Rank the top 3 power punchers ever.

Rumble had some serious power
giphy.gif

just putting massive guys on the list is boring. Houston Alexander's entire mma career was built around insane punching power.

No Miocic?
He KO'd Werdum walking backwards and dropped Jds brutally. The guy also changed the entire dynamic of his fight with DC with a couple brutal left body hooks.

Fair point. I think if I swapped JDS for Rumble I'd stand by my list.
Yeah that’s a solid list. My gut tells me it’s ngannou, rumble and then I think you have to try and throw someone from a lower weight class in there. Maybe like Jeremy Stephens? Obviously weight classes are all different, but for his weight class Stephens has always had incredible power.

ngannou is no1, people don't understand how powerful the dude is. Blaydes took an overeem KNEE on the chin, took one of hunt bombs on the chin, but he couldn't take One of francis' punch which was BLOCKED by blaydes. Ngannou's power is surreal.

And before people talk about the stipe fight, ngannou didn't land one single punche on stipe with both his feet on the ground and with hip rotation. The only punches he landed on stipe where while he was moving backward, one feet in the air, just with the arm power no body power etc and it still hurt stipe BAD.
CommonSeparateAztecant-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
This thread is a lot more interesting if we were to exclude 205+.

1. Ngannou
2. Rumble
3. Hendo

There are other guys who have very good power but with these three specifically it was scary to watch. It was as if all they have to do is touch you and you will literally go to sleep. The amount of actual KO's vs TKO's compared to other power punches is drastic.

If we're just talking raw power, obviously the heavyweights take it. I'd hazard a guess that Shane Carwin would be foremost but I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Fedor Emelianenko.

In lower weight classes, I feel like Joseph Benavidez and WW Johnny Hendricks are being overlooked.

If we're just talking raw power, obviously the heavyweights take it. I'd hazard a guess that Shane Carwin would be foremost but I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Fedor Emelianenko.

In lower weight classes, I feel like Joseph Benavidez and WW Johnny Hendricks are being overlooked.
Yeah I was wondering that too. If you’re talking about power relative to weight Jeremy Stephens deserves a shout out too

Quite a few names in contention, but if your list does not include Melvin Manhoef it's not relevant

Hector Lombard and Prime Ellenburger were ungodly quick and vicious with inside hooks and uppercut combos

Woodly's boxing is basic but he probably holds the most effective overhand right at WW if not the entire sport.

Though untrained and little technical skills, Lesnar did knock herring across the ring

Fedor in his last years just takes 1 shot to put someone away.

But its obviously Ngannou

Ngannou
Hunt
Carwin
Fedor
Nelson

Non HW list.
1- anthony Johnson
2- Hendo
3- i cant thin of another top puncher so nick diaz for shits and giggles

MMA:
Ngannou