St Pierre
Big nog
Wanderlei
Penn
Rua
Jones
Henderson
Hughes

That list is so solid I can't see making any changes.
But I would say that the most tenuous position is Aldo's, if he got KO'd by Conor he'd drop to the bottom real quick. He just hasn't had the same "high level" of competition that all of the others have faced.

But he's not getting KO'd by Conor lol still can't change he went over 9 years undefeated and defended his title 9 times. Both have never been done together, Aldo is the first to do it.

Here is mine

1. Fedor
2. GSP
3. Jones
4. Anderson
5. Aldo
6. Hughes
7. Wanderlei
8. Liddell
9. BJ Penn
10.Big Nog

BJ anywhere near the top ten is a joke. .

1. Fedor
2. Jones
3. GSP
4. AS
5. Nog
6. Hendo
7. Hughes
8. Aldo
9. Wand
10. Shogun

1. Sakuraba
2. Rickson Gracie
3. Fedor
4. Anderson
5. GSP
6. Jon Coke Jones
7. Big Nog
8. Igor V
9. Jose Aldo
10. Demetrious Johnson

Honorable Mention: Dan Henderson, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock, Royce Gracie, Tito Ortiz, Wand Silva, Chuck Liddell, Frank Mir, Melvin Guillard

The funny thing about a top 10 GOAT list is that the easiest position to place is #5 on the list. Jones, Fedor, Anderson, and GSP are the top four, but the order is really just a matter of opinion. Aldo is a notch behind, and then matters become pretty unclear. I'd put Big Nog and Hughes at #6 and #7 in some order because they should make the top ten however you evaluate.

After them, who knows? It depends how you relatively value a dominant streak, quality victories, fighting successfully across multiple classes, and overall performance over the course of a career.

1. Bones
2. Anderson
3. Fedor
4. GSP
5. Aldo
6. Dan Henderson
7. BJ Penn
8. Matt Hughes
9. Shogun
10. Wand

Jones the end

1. Fedor
2. Anderson
3. GSP
4. Jon Jones
5. Jose Aldo
6. Shogun
7. Matt Hughes
8. BJ Penn
9. Dan Henderson
10. Wanderlei Silva

Anderson Silva 2006-2012
Georges St. Pierre 2008-2012
Jose Aldo 2008-2014
Jon Jones 2009-2014
Fedor Emelianenko 2001-2010
Cain Velasquez 2009-2013
Frank Shamrock 1997-1999
Randy Couture 2001-2007
Wanderlie Silva 2000-2004
Dan Henderson 1998-2010

I have no idea what your years mean. Why is Andy 2006-2012, if he was already like top 5 in the MW division by 2004. Why does Jones begin at 2009? Is it the undefeated streaks? If so, then Cain should start earlier.

Clear this up man!!!!!!!!

Jon Jones is the GOAT, and I don't even like the guy.

I've tried to brush him off, and rank guys like Fedor, Silva & GSP higher, but given his competition and amazing performances, I've got to give in and admit he's the best.

1. Fedor = champion in multiple organizations, in multiple sports; reigned over the heavyweight division when Pride was the top organization; undefeated for a decade, with no losses during his prime; defeated several all-time greats; great longevity in the sport

2. Henderson (Dan) = two division champion in a top organization; defeated multiple all-time greats, at multiple weight classes; great longevity in the sport; can protect his ranking by finishing off his career with a couple of solid wins

3. Anderson = reigned over a tough division for multiple years; defeated multiple all-time greats; champion in multiple organizations; great longevity in the sport; can save his ranking by finishing off his career with some solid wins

4. GSP = reigned over a tough division for multiple years; avenged all of his losses; defeated several all-time greats; retired during his prime, so will most likely drop in the coming years

5. Jones = reigned over the marquee division during his era (current); undefeated, with victories over several all-time greats; young career, no indication of longevity; Jones is the likeliest fighter to move up over the next couple of years

6. Shogun = the only fighter to become a marquee champion in both of the premier MMA organizations; several victories over all-time greats; multiple injuries, harming his longevity as a top fighter; is no longer able to fight to his potential

Rounding out the next couple of spots would be: Wanderlei, Vitor, Liddell, and Penn. I don't have an order for these four, but you have to give a lot of credit for their belts and respective reigns (Wanderlei, Liddell, Penn) and their longevity (Wanderlei, Vitor).

When you're talking about the "Greatest of All-Time" list, I think you have to consider championships and longevity, more than you have to consider short-term heights of talent. There are some fighters who were untouchable and extremely talented for a brief period of time, but could not last at a high level. These I could not rank up as high as someone who reigned over a tough division for multiple years.

Last edited:
Tonycpa:

GSP
GSP
GSP
GSP
GSP
GSP
GSP
GSP
GSP
GSP

1. Jones
2. Silva
3. GSP
4. Fedor
5. Aldo
6. Hughes
7. Chuck
8. Randy
9. Machida
10. BJ

Honorable mentions: Wandy, Shogun, Hendo all could be in there. Rampage, Saku, Franklin, Cain, Royce, Coleman, Severn, Shammy for pioneers.

Top 3 are definitely Fedor, Anderson, and GSP in any order. And then in any order the next 5 are Hendo, Aldo, Big Nog, Hughes, and Jones.

I don't see how anyone can realistically put anyone ahead of Jones... His only loss was a fight he was absolutely dominating, granted he broke the rules. He has beaten 5 former LHW champions in dominant fashion and brought stability to a division with a notoriously hot-potato belt. He's tapped out bjj blackbelts and out-wrestled the former captain of the U.S. Olympic wrestling team. If Jones was a portly Russian rather than a cocky black man it wouldn't even be a contest.

Truth. One was easy to like and fans look past anything negative in his career, and the other is how you described.

Back