Rank your top 10 GOAT list

Ya not to mention KenFlo and the nightmare are both Tuffers.

Here we go with the elitist "Tuffers suck" crap. The show has produce a lot of crappy fighters for sure, but it has also produce champions (Forrest, Evans, Dillashaw) as well as perennial top contenders (Florian, Bisping, Maynard, Dodson, etc.).

1. Fedor = champion in multiple organizations, in multiple sports; reigned over the heavyweight division when Pride was the top organization; undefeated for a decade, with no losses during his prime; defeated several all-time greats; great longevity in the sport

2. Henderson (Dan) = two division champion in a top organization; defeated multiple all-time greats, at multiple weight classes; great longevity in the sport; can protect his ranking by finishing off his career with a couple of solid wins

3. Anderson = reigned over a tough division for multiple years; defeated multiple all-time greats; champion in multiple organizations; great longevity in the sport; can save his ranking by finishing off his career with some solid wins

4. GSP = reigned over a tough division for multiple years; avenged all of his losses; defeated several all-time greats; retired during his prime, so will most likely drop in the coming years

5. Jones = reigned over the marquee division during his era (current); undefeated, with victories over several all-time greats; young career, no indication of longevity; Jones is the likeliest fighter to move up over the next couple of years

6. Shogun = the only fighter to become a marquee champion in both of the premier MMA organizations; several victories over all-time greats; multiple injuries, harming his longevity as a top fighter; is no longer able to fight to his potential

Rounding out the next couple of spots would be: Wanderlei, Vitor, Liddell, and Penn. I don't have an order for these four, but you have to give a lot of credit for their belts and respective reigns (Wanderlei, Liddell, Penn) and their longevity (Wanderlei, Vitor).

When you're talking about the "Greatest of All-Time" list, I think you have to consider championships and longevity, more than you have to consider short-term heights of talent. There are some fighters who were untouchable and extremely talented for a brief period of time, but could not last at a high level. These I could not rank up as high as someone who reigned over a tough division for multiple years.

Good list except for Henderson great guy won a few big fights but was never dominate.

If it's runs at the top, Hendo and Nogueira win by a landslide.
Not even Fedor comes close.

When it comes to pure longevity then I agree. The one thing Fedor, Silva and the other GOATs have over them is that they had longer runs as champion and the #1 guy.

Nog is damn near a GOAT himself in my eyes. If you remove Fedor from his record than he had a run of 23-1 iirc in Pride against the toughest schedule of any heavyweight ever. Besides having lost to him twice Nog actually does have a stronger resume than Fedor. Its like JDS/Cain.

hard,but here we go
fedor
anderson
gsp
aldo
jones
penn
hughes
chuck
big nog
randy

1.GSP
2.Anderson
3.Fedor
4.BJ Penn

Anderson
Fedor
Jones
GSP
Aldo
Hendo
Big Nog
Hughes
Shogun
Randy

When it comes to pure longevity then I agree. The one thing Fedor, Silva and the other GOATs have over them is that they had longer runs as champion and the #1 guy.

Nog is damn near a GOAT himself in my eyes. If you remove Fedor from his record than he had a run of 23-1 iirc in Pride against the toughest schedule of any heavyweight ever. Besides having lost to him twice Nog actually does have a stronger resume than Fedor. Its like JDS/Cain.

Agreed but Fedor's two wins over Nogueira are better single victories than anything on Nog's record.

Fedor
GSP
Jones
Anderson
Frank Shamrock
CroCop
Sakuraba
Aldo
Liddel
Machida
Couture

Agreed but Fedor's two wins over Nogueira are better single victories than anything on Nog's record.
Well, yeah. Unless Nog beat up his brother, it's hard for him to defeat himself :)

In most cases this thread should just be renamed to "Rank your top 10 favourite fighters list".

1) Fedor's Legacy
2) Silva
3) Jones...for now. Depending on whether he not he shapes up, sky's the limit or the hole he falls down will be limitless.
4) Fedor...the real one, not his legacy.
5) GSP
5) Penn
6) Conor McGregor's hype
7) Aldo
8) Edgar...you fight guys who outweigh you by 20+ pounds and still beat em? That's what GOATs do...and if he captures the gold at FW one day?!
9) I'm blanking...
10) Me

In most cases this thread should just be renamed to "Rank your top 10 favourite fighters list".

GOAT lists are based purely on opinion although everyone should have the undisputed divisional GOATs in their top 5 with Fedor, Anderson and GSP in 1-3 and Jones and Aldo in 4-5.

1. Anderson
2. Fedor
3. GSP
4. Jones
5. Aldo
6. Big Nog
7. Hendo
8. Hughes

Not sure about 9 and 10

This is the exact list and in the exact order I would have said, I'm also not sure about 9 and 10. I wonder if we were separated at birth?

GOAT lists are based purely on opinion although everyone should have the undisputed divisional GOATs in their top 5 with Fedor, Anderson and GSP in 1-3 and Jones and Aldo in 4-5.

Jones has surpassed Anderson, and probly GSP too. Aldo shouldn't be top 5 yet. Nog and hendo are ahead of him

Anderson
Fedor
GSP

Jones/Aldo

Rest

There's levels to that shit and nobody's close to the top three. Longevity plays a big role in an all time list, IMO.

Here is mine

1. Fedor
2. GSP
3. Jones
4. Anderson
5. Aldo
6. Hughes
7. Wanderlei
8. Liddell
9. BJ Penn
10.Big Nog

I'd definitely switch Penn and Hughes and it's hard not to feel like Anderson is getting slighted considering he finished most of the best fighters the ufc could find to put in front of him but that's a pretty solid list. Might put Cain on and bump Nog off already and Cain has a lot left he could do to move higher...

Back