Poirier
Pettis
Gaethje (yeah I know Alvarez beat him)
Alvarez
Barboza

Khabib
Tony
Conor
Gaethje (Since this is based on ability, if he were to hypothetically use his wrestling)
Lee
Barboza
Poirier
Alvarez
Pettis
Iaquinta

Khabib
Tony
Conor
Poirier
Gaethje
Lee
Pettis/Alvarez(Tie)
Barboza
Al

1. Tony Ferguson
2. - 11. Everyone else, hard to say.

That division is a damn shark tank.

Weird to think that years ago the weight class was disbanded and Yves was considered the uncrowned champ after beating Josh Thomson.

Weird to think that years ago the weight class was disbanded and Yves was considered the uncrowned champ after beating Josh Thomson.
They pretty much had to close the division when their 2 best lightweights, Penn and Pulver, left the UFC to go to Japan for greater challenges. It would have been nice if they kept the belt around for Yves to win though. :(

They pretty much had to close the division when their 2 best lightweights, Penn and Pulver, left the UFC to go to Japan for greater challenges. It would have been nice if they kept the belt around for Yves to win though. :(

Agreed on all counts. Yves was one of my faves when I started seriously following the sport. Class act and a great analyst.

Gotta give Conor credit - if you told me years ago that the richest and most famous MMA fighter on the planet was a LW I'd never believe it.

Ferguson
Khabib
Mcgregor
Poirer
Gaethje
Lee
Alvarez
Pettis
Barboza
Iaquinta

1. Conor mcgregor
2. Tony Ferg earned it.
3. Khabib
4. Dustin diamond earned it
5. Kevin lee
6. Pettis
7. Justin geathje
8. Raging AI
9. Barboza
10. Eddie alverez
11. Maybe nate diaz

Based on ability? So basically rank the LW's like any would

Khabib vs Conor is literally a toss up to me. I cant choose. Conor has the most underrated TD defense of all time. And I basically NEVER root for Conor to win. McGregor smokes Ferguson though. Honestly I think Conor TKOS T-Ferg. Khabib vs Tony is a tough matchup

1. Conor
2. Khabib
3. Ferguson
4. Lee
5. Porier
6. Gaethje
7. Alvarez
8. Pettis
9. Diaz
10. Barboza

Last edited:
Khabib
Tony
Lee
Conor
(distance)
Poirier
Gaethje
Pettis
Alvarez
Al
Barboza

Nate would get beaten by Vick, Hernandez or Hooker right now. Easily!

I could see Lee beating everyone by 2019. Stacked division. Hard to say. Hope they all stay healthy and I hope they fight more than once this year!

Khabib
Conor
Tony
Lee
Poirer
Alvarez
Gaethje
Barboza
Hooker
Nate
Pettis
Iaquinta

I love how Hooker has looked his last few times out. Guy is long, lean and strong. He just needs a chance to prove himself against some top guys.

Conor
Ferguson
Lee
Khabib
Porier
Alvarez
Gaethje
Barboza
Pettis
Iaquinta

Back