News Rankings Update: Marvin Vettori to #3, Arnold Allen to #8, Dern to #5

If Suarez is ready to return in july/August I think Suarez/Dern is the fight to make,and if Suarez is back to 100% I think it makes for a very interesting grappling match/ #1 contender fight.

How tf did Marvin move THREE SPACES for that shaky performance. Sure he was dominant but he still got litup vs someone who shouldn't be ranked yet.

How did Vettori move up 3 after picking up Brunson’s scraps. And Edmen cracked the Top 10 by doing nothing lol
He should have been higher based on his win over Hermanson, who ran thru Kelvin & Jacare before Jacare was shot.

Till got his ranking by scraping by Kelvin, & he's still somehow ranked higher than Hermanson

Dern was #13 last i checked... thats a serious jump after beating a 10-7 fighter not in the top 15 herself...
You're off, Dern was ranked #11, not #13. Also, Nina Nunes is now ranked #7, and was ranked #5 before the fight. Basically Dern took her spot.

Maybe you thought Nunes was unranked because until recently she was listed as Nina Ansaroff.

Dern's previous win, Virna Jandiroba, is currently ranked #13.

It seems completely backwards that Vettori is ranked higher than Brunson for beating the same guy Brunson beat first. I'm not a Brunson fan but I think he deserves the shot more.
He beat Holland more impressively & Holland actually fought back vs Vettori.

Also, beating Hermanson > beating Edmen

The only reasonable assumption as to why Vettori jumped so high is that, according to the judges, he's the closest person to beating Adesanya at MW. His performance against Holland wasn't that great and he jumped Brunson who did the same shit 3 weeks ago.

Edmen's jump must just be the Russian hype, everyone has been hyped on Russian prospects for the last 1-2 years. Kinda weird to break the top 10 just by sitting at home.
Edmen is not Russian, he's an Armenian-American who trains out of California.

He passed Kevin Holland which is understandable because Holland now has 2 losses in a row, including to Brunson who is the only fighter that beat Edmen.

Not really sure why Edmen passed Chris Weidman though when neither fought recently. Edmen is 11-1. Weidman is coming off a win against Omari Akhmedov (below Edmen in the rankings) and is 2-5 in his last 7, albeit against tougher competition.

I think ranking Edmen ahead of The Chris is defensible, just weird when neither one fought.

Vettori saved the card by taking a dangerous opponent he had not been preparing for on 10 days notice. You should be thanking the mfer for taking the fight.
Holland saved the card .....Taking on a guy who has had 10 days notice when you’ve had a full camp isn’t impressive

How do you move up 3 rankings for beat a guy lower ranked than you...?

Not sure Vettori should get that much of a bump for beating Holland who Brunson dominated just 2 weeks prior. I would also probably put Ige above Allen, but not a huge issue.

What if I told you that was his 5th consecutive win?

It seems completely backwards that Vettori is ranked higher than Brunson for beating the same guy Brunson beat first. I'm not a Brunson fan but I think he deserves the shot more.

The three best guys Bruson has ever fought were Whittaker, Jacare and Izzy.

Literally all three of them knocked him out in the first round.

Marvin is definitely a more interesting fight with Izzy, since they went to a close decision and he hasn't lost since. We already saw Izzy toss Brunson's salad without a fight. Lets see something new.

Rankings don’t mean shit .... DEAL WITH IT

<3>

How about this instead, why don't you stop whining about rankings if you think they are irrelevant?

And they certainly mean shit to the fighters, ya dumb cunt

TS is the most persistently triggered poster on this forum currently. Type of angry clown who would actually argue that Weidman is ready for another title shot based on his performance against Munoz or maybe how he was winning all of those 5 fights before he was KO'd . Makes it all worthwhile.
Thankyou @Osiris3657 <HanaKimura02>

He should have been higher based on his win over Hermanson, who ran thru Kelvin & Jacare before Jacare was shot.

Till got his ranking by scraping by Kelvin, & he's still somehow ranked higher than Hermanson
That’s fair. Really wish UFC would be more consistent with how they rank fighters but oh well that’s asking too much from them

Likely because he was ranked higher than Brunson prior to both Holland fights

Back