Rank The Heavies

So these fighters all wanted to fight floyd? and floyd turned them down?

you have some valid options for Mayweather opponents he should have fought BUT a lot of the fighters your pulling out of your ass.

your looking back and saying oh i know that name, i know him also. why did Floyd not fight them? BUT at the time some of those fighters were not name fighters, and not ranked high at the time.

These 4 fighters i do think Floyd should have attempted to fight. who knows if they "at the time" wanted to fight him

1. Prince Naseem Hamed
2. Joel Casamayor
3. Acelino Freitas
4. Kostya Tszyu

His standing with the fans and his Legacy would be much better. 3 of those 4 fights would have been big fights. so i agree with them

but not

manny - was not even a name fighter back then. his first fight in the states was 2001. Also he was fighting at super bantamweight(122lbs)

why would you have ricky Hatton? did they not fight?

Oktay Urkal, Vivian Harris
- LOL......is it Aprils fools?

and you listed some super bantamweights(122lbs) i dont think they were looking to fight floyd. But you say he avoided them?

and as far as the welterweights go........you cant say he is avoiding anyone yet. he is still in the weight class.

Zan judah had the IBF welterweight belt
Carlos Baldomir had the WBC welterweight title, and IBO ?

and mayweather beat both.......

this thread is fucking HIJACKED!!!!!!111111
i come in here to listen to people bash my favorite division, not debate a modern fighter not getting in all the possible opponents that might have given him a fight?! what do you guys think this is? the 1890's-1950's??????????? it's modern boxing, and superstars arent allowed to fight more than 2 times a year, it's in their promotional contracts!!!!!!!

now someone come in here and tell me how much the heavyweight division sucks, I'm all ready for a fight. Im a caustic, acrimonious motherfucker dammit!!!!1111

Okay, amhlilhaus,

Clearly I don't care much for floyd mayweather's whole act: the style, personality, you name it...
however...
the Heavyweight division sucks so bad that I'd actually prefer to discuss the dreaded mayweather rather than waste bandwidth and brain activity discussing the barren wasteland that is currently the Heavyweight division.
OUCH.

...and that coming from a a Boxing fan.

David Haye is no Mike Tyson, but right now he's the division's last hope.

Okay, amhlilhaus,

Clearly I don't care much for floyd mayweather's whole act: the style, personality, you name it...
however...
the Heavyweight division sucks so bad that I'd actually prefer to discuss the dreaded mayweather rather than waste bandwidth and brain activity discussing the barren wasteland that is currently the Heavyweight division.
OUCH.

...and that coming from a a Boxing fan.

David Haye is no Mike Tyson, but right now he's the division's last hope.

now that's more like it.

but to me it's still interesting, all these guys have their weaknesses, and each fight is a toss up on who's weaknesses get exposed first.

can't wait till wlad get's ko'd again. I am waiting breathlessly for his excuses.

now that's more like it.

but to me it's still interesting, all these guys have their weaknesses, and each fight is a toss up on who's weaknesses get exposed first.

can't wait till wlad get's ko'd again. I am waiting breathlessly for his excuses.

Great hand speed, good eye for a shot. VERY static though with no lateral movement. Fortunately for him there is no-one at Heavy who could expose that. i hope he learns and he COULD be as good as holyfield, however at the moment i worry about his long term chances

Back