Rank the top 5 best boxers in the UFC

Any list without CoGar, Domachenko, and Conor is pure trash

I know he has a decent pro boxing record, but I never got why he's still seen as top in that aspect. At least when it comes to boxing as it applies to MMA fighting. I've seen him picked apart in standup by multiple guys not mentioned, with maybe 1 impressive performance in the past 6 years.

Masvidal boxed the shit out of Noons

Aldo has a great jab, is very proficient with combos, and has some of the best footwork, use of angles and head movement in the sport.
Aldo is a legend but I just think of his shining moments always seem to be off of his knee and kicks. I will always remember when Mark Hominick was boxing Jose up in the 5th round of their fight.

Just out of pure curiosity, I'm Irish and have never seen "jabroni" before. Is it a racial slur that Columbians attach to Irish or something? What does it mean?
jabroni was a term popularized by "The Rock" in professional wrestling it kinds of mean like like loser,weak,soft. Like your a dunce your a jabroni. IDK what else to say slang in the US changes so frequently i don't know why that word has come back.

Aldo is a legend but I just think of his shining moments always seem to be off of his knee and kicks. I will always remember when Mark Hominick was boxing Jose up in the 5th round of their fight.

Im sorry but that is just nonsense. Aldo put a boxing clinic on hominick until he gassed from the horrendous weight cut due to illness. Even then, hominick's success in round 5 came from when it went to the ground, not the feet.

Look at Aldo's performances against Edgar. He completely outboxed him, especially at UFC 200

Moose is one of the best imo, heavy jab, solid 1-2, i really enjoy watching him striking

My favourite as well. That Dutch style of Kickboxing which emphasizes lots of Western Boxing fundamentals is by far my favourite kind of striking.

jabroni was a term popularized by "The Rock" in professional wrestling it kinds of mean like like loser,weak,soft. Like your a dunce your a jabroni. IDK what else to say slang in the US changes so frequently i don't know why that word has come back.

The Rock must be a big deal in Colombia. But I suppose...that doesn't matter!

boom boom

bye.

Aldo is more of a well rounded striker has amazing knees and deadly leg kicks but pure fist strikes no way. That's like putting Edson on this list.Jamie Varner had crisper boxing.

I`d have Barboza close to the top 5 as well. Varner doesn`t have crisper boxing, he landed a big punch on Barboza but Barboza`s footwork and counterpunching have improved tremendously even since the MJ fight.

Conor
Cody
Tumenov
Joe Duffy
Swanson

there are probably 20 other good ones as well, but these 5 know both how to box going forwards and backwards and know spacing better than most. I actually think Cub is technically right up there with the best, but, imo, he has so many tools that he sometimes chooses the wrong one and gets hit when closing distance, like throwing a lead rear hand just to take a shot over the top.

Ronda
Rhonda
Honda
Edmond
Conor

How did you leave out Gus? He has some of the best mma boxing i've seen. Particularly in his bout with jones. Did he get cut?

How did you leave out Gus? He has some of the best mma boxing i've seen. Particularly in his bout with jones. Did he get cut?
Gus' good, but has bad defense. Constantly takes punishment and wins decisions with takedowns rather than skillful boxing.

Am I the only one who thinks JDS is NOT that great of a boxer - heavy hands for sure, and great chin - but shouldn't be mentioned with others. His movement is quite stiff, takes much too much punishment

Just how I see it

Masvidal deserves a mention, that guy is a sleeper in the division and I think will give Cerrone everything he can handle

Back