Rank your top 10 GOAT list

Pathetic he's ahead of Hughes who he has a 2-1 record against? Not much for wins? How about Sherk, Florian, Sanchez, Pulver, Renzo, Serra, and Uno

Yea. ..those wins aren't that great. With 11 losses, you better have a lot better wins than that . Lol at renzo

1. Anderson/Fedor
3. GSP
4. Jones
5. Aldo
6. Big Nog
7. Matt Hughes
8. Wanderlei Silva
9. Chuck Liddell
10 BJ Penn

1. Jose Aldo (the real p4p king)
2. Anderson Silva
3. GSP
4. Jon Jones
5. Cain Velasquez
6. Frankie Edgar
7. Anthony Pettis
8. Demetrious Johnson
9. Chris Weidman
10. BJ Penn

I've been an MMA fan for 10 years, but I can't honestly say any of the early 2000's fighters could compete against these more well rounded and more athletic fighters of 2014.

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Rory and Diaz were up a weight class. How would Hughes have done at MW? BJ has 11 losses, but other than the 3 to Edgar (1 of which he arguably won) and a loss to Pulver BJ's losses all came when he fought above the weight class he should be fighting at

So? He sure as hell would've gotten a shit load of credit if he would've won any of those fights. Hendo was a mw abs fought and beat the two greatest HWs of all time, and some of the greatest lhws of all time

1. Fedor

2. Big Nog

In no special order:
GSP
Cain
Igor
Shogun
Sakuraba
Machida
Wanderlei
Crocop

Lol'd

No Silva/Jones anywhere, yet you included names like Igor, Cain, Shogun, Machida, Wand, Saku, etc. All time greats? Most definitely. On the same level as Silva or Jones? Fuck no.

Anyone who neglects Fedor/Silva/GSP/Jones when making a GOAT list is simply not correct.

1. Jose Aldo (the real p4p king)
2. Anderson Silva
3. GSP
4. Jon Jones
5. Cain Velasquez
6. Frankie Edgar
7. Anthony Pettis
8. Demetrious Johnson
9. Chris Weidman
10. BJ Penn

I've been an MMA fan for 10 years, but I can't honestly say any of the early 2000's fighters could compete against these more well rounded and more athletic fighters of 2014.

1. That's not true.
2. That's not how you're supposed to do these all-time rankings. If you go by that logic Royce Gracie is not in the top 1000.

So? He sure as hell would've gotten a shit load of credit if he would've won any of those fights. Hendo was a mw abs fought and beat the two greatest HWs of all time, and some of the greatest lhws of all time

Yea, that's kind of how it works in sports. Like Michigan in football losing to App. State, App. State got a ton of credit, Michigan winning wouldn't have gotten as much credit because it was expected. Same thing here

Fedor
Anderson
Jones
GSP
Aldo
Hughes
Wanderlei
Minotauro
Couture
Liddell

Fedor
GSP
Anderson
Aldo
Jones

Don't know the rest...

That's hard.. and there will be some bias so FU.

1. Anderson Silva No Bias just fact
2. Fedor Emelianenko
3. Georges St. Pierre
4. Jose Aldo
5. Jon Jones
6. Matt Hughes
7. Dan Henderson
8. Chuck Liddell
9. BJ Penn
10. Chris Weidman

(lots of guys could have gone 10, including Shogun, Rampage, Wanderlei.. sorry Pride boys I'm really not a hater.) But there is no way I don't see Weidman surpassing all of these guys and many on the list above.

Yea, that's kind of how it works in sports. Like Michigan in football losing to App. State, App. State got a ton of credit, Michigan winning wouldn't have gotten as much credit because it was expected. Same thing here

That's because it's known app state wasn't that good. Same as bj. He's gotten his ass kicked in 3 weight classes over the last few years ago there is no excuse for whatever the weight class was

GSP
Fedor
Jones
A.Silva
Aldo
Hughes
Hendo
Penn
Couture
Ronda (Weather you like it or not she is a GOAT in her own respect)
Chuck

Why are people ranking couture over guys like chuck, wand, Shogun, and rampage??

Anderson Silva 2006-2012
Georges St. Pierre 2008-2012
Jose Aldo 2008-2014
Jon Jones 2009-2014
Fedor Emelianenko 2001-2010
Cain Velasquez 2009-2013
Frank Shamrock 1997-1999
Randy Couture 2001-2007
Wanderlie Silva 2000-2004
Dan Henderson 1998-2010

I like this approach of breaking them down into their "runs". When you look at it that way a guy like Wanderlei or Frank looks a lot better.

Its not Jon's fault at all, but its undeniable that his big name wins came largely against past their prime legends. I think if he runs this table (Gus 1, Glover, DC, Rumble) I am more impressed than his wins against Shogun, Rampage, Rashad. Seeing Machida now down at Middleweight detracts some from that win too for me. That being said, certainly top 5, but I still don't put him above Anderson, GSP and Fedor.

1. Anderson Silva
2. Georges St Pierre
3. Jon Jones
4. Jose Also
5. Cain Velasquez
6. Fedor Emelianenko
7. Dan Henderson
8. Matt Hughes
9. Kazushi Sakuraba
10. Frankie Edgar

HM: Lyoto Machida, Junior Dos Santos, Chris Weidman, Demetrius Johnson, Renan Barao

Jones jumps to number 1 if he beats the Gus/Johnson winner.

I like this approach of breaking them down into their "runs". When you look at it that way a guy like Wanderlei or Frank looks a lot better.
If it's runs at the top, Hendo and Nogueira win by a landslide.
Not even Fedor comes close.

Back