Rank the top 5 best boxers in the UFC

MuayThai101

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Cody Garbrandt took me by surprise. I knew about his boxing but his performance last night looked like he could be competing in pro boxing if he wanted to, and do pretty good. His amateur boxing record of 32-1, and coming from a family of pro boxers; the kid knows his stuff.

Before Cody fought Dom, I thought Conor was hands down the best boxer in the UFC. Now, I am not so sure. They both are amazing in their own ways. Conor's style of boxing is different than Cody's. I feel like Conor is like a Floyd whilst Cody is like a Lomachenko. (Not to say that they are ANYWHERE near their levels btw). I will give the distance management, and counter ability to Conor. But head movement, and foot work to Cody. This is a tough one to pick.

Here is my list right now.

1. Conor McGregor
2. Cody Garbrandt
3. Nick Diaz
4. Nate Diaz
5. Junior Dos Santos

enough with these ronda topics already1!!

JDS
Stipe
Nick Diaz
Noons (if he is still in UFC, I don't even know).
Lil Nog

Noons (if he is still in UFC, I don't even know).

I know he has a decent pro boxing record, but I never got why he's still seen as top in that aspect. At least when it comes to boxing as it applies to MMA fighting. I've seen him picked apart in standup by multiple guys not mentioned, with maybe 1 impressive performance in the past 6 years.

Cody has fast hands more than anything, not a lot of variation to his punches, I mean, did he even throw a straight punch yesterday?

1. Aldo
2. McGregor
3. TJ (if you want a Loma comparison, TJ is it)
4. Garbrandt
5. Nate

I know he has a decent pro boxing record, but I never got why he's still seen as top in that aspect. At least when it comes to boxing as it applies to MMA fighting. I've seen him picked apart in standup by multiple guys not mentioned, with maybe 1 impressive performance in the past 6 years.
I always wanted Noons to suceed but it never happened boxing and MMA are very different this thread should say who has the most effective MMA boxing. Because they are two entirely different ways of boxing (or throwing fist strikes in MMA).

Doo Hos working on the head part but as far as im concerned his hands are worth their weight in platinum

Moose is one of the best imo, heavy jab, solid 1-2, i really enjoy watching him striking

1. Aldo
2. McGregor
3. TJ (if you want a Loma comparison, TJ is it)
4. Garbrandt
5. Nate
Aldo is more of a well rounded striker has amazing knees and deadly leg kicks but pure fist strikes no way. That's like putting Edson on this list.Jamie Varner had crisper boxing.

Cody Garbrandt took me by surprise. I knew about his boxing but his performance last night looked like he could be competing in pro boxing if he wanted to, and do pretty good. His amateur boxing record of 32-1, and coming from a family of pro boxers; the kid knows his stuff.

Before Cody fought Dom, I thought Conor was hands down the best boxer in the UFC. Now, I am not so sure. They both are amazing in their own ways. Conor's style of boxing is different than Cody's. I feel like Conor is like a Floyd whilst Cody is like a Lomachenko. (Not to say that they are ANYWHERE near their levels btw). I will give the distance management, and counter ability to Conor. But head movement, and foot work to Cody. This is a tough one to pick.

Here is my list right now.

1. Conor McGregor
2. Cody Garbrandt
3. Nick Diaz
4. Nate Diaz
5. Junior Dos Santos
I'll take your top 4. Neither JDs nor anyone else is worthy of the top 4.

Aldo is more of a well rounded striker has amazing knees and deadly leg kicks but pure fist strikes no way. That's like putting Edson on this list.Jamie Varner had crisper boxing.

Aldo has a great jab, is very proficient with combos, and has some of the best footwork, use of angles and head movement in the sport.

Back