Rank these countries: UK, Ireland, Korea, Japan, Australia

put down the crack pipe son, youve clearly had too much

Says the Mayhem fan. Lol.

I just don't think many of those guys are big prospects. They can still prove me wrong but I see the UK falling behind the rest of Europe soon.

Japan has been out of it for some time but at least they've had two fighters earn UFC title shots. As far as I know, they even currently have more fighters in the top 15 than the UK.

Then if we go back looking for legends, the closest that the UK has is Ian Freeman and Lee Murray.

Sorry. As of right now. Japan has the UK beat.

Northern Ireland is a part of the UK lol
Yes but is he Irish or is he from the UK? The question would be this: Is he an Irishman trapped in an English Occupied Northern Ireland or is he an Englishman Occupying Northern Ireland? LOL

Yes but is he Irish or is he from the UK? The question would be this: Is he an Irishman trapped in an English Occupied Northern Ireland or is he an Englishman Occupying Northern Ireland? LOL
Most people in Northern Ireland want to be apart of the UK. When they once took down the Union Jack from the main government building, people broke in and demanded it be put back.

Brad Pickett? Stevie Ray? Norman Parke? Rob Whiteford? Tom Breese?

add them and the UK owns Japan without much effort

I think we shouldn't forget about Paul Daley, just because he's not signed by the UFC ... as well as Micheal 'Venom' Page who I would like to see fight in the UFC in the not too distant future.

Most people in Northern Ireland want to be apart of the UK. When they once took down the Union Jack from the main government building, people broke in and demanded it be put back.
I don't think that a couple of crazys = "Most People"

UK's Best. McGeary and Semtex, not just Bisping and Peardon. But Paul Taylor is the most entertaining fighter to watch.

Japan all-time has the better fighters than the other countries in the thread. Right now they might not be doing so hot, but Horiguchi at the very least is a top 5 FLW and will probably be in the top 10 of that division for a long ass time.

UK has a good number of top 10 fighters (in the past) and a good amount of prospects.

Korea has had some top guys but DHK is kind of stuck in the rank 8-12 range and KZ has been out for a long time. Choi is a great prospect. Kyung Ho Kang is also a good prospect but like KZ he is on miliatry duty. The rest of the Korean guys in the UFC are mostly JUST BLEED veterans who are good for fun fights.

Says the Mayhem fan. Lol.

I just don't think many of those guys are big prospects. They can still prove me wrong but I see the UK falling behind the rest of Europe soon.

Japan has been out of it for some time but at least they've had two fighters earn UFC title shots. As far as I know, they even currently have more fighters in the top 15 than the UK.

Then if we go back looking for legends, the closest that the UK has is Ian Freeman and Lee Murray.

Sorry. As of right now. Japan has the UK beat.

UK has some very big prospects, Tom Breese, Arnold Allen out in Canada, Darren Till in Brazil shame that they are not training in the UK as I feel a lot of Japanese, Korean etc train in their own country.

Then has some solid veterans like Pickett, Pearson and people who will be of that ilk like Askem, Manuwa, Wilkinson etc. There is some great talent in the UK but a lot of them won't get a chance at world level, much easier for other countries, Europe is by far the hardest to get out of.

Sad state of affairs Japan is in. From the biggest MMA promotion and true mainstream awareness to Okami possibly fighting in high school gyms.

Kyoji Horiguchi last hope.

Sunset+in+dust+veil+Kho+rong_animation.gif

Back