Rank these 4 fighters in terms of their Career

5 time UFC champion. Anyone not rating Randy at the top is out of their minds.

Randy
Hendo
BJ
Conor

Reactions: G10
Couture
Conor
BJ
Hendo

1. Couture: Two division UFC champion. Fought the best guys in each division. Never ducked anyone. Won championships into his 40s. Never popped for PEDs, nor had to use TRT. Also a great ambassador for the sport.

2. Hendo: Two division Pride champion, one division champion in Strikeforce, and a UFC Tournament Champion. Fought the best guys in each division. Never ducked anyone. Never popped for PEDs. Definitely became much less effective into his 40s, but remained competitive. Relied on TRT for a few years. Somewhat of a dirty fighter.

3. BJ: Two division UFC champion. Fought the best guys in each division. Never ducked anyone. Never popped for PEDs. Spent many of his best competitive years fighting outside of his ideal weight-class (155lbs), and he had a reputation for not being motivated for his fights. Also tried to hang on way too long, and his current legacy seems to suffer from it. Also, he seems to suffer from some personal demons, if there's any truth to the media rumors.

4. Conor: Two division UFC champion. Never popped for PEDs. Did not fight the best guys in each division. Ducked many other contenders in each division. Spent years of his competitive prime either in "retirement" or chasing boxing ventures. Introduced a culture of chasing "money fights" along with grandiose trash talk. Also seems to be an a**hole outside of the sport.

Sport accomplishments
Conor McGregor
Dan Henderson
Randy Couture
BJ Penn
(bottom 3 are very close to one another; #1 is obvious)

Skill
Conor McGregor
BJ Penn
Dan Henderson
Randy Couture

Financial accomplishments
Conor McGregor
BJ Penn
Randy Couture
Dan Henderson
(bottom 3 are just my guesses; #1 is obvious)
What a clown! "sports accomplishments"? Prime BJ Penn in his era was the most skilled and well rounded of his time. Connor is a one dimensional counter striker who has been beaten in his prime at every weight hes fought at and every combat sport hes fought in. You sir are a dipshit!

Sport accomplishments
Conor McGregor
Dan Henderson
Randy Couture
BJ Penn
(bottom 3 are very close to one another; #1 is obvious)

Skill
Conor McGregor
BJ Penn
Dan Henderson
Randy Couture

Financial accomplishments
Conor McGregor
BJ Penn
Randy Couture
Dan Henderson
(bottom 3 are just my guesses; #1 is obvious)

So many Conor haters here dont want to admit the truth but your post is easily the most accurate.

1. Couture
had a great career multiple titles at two weight classes went up against the whos who of MMA night in and night out. Would be top 10 all time in two weight classes IMO.
2. Hendo
Another guy who had fights in various weight classes beat many of the best guys of his era.
3. BJ two weight class champ
4. I believe Connor is 4 on this list for a number of reasons. He is a one trick pony! He hasn't really beat nearly as many top guys as the others, he is terrible on the ground and iam not sure he ever has won a fight VS the top tier guys when they were in there prime.

5 time UFC champion. Anyone not rating Randy at the top is out of their minds.

Randy
Hendo
BJ
Conor
Or realizes he got many undeserved title shots.
JC. I think he got a shot at Sylvia after a loss.

1. Couture: Two division UFC champion. Fought the best guys in each division. Never ducked anyone. Won championships into his 40s. Never popped for PEDs, nor had to use TRT. Also a great ambassador for the sport.

2. Hendo: Two division Pride champion, one division champion in Strikeforce, and a UFC Tournament Champion. Fought the best guys in each division. Never ducked anyone. Never popped for PEDs. Definitely became much less effective into his 40s, but remained competitive. Relied on TRT for a few years. Somewhat of a dirty fighter.

3. BJ: Two division UFC champion. Fought the best guys in each division. Never ducked anyone. Never popped for PEDs. Spent many of his best competitive years fighting outside of his ideal weight-class (155lbs), and he had a reputation for not being motivated for his fights. Also tried to hang on way too long, and his current legacy seems to suffer from it. Also, he seems to suffer from some personal demons, if there's any truth to the media rumors.

4. Conor: Two division UFC champion. Never popped for PEDs. Did not fight the best guys in each division. Ducked many other contenders in each division. Spent years of his competitive prime either in "retirement" or chasing boxing ventures. Introduced a culture of chasing "money fights" along with grandiose trash talk. Also seems to be an a**hole outside of the sport.
Yeah, you might want to read more about Couture, "M. Natural".

Randy, Hendo, BJ, Conor..... curious as to what inclined you to put Conor in the mix with these guys

I probably should have specified - but these 4 fighters all have captured at least 2 major belts in different weight classes (2 Pride Belts for Hendo)

My list looks exactly as yours actually

Is this a serious post or are you just being a randy hater?

Other than that, I rank them like this.
  • Conor McGregor - Great mental game and warfare. Deadly striking abilities against those who wants to stand and bang. Only Khabib gave him serious trouble in his career and KO'd Aldo in 13 seconds.
  • Couture - Beat prime Chuck Liddell once, but beating Tim Sylvia as HW champ improved his status further.
  • Hendo - Pride WW and MW champ? But great wins over Bisping and had some surprising performances against Shogun and Rashad Evans.
  • BJ - Could have been overhyped because he got btfo'd by Edgar and erased by everyone else after that.

I probably should have specified - but these 4 fighters all have captured at least 2 major belts in different weight classes (2 Pride Belts for Hendo)

My list looks exactly as yours actually
Gotcha, makes sense now. He is definitely in some lofty company.

Is this a serious post or are you just being a randy hater?

Other than that, I rank them like this.
  • Conor McGregor - Great mental game and warfare. Deadly striking abilities against those who wants to stand and bang. Only Khabib gave him serious trouble in his career and KO'd Aldo in 13 seconds.
  • Couture - Beat prime Chuck Liddell once, but beating Tim Sylvia as HW champ improved his status further.
  • Hendo - Pride WW and MW champ? But great wins over Bisping and had some surprising performances against Shogun and Rashad Evans.
  • BJ - Could have been overhyped because he got btfo'd by Edgar and erased by everyone else after that.
Mcgruber fans are delerious! Only Khabib had him in serious trouble? hes been finished 4 times.He shot for that takedown on diaz in the first fight because he was gassed, hurt, and in TROUBLE! He got saved by the ref in his fight with an obvious shot and old mayweather. I'd say thats being in trouble. Tapping is being in trouble and looking to be saved. He was in trouble against Mendes. Conor doesnt even belong on this thread if we're being serious..

I just did a little reading. I couldn't find anything about Couture popping for anything, and he never used TRT (at least, not publicly).

I'm not naive enough to think that Couture never used ANYTHING. It wouldn't surprise me if he did. But, since there's no record of it, then there's no reason to judge his career negatively.

Back