Ranking every UFC champion by likability

Who do you dislike the most out of the current champions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Read what you want into it but it's hard not to notice that the only the two champs of color (Usman and Izzy) make up almost 80% of the votes.

They are also the only 2 ones who carry a massive chip on their shoulders. Please not this race baiting again

I wish I could give you several likes. I have no issues with people saying they don't like Khabib until they give their reasons and you realise they are so mistaken about everything that makes khabib who he is.
Some are honest and they’ll say they don’t like the religious stuff, but the funny thing is Khabib isn’t going around proselytizing and trying to make people Muslim. He doesn’t even talk about his faith except when he’s asked about it. Things like saying “Alhamdilah” and “inshallah” are just common phrases that Muslim people use, no more suspicious that Christians saying they thank God in post fight interviews. Khabib from what I’ve seen NEVER makes religion a talking point, he talks about it because he is ASKED about it as one of the most visible practicing Muslim athletes in the world.

Some are honest and they’ll say they don’t like the religious stuff, but the funny thing is Khabib isn’t going around proselytizing and trying to make people Muslim. He doesn’t even talk about his faith except when he’s asked about it. Things like saying “Alhamdilah” and “inshallah” are just common phrases that Muslim people use, no more suspicious that Christians saying they thank God in post fight interviews. Khabib from what I’ve seen NEVER makes religion a talking point, he talks about it because he is ASKED about it as one of the most visible practicing Muslim athletes in the world.

Exactly. Most people who find a bone to pick about khabib don't do so because of his skills but because he comes from a totally different part of the world that they can't comprehend. He is the product of his environment and you won't change his opinions (or anyone else's) by wagging the finger like "meh, we don't that in the west"

Adesanya is the most unlikeable. Guy acts like a child and has no integrity whatsoever. Not to mention he's super sensitive. I could say to him you've got shit tattoos and he'll make memes about me for the next year

They are also the only 2 ones who carry a massive chip on their shoulders. Please not this race baiting again
Usman isn’t carrying a chip on his shoulders anymore than the other champs. Stop making up reasons man. I get the Izzy hate, but the Usman hate is really weird. Honestly I don’t even think people realize when they have racial bias. But to me it’s clear that’s what likely happening here.

Saying Khabib is the most unlikable champ is a pretty irrational position to take imo, especially if your reasons are political. Considering that he lives in a country that is politically repressive and it’s inherently unclear how much of his actions are driven by pragmatism, it’s extremely uncharitable to blame him for stuff like appearances with Kadyrov, etc. In terms of his merits as a person, Khabib is extremely humble and very charitable, has amazing personal qualities such as loyalty, discipline, inner strength, etc. He appears to be genuine and not fake, he’s not putting out an act. Considering his meteoric rise he’s stayed remarkably consistent and hasn’t changed or let fame go to his head. With all these facts it is weird that he’d get singled out as your most disliked champ. Typically when I see folks take your position, it tends to be people that have dislike of Islam and are particularly turned off by the fact that Khabib is a religiously observant Muslim. People that hate Khabib for this typically wouldn’t bat an eye if Yoel or some other fighter went on and on about Jesus. There is less public tolerance for conservative Muslims, so in a way your hatred of Khabib is probably rooted in the same tribal bullshit that leads to an irrational hatred of Usman or Izzy etc etc.
I wasn't exclusively referring to his willingness or at the very least complacency to be used for Kadyrov's propaganda machine, he's taken countless opportunities to advocate for repressive and inhumane causes all by himself with no political officials from Dagestan or Russia involved at all. He just only ever voices them in Russian and it's not really noticed by anyone in the MMA community outside of the Russian spectrum.

Personally I always chuckle a bit when any fighter refers to a deity after having spent the last minutes bashing someone else's head in, but that's just me and I do that equally with any religion that gets mentioned in that context. Ultimately I neither disrespect it, nor do I even advocate against it, they should do and practice whatever they like. If a fighter can make the cross gesture and thank Jesus after a fight then let Khabib say allahu akbar, it's just fair and doesn't really cause any direct harm.

