Rank your top 10 GOAT list

1. Jones [undefeated]
2. Aldo [undefeated UFC/WEC]
3. Anderson
4. Fedor
5. GSP
6. BJ

Yes. He's 0-3 against Edgar. 0-1 against Diaz and rory. He should be behind them then right??

Nice logic tho

When bj compiles a 44-4 record, instead of a 16-11 record, then you can start saying his name in the same sentence as hughes

He defeats Prime Hughes the 2nd best WW ever, takes GSP (top 3-4 GOAT candidate) to split decision, pulls a draw with #1 ranked Fitch back when Fitch didn't suck yet, has a close fight with Machida while giving up 50lbs and goes on an absolute LW rampage in the UFC and you think top 25 is unreasonable?

He's one of two guys to have UFC gold in multiple weight classes. If it's so f'ing easy how come Edgar can't do it?

Also -
Anderson
Fedor
Jones
GSP
Aldo
Nog
Penn
Couture
Liddell
Rousey

Jon jones
Anderson silva
Gsp
Fedor
Wand
Hendo
Hughes
Aldo
Rampage
Randy

He defeats Prime Hughes the 2nd best WW ever, takes GSP (top 3-4 GOAT candidate) to split decision, pulls a draw with #1 ranked Fitch back when Fitch didn't suck yet, has a close fight with Machida while giving up 50lbs and goes on an absolute LW rampage in the UFC and you think top 25 is unreasonable?

He's one of two guys to have UFC gold in multiple weight classes. If it's so f'ing easy how come Edgar can't do it?

That is all well and good but Hughes is a former 2x WW Champion with 7 titles defenses. He beat both BJ and GSP. Hughes remains one of the most dominant champions this sport has seen. BJ? Not so much.

I don't have a order but

Anderson
Fedor
Jones
GSP
Aldo
Chuck
Wanderlei
Nog
Hendo
Shogun/Hughes/Couture

That is all well and good but Hughes is a former 2x WW Champion with 7 titles defenses. He beat both BJ and GSP. Hughes remains one of the most dominant champions this sport has seen. BJ? Not so much.

I'm not arguing that Matt Hughes isn't a beast and, as I posted, I consider him the 2nd best WW of all time.

I was just debating JLazer's assertion that BJ Penn's record sucked and he doesn't belong in the top 25.

BJ easily makes top 25. If you think Hughes ranks higher I think that's a reasonable position to take.

Lol'd

No Silva/Jones anywhere, yet you included names like Igor, Cain, Shogun, Machida, Wand, Saku, etc. All time greats? Most definitely. On the same level as Silva or Jones? Fuck no.

Anyone who neglects Fedor/Silva/GSP/Jones when making a GOAT list is simply not correct.

I lol at everytime someone says Jones or Anderson GOAT. Its ridiculous. Fedor is the GOAT and GSP is one of the best ever. Jones and Andy not so much.

You must be one of those newer fans. I can understand why you would be misinformed.

Lol...the fact that all you can list are losses, as if they're some kindve accomplishment, proves that bj isn't top 25.

And his "absolute rampage" at lw consisted of going 5-2 (and also losing one at ww) against the likes of Florian, Sherk, Diego, and Pulver. He's not even a top 5 all time lw.

