur until they didn't let him for medical reasons? Why was Ray Mercer fighting anybody in MMA and kickboxing. Why did Toney agreed to be humilliated? Why did Paulie got into a barekuckle freakshow fight? They all won millions in boxing

Just because you give them millions, doesn't mean they will stay rich. Look at what they do when they get paid? Buy expensive cars, expensive houses, etc... They are idiots living in the moment. Chuck Liddell is the best example, UFC did what they could with him for a while.

You want UFC to waste money on a boring grappling league with old timers? What's the difference with this? Exhibition boxing matches that always end in a draw. Nobody fights for anything. Nobody tries to hurt each other. Let him box Bernard Hopkins. He will lose a decision like Mur did, who cares...

Long term effects of UFightCheap surfacing

Meh, they could pay them millions like boxers and they would still come back. Why is Roy Jones in these freakshows too? Why is Oscar Delahoya? Why was 50 year old Antonio Tarver scheduled to fight Frank Mur until they didn't let him for medical reasons? Why was Ray Mercer fighting anybody in MMA and kickboxing. Why did Toney agreed to be humilliated? Why did Paulie got into a barekuckle freakshow fight? They all won millions in boxing

Just because you give them millions, doesn't mean they will stay rich. Look at what they do when they get paid? Buy expensive cars, expensive houses, etc... They are idiots living in the moment. Chuck Liddell is the best example, UFC did what they could with him for a while.

You want UFC to waste money on a boring grappling league with old timers? What's the difference with this? Exhibition boxing matches that always end in a draw. Nobody fights for anything. Nobody tries to hurt each other. Let him box Bernard Hopkins. He will lose a decision like Mur did, who cares...
Exactly, Dana could raise fighter pay to 80% and fighters would still take these freakshows, fucking Tyson and Mayweather are still doing this type of shit despite being loaded and officialy retired for years (at least in Floyds case)

From the main site this read "Rashad Evans coming out of..." and I wasn't sure where this was going. Then I read "retirement" and felt really sad.

Almost no one fell off harder than Rashad. Sadly he's looked a shell of himself in his last fights. I hope he doesn't get a fight signed, it's gonna look bad bad.

The only thing sadder is that these guys never save a penny. I remember Rashad on embedded with a nice house, he was the champ at one point so he definitely made some good money, he had the tv deal with his weird hair do, and people love rashad, he had a ton of fights all making at least 200k. And now he’s already looking for celeb fights? Only means one thing, the man is broke.
The fuck is 200K in a career with a short shelf life? The fuck is 200K minus training expenses, lawyer fees, trainer fee, cutman and uncle Sam?

The only thing sadder is that these guys never save a penny. I remember Rashad on embedded with a nice house, he was the champ at one point so he definitely made some good money, he had the tv deal with his weird hair do, and people love rashad, he had a ton of fights all making at least 200k. And now he’s already looking for celeb fights? Only means one thing, the man is broke.

Rashad headlined two cards that did a million buys and a couple of others that did upwards of 700K. $200,000 is a joke under those circumstances, especially after deducted expenses and management fees.

There are boxers who make millions to headline on ESPN+. UFC pay is disgraceful, and it's why these guys are chomping at the bit to come out of retirement and embarrass themselves.

Back