With Adesanya, again, it's very recent, I was actually a fan of his and he was my favorite active fighter at middleweight before general cockiness, that I can appreciate, turned into seriously immature and despicable behavior. And as I said with Usman, I'm growing more fond of him. He was a loud mouth of the obnoxious sort, but he's acting more and more like a true champion, not even taunting grade A assholes like Masvidal or Covington after beating them decisively. I respect the guy.

Everyone loves Chinese Women though.. Sherdogs full of racist Chinese Women.

Usman isn’t carrying a chip on his shoulders anymore than the other champs. Stop making up reasons man. I get the Izzy hate, but the Usman hate is really weird. Honestly I don’t even think people realize when they have racial bias. But to me it’s clear that’s what likely happening here.

Dont forget Usman just got finished dry humping Masvidal, sherdog's sweetheart. If Conor was on there he'd easily be the most disliked.

But to me it’s clear that’s what likely happening here.

Say it. I want you to say it, and all because someone dislikes a fighter you have no problem with. Good lord dude

Its fine to disagree with people you know, without either side being what you think they are

Go back in time and read Sherdog after his last 2 fights

Please explain it to me. I think everybody would look "polarizing" if the other pole is Colby Covington. The buildup to the Masvidal fight was rather uneventful as far as I recall also b/c Jorge was a late replacement.

Go back in time and read Sherdog after his last 2 fights
His last 2 fights were against Colby and Masvidal. Of course he’s gonna shit talk with them, those are the 2 most disrespectful fighters in the entire promotion. It’s funny because Colby and Masvidal are both more liked than Usman, even though they both have bigger chips on their shoulders and they’re both huge douchebags. Masvidal SUCKER PUNCHED someone and that made him MORE popular with ufc fans lmao. The double standards are incredible.

Don't you think it's because Israel is the most disrespectful champion, and Usman is the most boring one.

sMlTUUx.jpg

It's the "likeability" that gets me.

Izzy makes sense because the fight just happened, but the fact Usman is head and shoulders above everyone else as well is suspect.

Izzy maybe, but Usman doesn't really strike me as such. You can say about almost all champs, even a lot of of MMA fighters in general, that they have a huge chip on their shoulders.

Say it. I want you to say it, and all because someone dislikes a fighter you have no problem with. Good lord dude

Its fine to disagree with people you know, without either side being what you think they are
I’m just trying to understand the reasons you’re giving for disagreeing. So far every theory of yours for why Usman is so hated, has been debunked. We’re showing you the double standards but you just won’t admit or explain the inconsistency lol. Be intellectually honest man.

His last 2 fights were against Colby and Masvidal. Of course he’s gonna shit talk with them, those are the 2 most disrespectful fighters in the entire promotion. It’s funny because Colby and Masvidal are both more liked than Usman, even though they both have bigger chips on their shoulders and they’re both huge douchebags. Masvidal SUCKER PUNCHED someone and that made him MORE popular with ufc fans lmao. The double standards are incredible.

I truly recognize both Colby and Masvidal as just as dislikable (or even more) than Usman. That doesn’t excuse Usman being petty as hell.

Izzy maybe, but Usman doesn't really strike me as such. You can say about almost all champs, even a lot of of MMA fighters in general, that they have a huge chip on their shoulders.
This also doesn’t explain why ufc fans seem to like Colby and Masvidal more than Usman. Those are the 2 fighters with the biggest chips on their shoulders.

I’m just trying to understand the reasons you’re giving for disagreeing. So far every theory of yours for why Usman is so hated, has been debunked. We’re showing you the double standards but you just won’t admit or explain the inconsistency lol. Be intellectually honest man.

I don’t even dislike Usman... I’m just saying there is a reason to, because how outspoken he was in his last 2 fights. Yes he basically fired back against the assholes who verbally abused him. That doesn’t change anything.

This also doesn’t explain why ufc fans seem to like Colby and Masvidal more than Usman. Those are the 2 fighters with the biggest chips on their shoulders.

UFC fans like Colby??? Trolls on sherdog are getting to you my man

Dont forget Usman just got finished dry humping Masvidal, sherdog's sweetheart. If Conor was on there he'd easily be the most disliked.
But that still doesn’t explain it, how is a douchebag like Masvidal a “sweetheart” when he sucker punched another fighter and generally acts like a massive D-bag? The inconsistency is weird. Volk doesn’t get hated even though his style is more boring than Usman’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back