Ranking the MW contenders. Is Bisping the only one with no identifiable chance?

None of them really have an identifiable chance, especially Weidman.

Bisping is better than most of them at mixing it up. I think he would try to hold Anderson against the cage for as long as possible, bit like Bonnar. He would try to land elbows in close, and dirty boxing. However watch out for those knees. He's obviously more technical than Bonnar and gets hit less, but obviously lacks the size of Bonnar.

I also think he's better at game-planning than most of the others. Belcher, Stann and Munoz have less of a chance imo. Hard punchers or not. Apart from Belcher, Munoz and Stann are far more predictable, and would get punished bad.

Why don't you list gsps gimme wins during his title stint?

I do think GSP has the edge on Anderson when it comes to quality of opposition but its only an edge. The way Anderson performs against the competition more than makes up for that slight edge imo.

Vitor and Stann are top 10. Leben, Kang, Akiyama, and Hamill were previously or soon to be top 10 when Bisping fought them.

vitor and stann's position as top ten fighters is joke-worthy. please tell me how or why vitor should be ranked highly from beating sexyama (who's totaled 1 win while in the ufc) and rumble (never even fought at mw).

stann is even worse. his biggest win is who: leben? sakara? santiago?

I do think GSP has the edge on Anderson when it comes to quality of opposition but its only an edge. The way Anderson performs against the competition more than makes up for that slight edge imo.

I would argue that the way gsp beats his opponents is just as impressive as silva. They are different styles so you may prefer one over the other but dominating wins are dominating wins.

vitor and stann's position as top ten fighters is joke-worthy. please tell me how or why vitor should be ranked highly from beating sexyama (who's totaled 1 win while in the ufc) and rumble (never even fought at mw).

stann is even worse. his biggest win is who: leben? sakara? santiago?

Vitor ko'd the #2 MW in UFC history. He's maintained his position since then by winning his two fights after Anderson and by his reputation as an excellent fighter.

Santiago was top 5 on most rankings. Leben isn't great but solid. He's Munoz second best win and Sakara is one of Weidmans better wins. So if you're knocking those two then you are actually arguing against the legitimacy of Munoz and Weidmans resume.

He is better than a Gate Keeper for sure but no identifiable chance against Silva at all.

I would argue that the way gsp beats his opponents is just as impressive as silva. They are different styles so you may prefer one over the other but dominating wins are dominating wins.

st pierre's competition usually isn't one dimensional either, unlike silva's opponents. usually they're either brawlers or grapplers.

st pierre's competition usually isn't one dimensional either, unlike silva's opponents. usually they're either brawlers or grapplers.

I would say Shields, Serra, Hardy, Alves, and Sherk are pretty one dimensional. And Hughes and Koscheck barely qualify as multi dimensional.

Vitor ko'd the #2 MW in UFC history. He's maintained his position since then by winning his two fights after Anderson and by his reputation as an excellent fighter.

Santiago was top 5 on most rankings. Leben isn't great but solid. He's Munoz second best win and Sakara is one of Weidmans better wins. So if you're knocking those two then you are actually arguing against the legitimacy of Munoz and Weidmans resume.

top 5? for what? being the sengoku champion? he was exposed pretty quickly after he came over to the ufc. wasn't he cut after his loss to maia (i don't even remember him fighting munoz)? he never even got a win in the ufc.

:icon_lol: at sakara being one of weidman's best wins. the only thing impressive about it is that weidman stepped up on short notice and got the victory.

Why don't you list gsps gimme wins during his title stint?

I mean it depends on context really if you go with the fact that he is probably the best MMA wrestler of the times (maybe all time at WW) and he has few fights with average MMA wrestlers.

He also hasn't fought as many times as Silva has with the belt either.

7 years fighting the absolute best > 10 years of sometimes fighting the best

the absolute best? we've already established that about half of the guys silva has beaten are a joke.

I would say Shields, Serra, Hardy, Alves, and Sherk are pretty one dimensional. And Hughes and Koscheck barely qualify as multi dimensional.

Meanwhile Rich, Hendo, Nate, Forrest, Vitor, Okami, and Leben are very multidimensional.

shields has great wrestling and bjj

serra had good bjj, but preferred to fight like a brawler.

hardy is mostly a striker; i'd agree he was one dimensional when st pierre beat him.

alves has great striking, some of the best at ww, and decent grappling.

sherk was a great grappler with decent striking.

henderson is not multidimensional. he is certainly a brawler and that's it.

forrest is primarily a striker with decent defensive grappling, which meant nothing since anderson wasn't fighting him on the ground anyhow.

Being a grappler is horrible against GSP especially if the base is wrestling. And a lot of (not all) Silva's opponents are well rounded they just aren't champion caliber or Silva worthy.

Josh Kos is decent in stand up and a pretty good wrestler, GSP tooled him just like how Anderson does decent strikers.

top 5? for what? being the sengoku champion? he was exposed pretty quickly after he came over to the ufc. wasn't he cut after his loss to maia (i don't even remember him fighting munoz)? he never even got a win in the ufc.

No for beating Misaki 2x, Khalidov, Nakamura, Siyar, Horn, and Prangely while winning the Strikeforce MW GP, the Sengoku MW GP, the Sengoku MW Title, and defending the title twice.

Look man, stop bringing up rankings when you obviously have no clue what they are. I don't have time to keep bringing up back up to speed on the history of the MW division. Either rankings mean something or they don't. Stop touting Weidmans ranked wins and then dismissing everyone else's. Try being consistent for once.

:icon_lol: at sakara being one of weidman's best wins. the only thing impressive about it is that weidman stepped up on short notice and got the victory.

You said it not me.

I would say Sakara is Weidmans 3rd best win. I mean there are only 9 to choose from.

Being a grappler is horrible against GSP especially if the base is wrestling. And a lot of (not all) Silva's opponents are well rounded they just aren't champion caliber or Silva worthy.

Josh Kos is decent in stand up and a pretty good wrestler, GSP tooled him just like how Anderson does decent strikers.

I would disagree with this part. I think a few of them are champion caliber they just can't win the belt while Silva has it. Nate, Okami, Chael, Rich, Hendo, and Belfort are championship caliber.

the absolute best? we've already established that about half of the guys silva has beaten are a joke.

shields has great wrestling and bjj

serra had good bjj, but preferred to fight like a brawler.

hardy is mostly a striker; i'd agree he was one dimensional when st pierre beat him.

alves has great striking, some of the best at ww, and decent grappling.

sherk was a great grappler with decent striking.

henderson is not multidimensional. he is certainly a brawler and that's it.

forrest is primarily a striker with decent defensive grappling, which meant nothing since anderson wasn't fighting him on the ground anyhow.

LOL, you can't be serious. Shields has great wrestling and bjj but Forrest is just primarily a striker? Sherk was a great grappler with decent striking but Henderson is only a brawler?

Dude, you're going to have to do better than this if you want to continue the discussion. This is just stupid.

Back