Raphael Assuncao

Wooting

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Can he beat TJ again? Dudes got some impressive wins outside TJ.

He can but he probably won't. TJ has proven that he can go 5 rounds. Assuncao hasn't.

"Again."

Seriously, I wouldn't bet on it. But I also wouldn't have bet on Dillashaw against Barao so what the fuck do I know lol

I doubt it. Was a hometown Brazilian decision in Assuncao's favor anyway.

Seriously thought tj got screwed in the first fight

yes he did.

TJ won that fight. Horrible judging.

yes it was.

I doubt it. Was a hometown Brazilian decision in Assuncao's favor anyway.

yep. I think TJ gets that win back for sure. I remember at the time being really pissed with the decision, because i thought it would put a roadblock for TJ and his chance to get a title fight...but now not so mad.

TJ got robbed in that fight against Assuncao imo.

Thought it was a pretty bullshit call when I watched the fight too.

If the rematch happens I'd think Assuncao wouldn't get away with the judges again, or that it would be in Brazil, now that I think about it.

Think TJ doesn't allow the judges to screw him this time and lays down a beating.

I personally thought TJ won, and I can see a lot of people in here agree. But TJ's already proven that his improvements to his game are happening by leaps and bounds. Assuncao is good, but I don't expect him to keep up with TJ in a rematch.

TJ lost for a reason and he's tons better for it. I don't think that can be said for Assuncao.

Revisionist history up in this bitch. TJ won round one; Assuncao round two. They both uncharacteristically gassed in round three and did nothing. I'd score that a draw. This is the fight that needs to happen next and if Dana makes a Barao rematch instead he can suck it.

TJ finishes him this time. He should've gotten the decision in the first fight but the lost a BS hometown decision.

That decision being a "robbery" is ridiculous. Some MMA fans are just bad at scoring and/or biased towards who's coming forward.

It could have went either way but I feel like Assuncao just barely edged it in round 3. You could give that last round to either guy but Assuncao landed the cleaner strikes despite TJ being the aggressor.

TJ wasnt robbed. As I remmember, Assuncao won first round, TJ the third, second was close. Assuncao landed more strikes, though TJ was more agresive in later rounds. Shertard logic here...

TJ wasnt robbed. As I remmember, Assuncao won first round, TJ the third, second was close. Assuncao landed more strikes, though TJ was more agresive in later rounds. Shertard logic here...
He wasn't robbed but your recollection is fucked.

I didn't think Assuncao beat Dillashaw the first time around. As I recall, Assuncao didn't really do anything to merit winning the third. A case could be made for TJ winning it, but nothing significant really happened, so for me it was a 10-10, with 10-9 for TJ being a possibility.

Regardless, TJ learned a lesson from that fight and has looked much better since(obviously), so I feel like it was somewhat of a blessing in disguise. Hopefully the UFC doesn't pull a Bellator and TJ gets a chance to avenge that loss in his next fight.

Back