Rant

The thing that annoys me is when people actually ASK you for advice, and you give it to them, and they pretend lie try to say that they're already doing those things. This is why I moved to learning on forums, beacuse if you get good advice and use it, FUNNILY ENOUGH, IT WORKS lol.

Not really a vent, becaus I'm cool with this guy, hes jus young and a lilttle green and thats fair enough, but its annoyin still. - I saw him last weekend because I'm good mates with his older sister.

----
Him: You lookin gangsta bro, how you get so big?
Me: Eating and training.
Him: My sis was saying you also drinking some super shakes or something as well.
Me: Yea I use protein and some meal replacement to add to my diet, theres nothing majic about them, you just gota eat more and consume more calories.
Him: But I do eat loads, where can I get these protein shakes from.
-------

It's like a protein shake is fucking majic and he thinks having a protein sahek is 20 times better than having a meal of real food or someting.

The other one i get alot what the hell dyou do?

I answre with: "I train compound lifts and eat - mainly deadlift and bench press"
them: How many curls do you do?
me: i don't curl, or at most I do a couple of sets a week if i have time to kill
them: you're lying you must curl loads, your arms look big.
me: *shrugs *gives up :icon_conf

I am not big at. all. fact.

There reallyh is NOTHIGN to be pissed off at casual lifters for - If people ask, I tell them, but i explain how much hard work it is, and how much you have to eat, and that you only make progress if you do things mostly properly. (Like don't eat too much junk lol). The fact that they won't follow /think about / use / digest that information is no skin off my nose at all, who gives a fuck. You can't do any more than try.

I never understood why people consider powerlifting/bodybuilding as some sort of secret society that must be protected from wannabes and masqueraders.

I encourage anybody and everybody to take up lifting and lead a healthy lifestyle, as something is always better than leading a life of sloth.

While granted, most will never have the conviction or the drive to "leave it all in the weightroom" (Thanks for that Carnalism), I see no harm in welcoming people with open arms and sharing whatever it is that we know.

TC is an arrogant, insecure, bufoon who can't write to save his life.

The thing that annoys me is when people actually ASK you for advice, and you give it to them, and they pretend lie try to say that they're already doing those things. This is why I moved to learning on forums, beacuse if you get good advice and use it, FUNNILY ENOUGH, IT WORKS lol.

Not really a vent, becaus I'm cool with this guy, hes jus young and a lilttle green and thats fair enough, but its annoyin still. - I saw him last weekend because I'm good mates with his older sister.

----
Him: You lookin gangsta bro, how you get so big?
Me: Eating and training.
Him: My sis was saying you also drinking some super shakes or something as well.
Me: Yea I use protein and some meal replacement to add to my diet, theres nothing majic about them, you just gota eat more and consume more calories.
Him: But I do eat loads, where can I get these protein shakes from.
-------

It's like a protein shake is fucking majic and he thinks having a protein sahek is 20 times better than having a meal of real food or someting.

The other one i get alot what the hell dyou do?

I answre with: "I train compound lifts and eat - mainly deadlift and bench press"
them: How many curls do you do?
me: i don't curl, or at most I do a couple of sets a week if i have time to kill
them: you're lying you must curl loads, your arms look big.
me: *shrugs *gives up :icon_conf

I am not big at. all. fact.

There reallyh is NOTHIGN to be pissed off at casual lifters for - If people ask, I tell them, but i explain how much hard work it is, and how much you have to eat, and that you only make progress if you do things mostly properly. (Like don't eat too much junk lol). The fact that they won't follow /think about / use / digest that information is no skin off my nose at all, who gives a fuck. You can't do any more than try.

I won't talk to people about training in real life. Like, I'd like to, but I never feel like they listen, and even if they do I don't want them to think I'm some know it all, but it's hard to tell people everything they know about training is wrong without sounding like a prick.

My sister is living with me for 3 months and wants to "lose weight" and get "muscles on her arms". I tried to find her some exercises she likes so she would actually do them but she tries like 1 rep "wow I really feel these turkish getups all over my body but I know what I want to do instead" and proceeds to do curls, dumbell rows and tricep kickbacks instead. Lost cause?

It's motivated me to work harder though to make up for her slackass-ness.

What the hell is up with not being able to start a new thread? I've been trying for 3 days to start a thread with no luck.

The universe hates you so much it made me double post that, then post again about the double post!

I won't talk to people about training in real life. Like, I'd like to, but I never feel like they listen, and even if they do I don't want them to think I'm some know it all, but it's hard to tell people everything they know about training is wrong without sounding like a prick.

Yeh also when you have a discussion with people about training and they always seem to have a relative who is a 'qualified weights instructor' so you cant really give advice without completely insulting them and their relative.

Since I have so much trouble not sounding like an asshole when I talk about training, if somebody cons me into it I'll just tell them straight up they're wrong. "No, that's a bunch of crap. Lift heavy." "No, isolation is a bunch of bodybuilder bullshit perpetuated by joe weider and a bunch of roid-monkeys that would have gotten yolked if they sat on the couch watching the oprah channel" "no, you're full of shit and don't know what the hell you're talking about"

Somebody once tried to tell me punching was an upper body movement... I wanted to demonstrate how incorrect he was, but instead I just called him retarded and left the room. maybe it's not that I won't talk to people IRL about training, it's that I can't.

Over the last 30 years of my life I have had many conversations with people about lifting, some are friends, etc, but most are complete strangers and everyone single one of them either has a close relative or attended high school with either a professional bodybuilder or a world record holder in the bench press.

How can you tell somebody's lying about lifting, their sentence begins with "when I was"

When I was in highschool/in college/on x team I saw/i lifted/there was this guy who some impossible feat!

How can you tell somebody's lying about lifting, their sentence begins with "when I was"

When I was in highschool/in college/on x team I saw/i lifted/there was this guy who some impossible feat!

If I were a rich man,
Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.
All day long I'd biddy biddy bum.
If I were a wealthy man.
I wouldn't have to work hard.
Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.
If I were a biddy biddy rich,
Yidle-diddle-didle-didle man.

Goddamit Urban. Fix it! Do I have invisible dubs or something? I know I'm not as awesome as the Bort, so I don't see how I could have dubs.

That's why this board exists. Because, unfortunately, we don't all live in the same town, go to the same gym, and take our kids to tee-ball together.

Its a bit poncy but in a way I agree. I hate when people say things like 'yeh I could do that if I wanted to' - well why dont you motherfucker?!

Yea those mother fuckers have no idea what training is. And if they tried to look like him or any strong well built individual I doubt the curls and tri kick backs they would do all day would really get them there.

Back