Rank these countries: UK, Ireland, Korea, Japan, Australia

RiotWyatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
UK's best is Bisping who sports a 17-7 UFC record. Their other top veterans are Dan Hardy (6-4), Jon Hathaway(7-2) and Ross Pearson(10-7).

Ireland has Conor McGregor and a prospect in Joe Duffy(1-1).

Korea has Don Hyun Kim(12-3) and Korean Zombie(3-1) and a serious prospect in Doo Ho Choi(2-0).

Japan has Yushin Okami (13-5), Mizugaki (10-7), Horiguchi (5-1). I also have to include veterans, Gomi(4-6) and Kawajiri(3-3).

Australia has rising prospects in Robert Whitaker(6-2) and Jake Matthews(3-1) and a veteran in Kyle Noke (6-4).

Of all time, it's between Japan and UK but I give an edge to Japan for having more legendary fighters.

Currently, it's a toss up. UK has nobody after Bisping while all of the other countries have rising prospects.

Last edited:
Brad Pickett? Stevie Ray? Norman Parke? Rob Whiteford? Tom Breese?

add them and the UK owns Japan without much effort

UK has some pretty solid fighters - these guys haven't been mentioned..but Jimi Manuwa, Leon Edwards, Darren Till, Scott Askham.

UK has some pretty solid fighters - these guys haven't been mentioned..but Jimi Manuwa, Leon Edwards, Darren Till, Scott Askham.
thank you..... surprised I forgot Jimi, but I was trying to remember Darren Till. almost posted "the english guy that lives in Brazil" lol

Korea has the best win %
Japanese fighters with cardiovascular would win any contest

Korea(multiple top contenders)
Ireland(Conor Bless)
Australia(Whitaker and Mathews are solid prospects)
UK(They have old bisping and no impressive young prospects)
Japan(they have old fighters who were good 10 years ago)

I might as well list Tanaka, Kunimoto, Akiyama and Kid Yamamoto too then.

Korea(multiple top contenders)
Ireland(Conor Bless)
Australia(Whitaker and Mathews are solid prospects)
UK(They have old bisping and no impressive young prospects)
Japan(they have old fighters who were good 10 years ago)

Darren Till? Tom Breese? Stevie Ray?

yeah, absolutely no impressive young prospects..... none at all :/

I think we're just scratching the surface of the talent in Korea... I remember hearing people praise the kids working at Korean top team a few years back and we're starting to see the results... interesting to see where they'll be in 5 years

Back