Rank the top 3 power punchers ever.

TS, have you ever heard the tragic story of John Matua the bone breaker?

Did_you_ever_hear.jpg

That fight was a testament to Arlovski's endurance, not Rumble's weakness. Both those guys are top of the top heavy hitters.
Jesus Christ both of you guys are so wrong it’s laughable.

He’s too often over-looked in these discussions

You’re probably right. I just can’t put him in the same tier as Francis, Carwin, Rumble or Hunt. Fedor’s quicker than those guys though and can crack.

No Miocic?
He KO'd Werdum walking backwards and dropped Jds brutally. The guy also changed the entire dynamic of his fight with DC with a couple brutal left body hooks.
Werdum was running at him, JDS was chinny and he hurt DC with like 12 body hooks not a couple

I'm a big Mark Hunt fan, but honestly I don't think he carries the same raw power as many other HWs that have been mentioned. Hunt has way better technique, and a ton more top-shelf striking experience than a lot of people realize.

Honorable P4P mention - Hiroyuki Takaya. Dynamite in a small package.

tumblr_oyaaoocQ1a1u2ragso1_500.gifv

tumblr_o7m0okR5dP1qd4esao1_500.gifv

tumblr_nsnu4cU5Cy1u2ragso1_500.gifv

Semmy
HMC
Hunt

A weak Jab against A legendary chin.
WatchfulIllinformedCockatiel.gif

Last edited:
Manhoef
Hunt
Rumble

Deoanty
Foreman
Ronda under the right circumstances

You’re probably right. I just can’t put him in the same tier as Francis, Carwin, Rumble or Hunt. Fedor’s quicker than those guys though and can crack.
The way he flatlined Rogers, Arlovski and Mir all w one punch was as powerful as any of those other guys KOs

1. Hunt
2. Ngannou
3. Carwin

Wrong?

Disagree with Hunt. Thing is the HW's(or most of them) have power cause they have more weight. A lot of them wouldn't have it if they lost weight(look at Overeem at 205). So IMO the hardest hitters are the ones who can hit harder at the lower classes and would be even more dangerous at HW. I'd have to say Rumble and Thiago Santos are 2 that come to mind. Hendo also but it's crazy to think a fighter could be both known for not KO'ing people "decision Dan" and KO'ing people "H-Bomb" at different points.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back