*Occasionally Effective*
Krav Maga (7.0)
Taekwondo (6.5)
Keysi Fighting Method (6.0)
Japanese Jujitsu (6.0)
Hapkido (6.0)

*Rarely Effective*
Jeet Kune Do (5.0)
Karate (5.0) or Full-contact Karate (8.0)
Kenpo (5.0)
Capoeira (5.0)
Kung Fu (4.5)

*Not Effective*
Silat (1.0)
Systema (0.5)
Tai Chi (0.5)
Aikido (0.5)
Kiai (0.1)
Yellow Bamboo (0.0)

You should definitely move Krav Maga and Aikido to *Effective category and also add Wing-Chun to there.

Also,techniques like Sambo,Wrestling are basically the definition of *Occasionally Effective* , Since %99 of the street fights start with a fair distance between the combatants. Anything can happen till you successfully grab your opponent.

Good list though,nice work

Last edited:
Cool numbers bro.

But, how long till Sage Northcutt becomes champ?

LFC-42-085-Sage-Northcutt.jpg

in street fight only scenario Id go with Krav Maga they teach you some dirty shiit

What separates Dutch kickboxing from other forms of kickboxing?

I honestly think if you're mobile enough to step inside a guy's kick (considering you're in closed quarters), the boxer has less margin for error with landing a head/body strike than the kickboxer that can be tipped off balance, depending on the surroundings, whereas the boxers base is always firmly planted on the ground at all times, and not as much imbalance in the stance.

I'm not saying for sure boxing should be #1, but just my personal opinion. I will say one thing though, I think knees in the clinch, to either the head or body, other than a head butt, are the most effective in close moves to land.

Last edited:
How is kickboxing more effective than MMA for self-defense out of curiosity?

Effectiveness for self-defense

*Effective*
Dutch Kickboxing (9.5) out of 10
Sanda or sanshou (9.4)
Sambo (9.3)
Muay Thai Kickboxing (9.0)
MMA (9.0)
Serious Kickboxing in general (9.0)
Savate (9.0)
Boxing (9.0)
Judo (9.0)
Wrestling (9.0)
Brazilian Jiujitsu (9.0) for one-on-one or (2.0) for multiple attackers
Kajukenbo (8.75)

*Occasionally Effective*
Krav Maga (7.0)
Taekwondo (6.5)
Japanese Jujitsu (6.0)
Hapkido (6.0)

*Rarely Effective*
Jeet Kune Do (5.0)
Kenpo (5.0)
Capoeira (5.0)
Kung Fu (4.5)

*Not Effective*
Silat (1.0)
Systema (0.5)
Tai Chi (0.5)
Aikido (0.5)
Kiai (0.1)
Yellow Bamboo (0.0)

how exactly is Dutch Kickboxing ranked above Muay Thai and MMA below Dutch KB???

is anything more effective than MMA?

This is what I'm struggling with.

You're a Dutch Kickboxer, you go against someone who's a better Dutch Kickboxer and you lose. However, if you can take him down, he's screwed.

Didn't the early UFCs answer this question?

This is what I'm struggling with.

You're a Dutch Kickboxer, you go against someone who's a better Dutch Kickboxer and you lose. However, if you can take him down, he's screwed.

Didn't the early UFCs answer this question?

That's what I'm saying. You could be a two stripe white belt a bjj and have your way with the Dutch kick boxer on the ground if you get it there

You should definitely move Krav Maga and Aikido to *Effective category and also add Wing-Chun to there.

Good list though,nice work

Krav Maga is very overhyped. They lack powerful punches. They oftentimes don't do full-contact.

Aikido is pretty unrealistic.

The places that say that they teach Jeet Kune Do mostly teach Wing Chun.

is anything more effective than MMA?

Literally "MMA" ? As in Mixed-Martial-Arts,being an expert on all martial arts mixed together ? No,there is nothing more effective than that.

But most of the professional Mixed Martial Artists are experts on 2 fighting styles,3 tops.

All I'm saying is 1 on 1 I would take mma, bjj, and Muay Thai over Dutch kb.

What separates Dutch kickboxing from other forms of kickboxing?

I honestly think if you're mobile enough to step inside a guy's kick (considering you're in closed quarters), the boxer has less margin for error with landing a head/body strike than the kickboxer that can be tipped off balance, depending on the surroundings, whereas the boxers base is always firmly planted on the ground at all times, and not as much imbalance in the stance.

I'm not saying for sure boxing should be #1, but just my personal opinion. I will say one thing though, I think knees in the clinch, to either the head or body, other than a head butt, are the most effective in close moves to land.

Dutch Kickboxing is roughly Boxing + Muay Thai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ7bbmjtAB0
Skip to 1:30

Effectiveness for self-defense

*Effective*
Dutch Kickboxing (9.5) out of 10
Sanda or sanshou (9.4)
Sambo (9.3)
Muay Thai Kickboxing (9.0)
MMA (9.0)
Serious Kickboxing in general (9.0)
Savate (9.0)
Boxing (9.0)
Judo (9.0)
Wrestling (9.0)
Brazilian Jiujitsu (9.0) for one-on-one or (2.0) for multiple attackers
Kajukenbo (8.75)

*Occasionally Effective*
Krav Maga (7.0)
Taekwondo (6.5)
Japanese Jujitsu (6.0)
Hapkido (6.0)

*Rarely Effective*
Jeet Kune Do (5.0)
Kenpo (5.0)
Capoeira (5.0)
Kung Fu (4.5)

*Not Effective*
Silat (1.0)
Systema (0.5)
Tai Chi (0.5)
Aikido (0.5)
Kiai (0.1)
Yellow Bamboo (0.0)

Taekwondo and Savate should be lower. I don't see any reason why you would rate Japanese Jujitsu and Judo any differently. Keysi Fighting Method and Kenpo should have the same score.

I don't think you understand what Jeet Kune Do is. I would just take it off the list. Why would you give Silat a 1? That score is just goofy considering the other arts you ranked much higher?

Also, Kung Fu? You do know that "Kung Fu" incorporates many different styles right? Many of which make up the principal techniques of sanshou (which you ranked really highly).

If you ranked BJJ a 2 for multiple attackers, why didn't you also include that score for other grappling arts like wrestling? Or, like with Savate, give it a qualifier like "2 for grappling exchanges".

This whole list is a mess.

Literally "MMA" ? As in Mixed-Martial-Arts,being an expert on all martial arts mixed together ? No,there is nothing more effective than that.

But most of the professional Mixed Martial Artists are experts on 2 fighting styles,3 tops.

Well if those three are Muay Thai, wrestling, and bjj I'll take that over Dutch kickboxing lol

i would call this a joke, but jokes are amusing.

Back