Rape charity donation suggestions

PointyShinyBurn

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Though I'm a pretty long way from Maryland, recent events moved me to donate a small amount of money to RAINN, a charity that runs rape crisis centres in the US.

Perhaps other people have some worthwhile charities dealing with similar issues, they could post some links, the people of Sherdog could donate some money and we could move our collective needle slightly closer to "Productive" for the day.

Thanks,

Daniel

RAINN is based in Washington DC, so given the recent events that seems as good a rape charity as any.

Though I'm a pretty long way from Maryland, recent events moved me to donate a small amount of money to RAINN, a charity that runs rape crisis centres in the US.

Perhaps other people have some worthwhile charities dealing with similar issues, they could post some links, the people of Sherdog could donate some money and we could move our collective needle slightly closer to "Productive" for the day.

Thanks,

Daniel

Good thinking, man. Going to check on local organizations first, otherwise I'll go with RAINN.

Ttt. This is the kind of support that's needed. Any ideas on charity events or fund raising seminars are proactive ideas. Hopefully there's a way to get the ball rolling to create something more positive than just the bashing of the Lloyd Irvins and Cameron Earls of the world.

I can think of no better a fund raiser and sign of solidarity to those effected than a charity seminar put on by the black and brown belt affiliates that have/are leaving Team Lloyd Irvin over the rape scandals.

Why? We're not guilty by association as grapplers.

I would like to know how my money would comfort or console a persone who was just raped?

Like "Here Cindy, take this $50. I hope it heals the wound of this disgusting crime"?

i don't think it's about paying them off but rather help funding shelters for raped/abused women, counseling, ect

Anyone who thinks charities should be donated to out of guilt needs a reality check.

Contributing to charities is a part we can play in shaping a better world for the vulnerable and disadvantaged.

Sent by tablet

Ok. So rape victims don't need any element of support, even psych help? I'm sorry for whatever was so tragic in life that has made you so bitter. The goal isn't to provide the cash to someone as an award for having been raped, but rather as a means of providing financial coverage to a support network. These things aren't free. Professional help costs money.

Who's saying they don't need support?

I would like to know how my money would comfort or console a persone who was just raped?

Like "Here Cindy, take this $50. I hope it heals the wound of this disgusting crime"?

Are you really that dumb? Sorry to be personal but I struggle to see how anyone's brain works on such a primitive level.

The money isn't a cash sum donated to rape victims. 'Here you got raped. Sorry bout that. Go get yourself an new iphone.'

I know nothing about the charity but the money is spent on counselling for victims - support for victims - education of young people.

Just googled it. Here - took 5 seconds to find out:
http://www.rainn.org/donate/where-your-money-goes

Back