Rash Guards

this is quite possibly the gayest idea ever, whats with people with fucking socks on for training??? whats so hard about just doing it in bare feet????

dapunisher said:
this is quite possibly the gayest idea ever, whats with people with fucking socks on for training??? whats so hard about just doing it in bare feet????
I too.. never understood why people wore socks while grappling.

dapunisher said:

I already listed reasons. In bare feet you are more likely to slip when kicking, have less grip when shooting, have a greater chance of getting mat burns, blisters, bent back toes, callouses, athlete's foot, verucas and dry skin... those are problems some people would like to avoid.

By your logic, why do people wear rashguards when they can grapple shirtless? Why do people wear shorts when they could grapple in their underwear? Why do people wear earguards or cups when they could do so without them? It's just a possible preventative measure to minimise abuse and infection from rolling.

Basically with the Grips you get all of the bennies of wearing wrestling shoes (traction) without the drawbacks (easy to get caught in heelhooks).

I've checked out the design... the problem is related to the rubber/plastic sole you describe. They would have to be manufactured seperately and then machined on to the 'sock'. The fact you would need two manufacturing companies to make the product means a massive expense. You'd need to have pre-order value of I would guess maybe 300 pairs at potentially $60/

Hm.

*goes back to drawing board*

thanx for the replies,
some feel it's just stupid, but
I like to have my feet covered, rash guard.
I freakin got ring worm before, & I would hate that on my foot.

And socks come off too easily.

that's it plain and simple.

just trying to be clean & healthy das all.
I can't freakin imagine training no gi topless, freakin gross. I use to love my gi
cause it would protect me from the germs & what not, & now that I do no-gi,
I love my rash guard, plus it's so light!!

Back