Rank the top 3 power punchers ever.

in MMA

Manhoef
Ngannou
Carwin

Did prime Roy Nelson make anyone's list? He knocked out that guy who said that jiu jitsu doesn't work (right before he got tapped). Can't quite recall his name at the moment. Anyway, Roy had some pretty devastating power in his prime.

Dave Herman

Dave Herman

I remember watching that thinking Herman snapped his neck or some shit with how he collapsed into a broken corpse. Then he came to enough to get to his back and I was relieved. That KO is in my all time top-5.

ngannou is no1, people don't understand how powerful the dude is. Blaydes took an overeem KNEE on the chin, took one of hunt bombs on the chin, but he couldn't take One of francis' punch which was BLOCKED by blaydes. Ngannou's power is surreal.

And before people talk about the stipe fight, ngannou didn't land one single punche on stipe with both his feet on the ground and with hip rotation. The only punches he landed on stipe where while he was moving backward, one feet in the air, just with the arm power no body power etc and it still hurt stipe BAD.
CommonSeparateAztecant-size_restricted.gif
If that landed on the jaw...

P4P Hardest Punchers
1. Hendo
2. Carwin
3. Rumble

Hendo, a WW, knocked the HW GOAT out cold with one punch. He has the touch of death in his hands.

Carwin KOed everyone with short range jabs, he never had a fight last past 2 minutes until the Lesnar fight. Even then it was only Brocks insanely dense skull that allowed him to live through it - Frank Mir is still recovering from the KO Carwin gave him.

Rumble - no more needs to be said but.. one punch KOs spanning four weight divisions.

He KO'd Werdum walking backwards

It helps when the other guy literally drives himself into your punches believe it or not.

Tank, Ngannou, peak Roy Nelson
tumblr_nv9kqoZh4W1tugoyjo2_400.gifv

To this day this is still one of the very few knockouts I truly worried about. I know there's been a lot of really bad ones, both before and since, but this is one of the few ones where I truly thought I'd just seen a fighter die.

giphy.gif

Pound for Pound? Top 10 Boxing & MMA in no specific order:

MMA:
Dan Henderson
Rumble Johnson
Francis Ngannou
Mark Hunt
Chuck Liddell
Igor Vovachanchyn
Tank Abbott
Fedor Emelianenko
Robbie Lawlor
Yoel Romero

Boxing:
Rocky Marciano
Mike Tyson
Earnie Shavers
David Tua
Felix Trinidad
Julian Jackson
Naseem Hamed
Aaron Pryor
George Foreman
Arturo Gatti

Deontay Wilder has to be included.

No chance, Nelson went on a tear knocking everyone out, Arlovski has power for sure but never near prime Nelson level.

JDS didn't either, him and arlovski are the types to stop people with punches rather than 1 punch someone.
Arlovski one punched plenty, including Nelson. He was fast and strong. Nelson was always fat and slow.

Overall?
1. Ngannou/Carwin
2. Rumble/ Hendo
3. Hunt/ Big Country

P4P?

1. McGregor/ Johnny Hendricks
2. Jeremy Stephens
3. Yoel?

manhoef and its not even close
dan henderson as well

these dudes are small and knocked out much bigger guys. some of these so called 'power punchers' mostly throw their weight in it but its not raw explosive power.

imight forget some fighters but manhoef and henderson are prime examples

P4P probably Henderson. Ngannou has to be up there. Maybe Carwin.

Arlovski one punched plenty, including Nelson. He was fast and strong. Nelson was always fat and slow.

Does not mean he hits harder than nelson.

To this day this is still one of the very few knockouts I truly worried about. I know there's been a lot of really bad ones, both before and since, but this is one of the few ones where I truly thought I'd just seen a fighter die.

giphy.gif

It was heinous looking and I was worried as well.

Back