Raquel Pennington: "I wanted to fight not be hugged the whole time"

Holm has been involved in some of the most boring lame fights ever in UFC, but they keep giving her title shot after title shot after title shot.

Holm vs Marion Reneau
Holm vs Pennington 1 first fight
Holm vs Pennington 2 second fight
Holm vs Germaine De Randenme
Holm vs Anderson
Holm vs Cyborg

All these UFC fights were beyond boring for me, they were all staring and light point sparring sessions. And there is more that was awful too but too long to list everything.

Pennington on the other hand is 1-3 in her last 4 fights with the 1 win being a awful split decision. Why is she in co-main event of a $65 PPV. That fight should be buried on the very first prelim or be put in invicta, and the latter is much better idea

Raquel Pennington: "I wanted to fight not be hugged the whole time"

Then you should've peeled her off and kicked her ass, if you don't wanna be hugged then do something about it that's why it's called mixed martial arts.
Imagine badly wanting to kick someone’s ass and the someone just negates all your offense via hugging you, standing.

<mma4>

I'd never let Holly near another title fight again, she's an anti fighter at this stage.

Yet she was the one who kept initiating the clench. She just didn't like it when Holly was able to muscle her against the cage each time.

lets do the rematch at the next big UFC event as a co main again!!
WE NEED MORE OF THIS!

Its still too less WMMA on the cards. As always these wmma bouts safe every card, just like it did on saturday again. i think its discrimination that there are more men mma fights on these cards than wmma fights, it should at least be 50/50.
<Deported1>

Holly is definitely boring and I can’t name many ppl excited for a holm fight. That being said Raquel is just as if not more boring then holm. Look at her past fights, she lays and hugs her opponents. Overall the fight is a prelim opener at best

Prime Dana would have been done handled the problem of WMMA in the UFC... Surely fans have complained to him about it.

"I didn't want to be hugged"

She only feels that way because Holly showed up looking like a man

Holly is definitely boring and I can’t name many ppl excited for a holm fight. That being said Raquel is just as if not more boring then holm. Look at her past fights, she lays and hugs her opponents. Overall the fight is a prelim opener at best

I agree that fight was destined to be boring.

Maybe she should go kickbox or something, this is MMA so that shit will happen especially if you are weak there

Ricky shouldn’t have initiated the clinch either. Absolutely terrible fight. She has no clue if she thinks that’s 100% on Holly.

Imagine badly wanting to kick someone’s ass and the someone just negates all your offense via hugging you, standing.

<mma4>

You can still fight in the clinch learn more moves in the clinch to fight and get free mma, far easier to fight of the cage than crunched flat on your back...

Back