Ranking the MW contenders. Is Bisping the only one with no identifiable chance?

submitting a gassed shogun and sliding away from fedor in a scramble? whoa! i guess that completely nullifies henderson getting embarrassed by shields and shogun in their grappling exchanges or forrest using td's and top control sparingly throughout his entire career.

Forrest used his wrestling against Rampage and Franklin. Plus he's got 7 submission wins.

And if you watched the Henderson/Shogun fight then you know Henderson won the majority of the grappling exchanges before gassing.

I mean, do you even watch MMA?

reverses? fedor rushed in to try and drop some bombs without ever establishing top control. henderson slipped out through the back door. there was nothing that would imply outstanding grappling there. vs shogun i saw henderson get taken down and mounted repeatedly.

Well you know, some people see what they want to see

Forrest used his wrestling against Rampage and Franklin. Plus he's got 7 submission wins.

And if you watched the Henderson/Shogun fight then you know Henderson won the majority of the grappling exchanges before gassing.

I mean, do you even watch MMA?

forrest used his wrestling vs rampage? he attempted one td the entire fight and failed. the franklin fight is a great example that illustrates my point. he overpowered rich with his size, then proceeded to lay on him every time he got ace down. he didn't advance position or do any serious damage from the top.

again with the gassing nonsense. he got reversed by shogun after shogun got knocked down by strikes, and he was taken down in the third, fourth, and fifth rounds.

forrest used his wrestling vs rampage? he attempted one td the entire fight and failed. the franklin fight is a great example that illustrates my point. he overpowered rich with his size, then proceeded to lay on him every time he got ace down. he didn't advance position or do any serious damage from the top.

Forrest ko's people, submits people, uses his wrestling and bjj both offensively and defensively. At his peak he had a great chin, great heart, great cardio, always set a fast pace, good in scrambles. Lol, i mean shit, what more does a guy have to do to be well rounded?

again with the gassing nonsense. he got reversed by shogun after shogun got knocked down by strikes, and he was taken down in the third, fourth, and fifth rounds.

Well I saw Henderson mount Shogun, put him in a crucifix, score takedowns, reverse takedowns, defend takedowns, threaten with front chokes, side chokes, one arm guillotines...

Not to mention Hendos the same guy who wrestled Rampage tooth and nail and outwrestled Rich.

TCKB has his own warped view of the world which props up everything Anderson and diminishes everyone else.

he stated the other day that Shogun was prime when Forrest beat him but Forrest was distracted and less then prime when Shogun beat him.

there is no level of absurdity he won't stoop to in an attempt to build up all Anderson opponents and diminish those of others.

TCKB has his own warped view of the world which props up everything Anderson and diminishes everyone else.

he stated the other day that Shogun was prime when Forrest beat him but Forrest was distracted and less then prime when Shogun beat him.

there is no level of absurdity he won't stoop to in an attempt to build up all Anderson opponents and diminish those of others.

Not true. I acknowledged that Shogun's gas tank wasn't as good as some of his best performances in pride. Stop making things up.

Not true. I acknowledged that Shogun's gas tank wasn't as good as some of his best performances in pride. Stop making things up.

FACT you argued there was no real difference in Shoguns performance V Forrest and his prior prime fights and it was Forrests pace and intensity that wore him down and you then argued Shogun beat a distracted and off Forrest.

Kos, Shields, Fitch and Sherk when GSP fought them all had elite level wrestling, good striking defense, high level positional bjj, Shields had great submission bjj, and Kos and fitch have solid striking.

hardly one dimensional. They really only lacked a high level striking game.

Koscheck and Fitch are solid strikers now?

All Koscheck does is paw his left hand while waiting to land a haymaker with his right. And he also has zero head movement.

Koscheck and Fitch are solid strikers now?

All Koscheck does is paw his left hand while waiting to land a haymaker with his right. And he also has zero head movement.

he may not be technically sound, but he can be a dangerous mf'er. can't say the same about a great many guys anderson fought.

he may not be technically sound, but he can be a dangerous mf'er. can't say the same about a great many guys anderson fought.

Vitor is more dangerous than Koscheck could ever dream of being when it comes to striking. Henderson is no joke, either. Leben, Cote, Marquardt were also dangerous back then, too.

Silva has faced many dangerous opponents at middleweight. But go ahead, try trashing Anderson some more to try and make GSP look better.

Last edited:
I don't see how 5,6,7,8,9, and 10 have any greater chance than Bisbing.

Back