Ranking the MW contenders. Is Bisping the only one with no identifiable chance?

None of them have anything but a 'Anderson all the sudden got old on us' chance.

With a win over Belfort Bisping is clearly the #1 contender.

why does beating an old, irrelevant belfort all of a sudden make bisping the #1 contender?

The only one I could see being an issue would be Weidman. The rest at this point look like punching bags for Andy.

ya only if we accept your argument from your other thread where you argued Forrest beat a prime Shogun and yet Shogun beat a lesser and distracted Forrest.

amiright?

The guy is in complete delusion about silva and shogun. Say that anyone might be able to test silva and he will just cry for the next twenty minutes.

ya only if we accept your argument from your other thread where you argued Forrest beat a prime Shogun and yet Shogun beat a lesser and distracted Forrest.

amiright?

No lol, Andersons resume does not hinge on Forrest Griffin

I don't care if Bisping has no chance.

I'm only interested in what's fair. If Bisping beats Belfort then should definately get the shot....who cares if he's going to lose.....this a sport and the right people should be getting the shots.

why does beating an old, irrelevant belfort all of a sudden make bisping the #1 contender?

Because a) Belfort isnt old and irrelevent and b) a Belfort win completely trumps beating Mark Munoz and c) Bisping already has the stronger case, this just cements it.

None of them have anything but a 'Anderson all the sudden got old on us' chance.

With a win over Belfort Bisping is clearly the #1 contender.

You are just another example of MMA being a young sport where the fans do not understand what the terminology means and as such say foolish things.

A punchers chance has nothing, ZERO, to do with odds of landing. it refers to the chance a guy has solely due to his power, despite him being a huge god in the fight.

anyone with big KO power has a punchers chance in any fight whether it is Manhoef fighting JDS or Klitschko.

You and I might bet our life savings on the favorite but Mahoef still has a punchers chance. Which is basically defined as 'if the stars align and somehow, someway, he manages to land his big punch perfectly, he can get the ko and grab the win;.

Bisping is not in that group. his only realistic chance falls under the 'anything can happen' situation which includes freak injury stoppages.

I don't care if Bisping has no chance.

I'm only interested in what's fair. If Bisping beats Belfort then should definately get the shot....who cares if he's going to lose.....this a sport and the right people should be getting the shots.

if you're talking about fair, weidman should have already gotten a title shot after beating maia and munoz.

Because a) Belfort isnt old and irrelevent and b) a Belfort win completely trumps beating Mark Munoz and c) Bisping already has the stronger case, this just cements it.

belfort is certainly irrelevant. he's 2-1 since he lost to silva, and those wins were over guys that are not, and have never been, part of the mw title picture. and yes, he's also old.

bisping's case hinges on beating also-rans and losing to top ten fighters. that's not what #1 contenders are supposed to do.

You guys really need to come up with better arguments if you want to have a serious discussion.

Thats not me

you're saying that beating belfort should trump weidman's wins over the past year. you claim that bisping's victories over guys who aren't/weren't in the top ten over the past 5 years should get him a title shot. that's nonsense.

and you have the comprehension skills of a 12 year old.

I will try to say this as slow as possible in the hopes you comprehend.

When.discussing.punchers.chance.the.odds.of.the.punch.landing.are.meaningless.

WHEN DISCUSSING PUNCHERS CHANCE THE ODDS OF THE PUNCH LANDING ARE MEANINGLESS.

it has nothing to do if Ali or Anderson are so skilled that someone like Manhoef might never touch their chins. we agree it is remote and super low odds.

the 'punchers chance' refers solely to them HAVING ENOUGH POWER that in the miraculous situation where they did land, they could win.

now please continue in your ignorance to argue about how unlikely they would be to land as if that has anything to do with punchers chance.

Sigh... This is why you are so troublesome. You make a thread ultimately about the top 10 MW's skill sets and how they'd fair with Silva.

Within your first damn sentence you say "Lets put aside the 'anything can happen category'" and then put people right into that category. A puncher's chance is saying anything can happen, the confusion that comes into play is that you think it's a skill set, a tool to win the fight when it's just happen stance.

And you argue it fiercely, most people know what the phrase means. We are just wondering why you are using it as a skill.

Since being hypothetical is what your about (even though you hint that we shouldn't be, it's okay for you, but not anyone else) Bisping does have a shot as he has good footwork and is a very good technical striker. Maybe the stars will align and he'll decision Silva.

Your thread is simply about hypothetical situations, so yes everyone on your list has a chance at beating Silva.

you're saying that beating belfort should trump weidman's wins over the past year. you claim that bisping's victories over guys who aren't/weren't in the top ten over the past 5 years should get him a title shot. that's nonsense.

Vitor and Stann are top 10. Leben, Kang, Akiyama, and Hamill were previously or soon to be top 10 when Bisping fought them.

Back