Ranking every UFC champion by likability

Who do you dislike the most out of the current champions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a non white middle eastern guy I can't stand Adesanya. He's just too disrespectful. We shouldn't forget what he did in the Romero weight ins. He broke one of the national symbols of Cuba and stepped on it. Cigares are part of the cuban culture and history.

Thats disrespectful as fuck and would be a big scandal in most of the countries in the world.

Adesanya is not a victim. He's a spoiled kid who thinks he can do whatever he wants. Dry humping, insulting a kid on Instagram, making 9/11 jokes, stepping on national symbols.

That's enough reasons to dislike him without being a racist.
Izzy is just mad that nobody takes his wins seriously anymore after seeing his tit.

Everybody has a different preference, nothing wrong with that.

You seem to think (from the few posts I read, I could be wrong here) though that you can objectively reason what other people like & dislike and why. Which is a fallacy, as it's a strictly subjective matter.
I agree it is subjective, but people here seem to think that in this complicated subjective equation race doesn’t play a factor lol. To me it obviously does, and I think that partially plays out in this poll.

"3 Piece and a soda, street jesus". Masvidal had a good gimmick going. Plus he's exciting. He bodied Askren in 5 seconds (who's probably even more hated than Usman) which alot of the MMA fanbase loved him for.

Yeah Volk is boring too, but I don't think people care about his fights like they do about Usman's. It's easier to get invested in Usman vs Colby or Usman vs Masvidal compared to Volk vs Holloway 7. Plus Volk never had a "30%" moment.
See, this is what I’m talking about. The 30% comment? Really? That’s the huge offense?

Honestly nobody stands out for me massively either way at the moment, no assholes like Jones or Conor I'm hoping to see brutally KOed but noone like say Shogun I'd always be pulling for.

It is subjective, but people here seem to think that in this complicated subjective equation of why fans like fighters, race doesn’t play a factor lol. To me it obviously does, and I think that partially plays out in this poll.

I think it does matter to some people, but I don't think it's really that big of a factor in general. Both Izzy and Usman have plenty of reasons to be disliked, that don't involve their skin color.

I don't know you personally, but in general people who have made similar statements on here have seemed very biased in their view and seemed to be looking to confirm that bias. Silva has, IMO, the most delusional fanbase here on SD and that's all due to the love they have for him. Rampage was very popular too and even Jon Jones despite all the fuck ups still has a good amount of fans. DC is generally loved too. Of course you can find haters for all of those, but so you can with every single fighter, regardless of race. Oh and Reem seems to be pretty much universally loved on here nowadays too. Yoel is very popular too.

I just realized that I more or less like every current UFC champion. Feels good.

I voted Usman only because he's boring, other than that every current champ is cool with me. Actively rooted for Yan, Jan, Volk and Izzy. Khabib, Zhang and Stipe are nice as well.

I think it does matter to some people, but I don't think it's really that big of a factor in general. Both Izzy and Usman have plenty of reasons to be disliked, that don't involve their skin color.

I don't know you personally, but in general people who have made similar statements on here have seemed very biased in their view and seemed to be looking to confirm that bias. Silva has, IMO, the most delusional fanbase here on SD and that's all due to the love they have for him. Rampage was very popular too and even Jon Jones despite all the fuck ups still has a good amount of fans. DC is generally loved too. Of course you can find haters for all of those, but so you can with every single fighter, regardless of race. Oh and Reem seems to be pretty much universally loved on here nowadays too. Yoel is very popular too.

DC is absolutely not "generally loved" lol. As a champ he was hated for no good reason for quite a while. I've been to a couple of DC fights where i personally witnessed the crowd boo him aggressively. This is a guy who is a US olympian, great father and role model, high school wrestling coach, has an exciting style. And they still hated him lol.

I just realized that I more or less like every current UFC champion. Feels good.

I voted Usman only because he's boring, other than that every current champ is cool with me. Actively rooted for Yan, Jan, Volk and Izzy. Khabib, Zhang and Stipe are nice as well.
Volk isn't boring?

DC is absolutely not "generally loved" lol. As a champ he was hated for no good reason for quite a while. I've been to a couple of DC fights where i personally witnessed the crowd boo him aggressively. This is a guy who is a US olympian, great father and role model, high school wrestling coach, has an exciting style. And they still hated him lol.

Yeah, he had trouble gaining fans in the beginning, but eventually after he was doing his thing away from all the Jon stuff that loomed over him, his popularity seemed to really have grown. Me, personally, have started to really dislike him for all the eye pokes and how much of a hypocrite it made him, because he liked to look down on Jon for his cheating. However I do think he is a great person outside of fighting and I really respect how he has endured all the struggles he has had.

Oh and Ngannou is another really popular guy and I think people were massively rooting for him against Stipe. And probably will again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back