Rare Submission

Yep, that's the 'dog bar', for the exact reason that Testspecimen stated. As previously said, Oli Geddes is big on this move in BJJ competition and has had a large level of success with it against higher level opponents. It comes on very fast and usually quite unexpectedly.

As for swimming an underhook, the bottom fighter already had a pretty deep underhook, and because this attack comes on so quickly, if the top fighter had tried to pummel instead of tapping, there's a very good chance that he would have ended up with a jacked-up knee to go with the shiny new 'L' on his record. Pummeling an underhook in when your opponent already has a really deep one is easier said than done, at least in my experience.

EDIT: For reference. here are Fabio Gurgel and Marcus 'Buchecha' Almeida hitting this move against black belts in competition. It's definitely not just an amateur-hour gimmick.

I remember Mir trying that back in the day and wondering what the fuck he was up to lmao. I think it was in the Freeman fight.

I've always wondered why MMA guys always ignore the legs when it come to BJJ... most of them have the chance to go for the legs a lot of times during a fight but they just ignore it.

I've always wondered why MMA guys always ignore the legs when it come to BJJ... most of them have the chance to go for the legs a lot of times during a fight but they just ignore it.

Because its risky. If you miss your leglock attempt , you end up in a bad position.

I remember Mir trying that back in the day and wondering what the fuck he was up to lmao. I think it was in the Freeman fight.

This is correct. Youngins on here don't remember UFC 30s

I wonder why two fighters with such a big size difference (Fight Finder lists Rodrigues as a featherweight and Jackson as a welterweight) were paired against each other. I thought they only did that in Japanese circus fights these days.

That said, that's a slick submission, indeed. Thanks for sharing, TS.

it was against Dan Christison actually

can somebody tell me the name of the ref in that Buchecha match? why cant i remember her name atm

That`s a sweet move wonder why you don`t see it more? Seems like people are in that spot all the time.

This is by far my favorite move. As said before, Oli Geddes brought it to my attention and dubbed it the "Dog Bar." I've hit it on other brown belts who didn't even know what happened and had never seen it before. It's super duper sneaky.

I wonder why two fighters with such a big size difference (Fight Finder lists Rodrigues as a featherweight and Jackson as a welterweight) were paired against each other. I thought they only did that in Japanese circus fights these days.

That said, that's a slick submission, indeed. Thanks for sharing, TS.

2 days short notice.

This is the move that Dos Anjos caught Tyson griffin in. Griffin survived until the bell, but he got up limping.

It's a sneaky move.

For rare submission I thought immediately of this. I started watching MMA many years ago but in all the time I have watched UFC events this is the only "twister" finish I have ever seen. Some of you may have never seen a twister. Unlucky for Leonard Garcia.

That's some amateur shit right there.
The loser could have just swum for an underhook with his right arm and then the leverage is gone completely.

This guy knows what he's talking about. DarkOrange would have won easily. His GSP sig has been around since before the Hughes fight.

Back