Raquel Pennington: "I wanted to fight not be hugged the whole time"

I personally would not complain about getting hugged by Holly for 15 minutes (especially when she has short shorts on).

I’m not gonna sit here and pretend I wasn’t taking a shit during this fight

I HAD to get up for a sec and check the oil in the car, I could have sworn it was low....sorry if that that second turned into 20mins

Why even say anything. The vast majority of all the fans at parties and bars probably didn't even pay much attention to that fight.

How Holly Holm is still being put on main cards for PPVs is beyond me.

We NEED the trilogy fight to settle this rivalry. I watched the second fight on 32x fast forward as I couldn't get enough.

"I didn't want to be hugged"

She only feels that way because Holly showed up looking like a man
Holly IS super-strong. She trains like crazy, ALL the time, and has really powerful upper body, and legs too. So in a clinch situation there's almost nobody who can outpower her there. Maybe Cyborg.

But I mean also....she is supposedly an ex multiple-time World Boxing Champion. Really?? So where's the devastating combos? I dont recall her hitting people with any great hooks, uppercuts, or anything. Its just rush in, quick left-right-left arm punches and then run away. I dont expect her to knock out opponents with punches every fight but....she NEVER does. Even Rousey was a head-kick KO. So again....where's that boxing champion ?? I just don't get it. She's got power, ex-boxing champ, years of kickboxing experience, BIG strength and speed and yet she never punches anyone's lights out.

Rogan had it right in his commentary: if you don't like the clinch, get out of it. If you can't, you need to train for it. It's not the ref's job to make up for your deficiency by resetting the position.

I watched at a bar with friends and I looked up exactly twice, when it started and said “boring decision will be announced in about 18 minutes”
And when the fight was over
Don’t think I missed a thing

You can still fight in the clinch learn more moves in the clinch to fight and get free mma, far easier to fight of the cage than crunched flat on your back...
My point exactly.

<PlusJuan>

Raquel Pennington: "I wanted to fight not be hugged the whole time"

Then you should've peeled her off and kicked her ass, if you don't wanna be hugged then do something about it that's why it's called mixed martial arts.

Don't you talk to Rocky with that tone brah <puh-lease75>

lets do the rematch at the next big UFC event as a co main again!!
WE NEED MORE OF THIS!

Its still too less WMMA on the cards. As always these wmma bouts safe every card, just like it did on saturday again. i think its discrimination that there are more men mma fights on these cards than wmma fights, it should at least be 50/50.

It's about time someone stepped up and said something!

I’m not gonna sit here and pretend I wasn’t taking a shit during this fight

tenor.gif

She sends mixed signals. Claims she wanted a fight not to be hugged.

But when Nunes gave her a fight, she told her coaches between rounds that she was done.

Which is it?

The fact that even a woman who is a professional fighter hasn't figured out how to avoid unwanted hugging for 15 minutes makes me worry for my daughter's safety.

The fight put me to sleep.

BUT

How bad do you have to be to not be able to get someone off of you.
Like outside fighting, being held down/controlled is the ultimate pussyfying move.

Back