Took a crack at the top 20, not easy

1. Anderson Silva - UFC/Pride/Shooto/Cage Rage Champion, 13 defenses
2. Fedor Emelianenko - Pride/Rings Champion, 3 defenses
3. GSP - UFC Champion, 9 defenses
4. Jon Jones - UFC Champion, 8 defenses
5. Jose Aldo - UFC/WEC Champion, 9 defenses
6. Nog - Pride/UFC/Rings Champion
7. Dan Henderson - Pride/UFC/SF/Rings Champion
8. Matt Hughes - 2x UFC Champion, 7 defenses
9. Wanderlei Silva - Pride Champion, 4 defenses
10. Randy Couture - 4x UFC Champion, 2 defenses
11. BJ Penn - 2x UFC Champion, 3 defenses
12. Dominick Cruz - UFC/WEC Champion, 4 defenses
13. Rampage Jackson - UFC/Pride Champion, 1 defense
14. Chuck Liddell - UFC Champion, 4 defenses
15. Cain Velasquez - UFC Champion, 2 defenses
16. Junior Dos Santos - UFC Champion, 1 defense
17. Shogun Rua - Pride/UFC Champion
18. Bas Rutten - Pancrase/UFC Champion, 2 defenses
19. Frank Shamrock - UFC Champion, 4 defenses
20. Mirko Filipovic - Pride Champion

People need to quit being so blind and putting bj in their top 10, it's pathetic. He not even top 25.

He gets a ton of points for having been a champion in two separate weight classes in a marquee organization. He also has wins over all-time greats (i.e., Hughes and Gomi). That's an impressive resume.

Plus: His record would have looked a lot better if he had spent his prime years in the weight class he belonged in, instead of ballooning up to fight Machida, and then sticking around at welterweight to fight GSP again, MacDonald, Fitch, and Hughes (again). His 16-10 record could have easily been a 21-5 record.

Please explain to me how bj (16-11) is ahead of jones (20-1).

Or hendo for that matter. ....or even Edgar?

Nothing about Jon Jones skillset impresses me other than his ground game which is out of this world.

BJ Penn imo is the MOST TALENTED MMA fighter period.

Put it this way.

GSP: Hardest working fighter period.
Anderson Silva: Smartest fighter period.
Fedor: Strongest will to win.
BJ Penn: Most talented fighter period.

Good list except for Henderson great guy won a few big fights but was never dominate.

He was a champion in two different weight classes, in the top organization at the time.

Fifteen years ago, he beat Gilbert Yvel, Big Nog, and Babalu on the same night.

Ten years ago, he knocked out Ryo Chonan and Akihiro Gono on the same night.

He also has wins over Fedor, Vitor, Wanderlei, Rich Franklin, and Shogun -- three top ten all-time greats; and Rich, who is an all-time top twenty (or so) great.

His first professional fight was in 1997. It was less than a year ago since he defeated Shogun for a second time. That's a hell of a resume over a very long career.

He was a champion in two different weight classes, in the top organization at the time.

Fifteen years ago, he beat Gilbert Yvel, Big Nog, and Babalu on the same night.

Ten years ago, he knocked out Ryo Chonan and Akihiro Gono on the same night.

He also has wins over Fedor, Vitor, Wanderlei, Rich Franklin, and Shogun -- three top ten all-time greats; and Rich, who is an all-time top twenty (or so) great.

His first professional fight was in 1997. It was less than a year ago since he defeated Shogun for a second time. That's a hell of a resume over a very long career.

Not bad for a middleweight.

Nothing about Jon Jones skillset impresses me other than his ground game which is out of this world.

BJ Penn imo is the MOST TALENTED MMA fighter period.

Put it this way.

GSP: Hardest working fighter period.
Anderson Silva: Smartest fighter period.
Fedor: Strongest will to win.
BJ Penn: Most talented fighter period.

Lol. If he was so talented, he wouldn't have lost so many times

He gets a ton of points for having been a champion in two separate weight classes in a marquee organization. He also has wins over all-time greats (i.e., Hughes and Gomi). That's an impressive resume.

Plus: His record would have looked a lot better if he had spent his prime years in the weight class he belonged in, instead of ballooning up to fight Machida, and then sticking around at welterweight to fight GSP again, MacDonald, Fitch, and Hughes (again). His 16-10 record could have easily been a 21-5 record.

It isn't that impressive when he got the title with ONE fight. So raspy it's not that impressive, It was just one fight. Hendo has too, has had much more success at higher weight classes and doesn't get near the credit.

Yea, IF that would've happened, he would have a more impressive resume, BUT HE DIDN'T

Back